chris mcphee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

chris mcphee

Post by teeboo100 »

we are signing chris mcphee today and a right back released from newcastle i belive called ledbitter chris mcphee dont no what to think about that one
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

teeboo100 wrote:we are signing chris mcphee today and a right back released from newcastle i belive called ledbitter chris mcphee dont no what to think about that one
Teeboo - where exactly did you get this information??

I doubt it is correct!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teeboo100 »

its correct believe u me
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Interesting.

Apologies to the OP but clearly any such rumours are generally regarded with suspicion if they are from a first time poster. However, I think both rumours are very credible.

Daniel Leadbitter is indeed a young Premiership Right Back (ticks box) who has been released by Newcastle and would therefore be a permanent addition as opposed to the other name suggested on here (James Tavernier) who is very much still part of their plans.

As for McPhee, he had an awful time here but we shouldn't forget that was in an awful team! He has built up a very good reputation in non league, has even played for the England 'C' team I believe and scored 17 goals for Kidderminster last season! He still lives in Newton Abbot and commutes for training/games and so clearly a move back to his local team would make sense. He is a free agent and so wouldn't cost us anything and would I believe be a very useful squad player as he can play in a number of positions. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he (McPhee) hasn't tried to engineer a move to us in the past, but clearly for whatever reason Paul Buckle didn't rate him - with a new Manager in place though that may well have all changed and Ling would have had chance to see him close up over the last couple of seasons while managing in the BSP.
Last edited by CP Gull on 28 Jun 2011, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teeboo100 »

i understand that what ive posted will be frowned apon however it is correct or i stand to be shot down in flames the right back is daniel leadbitter i also have 2 more that will sign but i will wait until they are confirmed to me or on os site
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

teeboo100 wrote:i understand that what ive posted will be frowned apon however it is correct or i stand to be shot down in flames the right back is daniel leadbitter i also have 2 more that will sign but i will wait until they are confirmed to me or on os site
Aw come on, spill the beans .... :scarf:
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

teeboo100 wrote:i understand that what ive posted will be frowned apon however it is correct or i stand to be shot down in flames the right back is daniel leadbitter i also have 2 more that will sign but i will wait until they are confirmed to me or on os site

yeah teeboo, share the wealth mate. any of us can announce it once it's on the OS !! ;-) :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

My initial reaction to Nanny McPhee was "Nooooooooo!!!"

On retrospect though, he has done alright since he left us, so I will reserve judgement. o:)

Now, just got to get the images of him:
i) tripping over the ball in front of me on the pop side :lol: and
ii) scoring against us at Wembley :red:

out of my head.

Welcome back Chris!

(N.B. transfer rumours may or may not be true)
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Where is Mcphee playing these days? Was a right back last time we came across him. Wouldn't want to sign him as a striker. Perhaps cover on the wing?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yeah spill the beans noob, what have you got to lose mate?? thats what forums are for, no one knows who you really are so just let it loose!!
still keeping the faith
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Whenever we came up against him after he left us, he was the best player on the pitch. He scored 17 goals for Kiddie last season, yet when he was playing for us he was stuck out wide (and did i imagine him playing RB at times?) His signing is not going to excite many (myself included), but he'll probably do a decent job. He's proven a more productive player than Danny Stevens over the years, and we've offered him a deal...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

scored 18 goals in 43 starts last season and is out of contract. Obviously much improved from his last stay with us but his good performances have been at BSP level. Wouldn't be totally against the idea of signing him again. Probably worth a punt and correct me if i'm wrong he's always lived south west of england despite his moves here there and everywhere in recent times.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

this looks like the other geezer??

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/Reserv ... 60,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

just been on their forum and Mcphee apparently said he'd re-sign for Harriers if he couldn't find a club 'closer to home'. It would make sense for him to come to Torquay, so this rumour may well have some substance.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

bixieupnorth wrote:this looks like the other geezer??

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Teams/Reserv ... 60,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
crikey - he looks about 12 !! makes Danny look like a grown up !! :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There