Left Winger

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Left Winger

Post by PhilGull »

Everybody is talking about a new left winger being the missing piece of the jigsaw but does anyone have any idea as to a name? Or potential names?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

To answer my own question, how about these:

Rory Fallon - is he being paid by Argyle?
Omar Daley
Richard Hughes
Michael McIndoe
Kyel Reid
Boudewijn Zenden (!)
Robert Pires (!)

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Kyel Reids gone to Notts County I believe. I wouldnt want Fallon on the wing he'd be like Kee. McIndoe would be good but I doubt he'd take a big enough pay cut to join us. Same with Pires and Zenden (Even if they are only there because there wingers) and Hughes again is more of a CM than a Winger I think.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

AlexGulls wrote:Kyel Reids gone to Notts County I believe. I wouldnt want Fallon on the wing he'd be like Kee. McIndoe would be good but I doubt he'd take a big enough pay cut to join us. Same with Pires and Zenden (Even if they are only there because there wingers) and Hughes again is more of a CM than a Winger I think.
Yeah, I was clutching at straws there a bit!
Omar Daley it is then!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Isn't Fallon a striker and Hughes is a defensive/centre mid?

McIndoe would probably be looking for Championship/League 1 football and I'm not even going to bother for Zenden and Pires!

Daley was decent for Bradford and Reid was pretty good for Charlton but may look for another League 1 club, Reid could be out of our league.

Omar Daley is not a bad shout though, wouldn't mind him in the team.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Daley would be a good signing or Chris Shuker who was at Morecambe...Though it could be someone from another club if we use the Zebroski money...
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I expect left-wing is one of those positions we'll be looking to bring someone in on loan. Better that than trying to find some quality that just isn't there amongst the free transfers.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

mcindoe used to be superb in our regular clashes with donnie a few years back, but as has been mentioned i'm sure he's still better than 4th division football?
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scott Malone impressed me for Burton last season whilst on loan from Wolves and they played him more of an attacking midfielder/winger and he looked the part, strong, a bit languid but skilful and a good crosser. As far as i know he would have gone back to Wolves so he would be someone who would be superb for us and IMO is better than L2 standard. I don't think he signed on a permanent deal for the brewers but i could be wrong.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i only saw him play a few times last season, but i thought Hemmings that we had in on loan looked promising. he obviously went back to wolves early for personal reasons, but i'd give him another go if he was available again. he had some serious pace, and a very decent left peg.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

At this stage I think I'd probably take a gamble on Romone Rose. Not really sure where the lad's best position is but if I recall correctly, it's striker/winger similar to Robinson.

Did he say we need two wingers, or are we going to trust Macklin and Stevens on one side?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

yellowforever wrote:At this stage I think I'd probably take a gamble on Romone Rose. Not really sure where the lad's best position is but if I recall correctly, it's striker/winger similar to Robinson.

Did he say we need two wingers, or are we going to trust Macklin and Stevens on one side?
We also have Halpin who could play a big part this year hopefully.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

He wants a left winger and another striker. Unless he decides he needs a better player than Macklin and Stevens, we will have to put up with one of them down the right wing.
Luke.

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

cambgull wrote:He wants a left winger and another striker. Unless he decides he needs a better player than Macklin and Stevens, we will have to put up with one of them down the right wing.
Or Halpin!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Richinns wrote: Or Halpin!
I thought Halpin was a left footed, left winger though?
Luke.