Progress of new stand

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Progress of new stand

Post by Glostergull »

I don't know if it is possible but for those of us who live a long distance away is it or would it be possible to have regular pics stuck up on here so we can see the progress of the new stand as it is being built. I know there will be the od pic on the OS but that will be every 3 or 6 months knowing them. I would just like to see it rise and give us a bit of pride at least knowing we will be shortly getting a completly new stadium all round and smart. even if it is small. we will be the first of the long established clubs to have one. I am not counting yeovil as they are relatively new to the league
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'm not sure why, but i think it's been delayed and won't start coming down until sometime in August? It was news that was expertly disguised within the 'good news' story that the stand will hopefully be opened slightly earlier than expected (February i think?)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Yet another delay.They will be telling us it will be built with lego next. Doh!I bet ya the season will start and the old one won't have been demolished. yet more money lost. and if it opens on time let alone early, then I will eat my shorts.

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Was at plainmoor yesterday,and can confirm the grandstand is still there :) ,and it looks at the moment that no work has been done what so ever.

Think there are two reasons for the delay,i believe there is asbestos in there that has to be safely removed before work can start,and i am sure i read but dont quote me on it,that there has been a planning ammendment put in aswell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

ammended to show 2nd tier with extra 1000 seats?. Nah. not a chance. lol

numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Planning permission was indeed corrected due to Managers office now not needing to be as large as the previous incumbent due to size of ego.
TUST #324
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

numpte wrote:Planning permission was indeed corrected due to Managers office now not needing to be as large as the previous incumbent due to size of ego.
:rofl:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

numpte wrote:Planning permission was indeed corrected due to Managers office now not needing to be as large as the previous incumbent due to size of ego.
:lol: indeed.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Well I think I read that construction won't start until august BUT the demolition Is due to start after our 3 friendlies? (21st? July?)

Perhaps it would be good to take a picture after every home game? 1 or 2 every 2 weeks?
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

I went up there the other day and nothing looks different from the outside. However, there were 3 or 4 skips by the stand with carpets, flooring etc in so they are probably already cracking on with the interior.

The main work will probably begin in a few weeks when the school breaks up, but I can see the seats coming out very soon.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Thought it has previously been mentioned and confirmed that no work can start until the end of term at Westlands because of the asbestos worry and the fact that the lane will have to be closed to pedestrian traffic.

Don't know why the club is getting it in the neck again!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Not sure it has Andy? Just some people weren't aware of the reasons for the delay.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

as i've said before, it was obvious that it wont be ready for february, there is a law that all building projects will both overspend vastly and overshoot wildly, i'm sure some of the mathmeticians can provide the formula to back up my speculations?? maybe ready for last couple home games, but not before that?
still keeping the faith
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

speaking to a steward, who had there preseason meeting early this week, they have yet to decide a start date for the demolition :-D
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

bixieupnorth wrote:as i've said before, it was obvious that it wont be ready for february, there is a law that all building projects will both overspend vastly and overshoot wildly, i'm sure some of the mathmeticians can provide the formula to back up my speculations?? maybe ready for last couple home games, but not before that?
I'm no mathematician, but I've been involved in several major projects and can tell you that the formula is very simple:

Cost: double the estimate
Time: double the estimate