1st Match on Sky

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

1st Match on Sky

Post by Glostergull »

Sky have announcesd their first live match on Sky.
Wimbledon v Rovers. Typical ain't it. Although I for one will be interested in watching this one as It kicks of earlier. Now I wonder what Matches we might get as live on Sky and when and agains't Who. (No Ferrari. Not The Who or Dr Who. )
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Wimbledon's first game back in the league, no surprise at all.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

They showed us on TV for our first game in the conference, I wonder if they'll do the same thing for Rovers next season? :na:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

How many times are we going to see that bloody clip of Wimbledon beating Liverpool in the build up to Wimbledon v Rovers???
Also they will go on about the "Crazy Gang".
I am fully aware of the history of Wimbledon and how AFC Wimbledon came about, but when the club do a survey on their own fans and only 5% come from Merton and something like 82% come from the Kingston area, are they really the same team any more? One of our family friends use to be on the board for Kingstonians (he was the one who got Sills into the club before he went to Aldershort) and he said they lost most of their fan base to AFC Wimbledon, which put them in a lot of money trouble, hence selling the ground to AFC Wimbledon.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Kingstonian sold their ground long before AFC Wimbledon. It was sold to a dodgy bloke to clear their debts. This man then sold it to AFC Wimbledon.

Opinion is divided about AFC Wimbledon from the Ks. Most don't like another club owning 'their' ground, but they have to admit that it's a lot better situation than it now being a housing block, which was the only other option after they sold it. Having sold the ground, to be still playing at it rent free is probably as good as a bad situation is ever going to get.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats