According to one of the board...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

According to one of the board...

Post by jocktheknife »

There is to be another one of our players joining Buckle at Rovers soon.

Don't know which player i'm afraid, the conversation was between my old man and one of the directors.
....aka jmgull.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

please let it be danny :whistle:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Chris Zebroski.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Yep, my money would be on Zebs too.

One of the BRFC fans seemed very confident it would happen, over a week ago, and let's face it PB has aready signed him twice and it is closer to "home" for Zebs.

I just hope we get a reasonable fee for him, but not expecting too much as let's face it if we held out for too high a fee now then, with Zebs out of contract and able to go for free next summer he would be nailed on to do exactly that if PB is still in charge there then.

I know others have looked at a valuation for him in comparison with what we are supposed to have got for Elliot Benyon (£125k) who was similarly in the last year of his contract when we sold him BUT the big difference there was that as Elliot is still under 24 we would still have been entitled to a sizeable chunk of compensation when his contract ran out ... that is not the case with Zebs as he would go for FREE next summer.

With the likes of Bevan, Zebs, Stanley, Robinson and Tomlin taken out of the team that effectively led the charge to the play offs, the new man whoever he is will have quite a major rebuilding exercise to undertake over the coming weeks if we are to remain competitive next season that's for sure.
Last edited by CP Gull on 10 Jun 2011, 11:32, edited 2 times in total.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Ive heard quite a bit over the last few days from people that Rovers have made offers for Zebs. Last i knew that Buckle made a laughable bid and the club rejected that. Maybe he has come back in again?

Could be branston?

Why cant we just sign branno up, reject all bids and just keep us how we are!!!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Why have we/are we letting Paul Buckle walk all over us in this way??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Branno isn't strictly 'our' player anymore. He's a free agent, waiting for offers. Presumably it's Zebs, and it was only a matter of time i suppose. I wish Bucks would get it over with - take all the players he wants and goes away - because we seemingly have no intention of trying to stop him, and this drip-feeding of bad news in painful. Rip the sodding plaster off and lets move on.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Anything under £150,000 will be very disappointing, but I'll be surprised if it's more than that to be honest.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

NickGull wrote:Anything under £150,000 will be very disappointing, but I'll be surprised if it's more than that to be honest.
I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if it's any more than half that figure, tbh.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I bet if he does go it will be in the region of 30k :@
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

'He's only at Torquay because I brought him there - for less than £30k too. It's only fair you sell him on to me again for the same price'. 'Err, ok then. When would you like him delivered?'
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

it just seems so contradictory at times, one minute we're thinking we CAN'T sign anyone because the new manager will want to bring in his own players, and of course that's to be expected, but why then can't the little arrogant f**k (or anyone else for that matter) be told to naff off, at least until the new manager is in situ. Would any incoming manager really want to let Zebs go ???

here we go again.................. :@
Brady

I Wish I Was There
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Fonda wrote:'He's only at Torquay because I brought him there - for less than £30k too. It's only fair you sell him on to me again for the same price'. 'Err, ok then. When would you like him delivered?'
..... and don't forget the gift wrap ! Grrrrrrrr :@
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

regiment wrote:it just seems so contradictory at times, one minute we're thinking we CAN'T sign anyone because the new manager will want to bring in his own players, and of course that's to be expected, but why then can't the little arrogant f**k (or anyone else for that matter) be told to naff off, at least until the new manager is in situ. Would any incoming manager really want to let Zebs go ???

here we go again.................. :@
This is a very valid point. We're using the fact we don't have a manager as a reason for not discussing contracts with potential signings - but we are happy to listen (and presumably discuss) offers for our players...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

message to the board, the word you are looking for is "NO".

how many times do you have to burn yourself before you realise something is hot ?? FFS. :@

not only did we allow our manager to organise his new job when our season was far from over, because no one was capable or prepared to say "NO", and now we're losing players/potential signings for the same reason.

JUST SAY NO :no: :red:
Brady

I Wish I Was There