Stevens off....NOT CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Ernie McGregor
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Stevens off....NOT CONFIRMED

Post by Ernie McGregor »

Danny Stevens has been spotted in north London talking to a Barnet representative, possible move away?

Personally would not lose any sleep if we lost him...
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

Most likely a rumour lost in translation: someone was probably spotted chatting to Danny's barnet. Easy mistake.....................
TUST member 203
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Fine by me, I've supported him in the past and I still think that with the right training and an end product, he could become a very good player for this league. He certainly has the dribbling ability. I'm not sure a move to Barnet would really help, unless he's getting much more first team football. Realistically, I think he needs to drop down a league.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Spotted by who?
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

cambgull wrote:Fine by me, I've supported him in the past and I still think that with the right training and an end product, he could become a very good player for this league. He certainly has the dribbling ability. I'm not sure a move to Barnet would really help, unless he's getting much more first team football. Realistically, I think he needs to drop down a league.
I have to agree with you, when we were BSP Danny was awesome, but since being in League 2 he gets pushed off the ball to easily for a midfield player. Also Buckle only ever seemed to bring him on for the last 10 minutes of the game, so it's not as if he was a "super" sub or anything. I will feel the same about Stevens leaving as I did about Sills....... you were great for the BSP and thank you for getting us out and you will always be in Torquay's history books, but now is the time to move on.
Ernie McGregor
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Ernie McGregor »

Spotted in hotel in Cheshunt where a friend of mine works.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Ernie McGregor wrote:Spotted in hotel in Cheshunt where a friend of mine works.
Not the 'strongest' of evidence than Ewan!

Would not be a big loss but if he does go I wish him all the best. Likelyhood is he will stay I would have thought.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

is your friend sure it wasn't just some little kid with his parents ?? 8/
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ernie McGregor wrote:Spotted in hotel in Cheshunt where a friend of mine works.
And your friend is able to identify a representative of Barnet FC, at range, by sight alone? They were together in the hotel, do we know the nature of the discussions, were there indeed any discussions, or is Danny in a hotel and speaking to a man in passing?

There's no legs in this, as the story stands, not to say it isn't true though.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

regiment wrote:is your friend sure it wasn't just some little kid with his parents ?? 8/
:rofl:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

regiment wrote:is your friend sure it wasn't just some little kid with his parents ?? 8/
Most little kids are far too tall.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

That is a cruel thread title.

It raised all sorts of false hopes for this correspondent.

Surely not even PB in his current magnanimous mood together with his new found financial backing is likely to be back for the hobbit . :S
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Stevens is ok as long as your not expecting him to play and be good for 46 League 2 games. Which i suppose in our case financially we probably can't afford to carry too many of those luxuries. However I feel some of the posts are a tad harsh, he came on in quite a few games over the last 2 seasons as well as playing a big part in the BSP years, scoring some goals, setting some goals up and hasn't upset the apple cart. He's done a reasonable job for the club and IF he moves on so be it, wish him luck. If he stays I'm happy with that also.

He probably is that bit too small to really impact this division for a whole season but we saw in certain games last year that he does have the technical ability to play in this league. I'm not sure how many of our players would have had the technique to score the goal of the season he scored against Stevenage. The only annoyance being he didn't score it at Old Trafford!!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Unfortunately, 1 flash of inspiration (regardless of how good it is) every dozen appearances just isn't good enough. With a budget and squad size such as ours, we can't afford to carry passengers. As i said elsewhere, if Halpin is half as good as has been suggested, i'd rather it was him coming off the bench next season. Which makes Danny somewhat surplus to requirements.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

He was one of those rough-edged players that Buckle brought in for the conference years. I think had he had a touch more physical presence, he would have been a real danger in this league too, but sadly he hasn't really had the impact of late that he used to have on BSP fullbacks. He used to surprise teams. If he goes I won't exactly be upset, providing we can find an adequate replacement. Otherwise it'll be like when Chris Hargreaves moved on and we had to make do with Tyrone Thompson.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele