New manager poll

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Who is your choice of next manager?

Alex Russell
1%
Chris Hargreaves
4%
Nicky Forster
26%
Dean Holdsworth
1%
Ian McParland
No votes
John Hughes
37%
Lee Bullen
No votes
Forster + Hargreaves/Russell
20%
Hughes + Bullen
9%
Any other combination of the above (comment below!!)
2%

Total votes: 94

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

New manager poll

Post by Scott Brehaut »

A few of you have asked for a poll, so here it is!!

Based on the shortlist, who would be your preferred choice?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Hughes and Forster
The gulls are going up
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Hughes & Hargreaves as coach. But if Hughes wanted his own man as his number 2 (and fair enough if he did), then Hughes.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I wouldn't be unhappy with Forster or McParland but Hughes is head and shoulders the best candidate.
As for combining any two of them - it sounds like we'll be struggling to pay one manager's wages let alone two!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Craney TUFC11
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Craney TUFC11 »

My thoughts are that it is a very disappointing list, anyone agree?
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

You can't just throw two random names together! We shouldn't be forcing the new manager to work with an assistant/coach he's never met. He should be able to bring in his own backroom team who he trusts, finances permitting.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yr kiddin craney?? who do you think we are, bloody real madrid!!

its a great shortlist, no one on there who'd be a let down, and two or three really unexpected gems i reckon?
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Except Holdworth? Didn't he do a crap job at Mansfield?

Or am I wrong?
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

John Hughes. Did wonders at Falkirk, Hibs sold off his best players and expected miracles from him. Jim Jeffries regards him as the most determined character he's ever come across. If we give this bloke our support I think he could do wonders.
Craney TUFC11
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Craney TUFC11 »

having looked up Hughes his credentials are very good and having any scottish premier experience is a calibre of manager that we would all be more than happy with. but ask your self why would he want to manage torquay with all respect to our club, surely he could get a more than reasonable job in scotland. just personally would have liked to have seen managers with experience of the lower english leagues like some of the names quoted from the BSP and league two which would not have neccessarily cost any more than buckle originally did. but hughes has to get the job out of those surely?
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I still like Forster but from what some of you have said I'm warming to Hughes. Either one could be good.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Craney TUFC11 wrote:having looked up Hughes his credentials are very good and having any scottish premier experience is a calibre of manager that we would all be more than happy with. but ask your self why would he want to manage torquay with all respect to our club, surely he could get a more than reasonable job in scotland. just personally would have liked to have seen managers with experience of the lower english leagues like some of the names quoted from the BSP and league two which would not have neccessarily cost any more than buckle originally did. but hughes has to get the job out of those surely?
He already had one of the biggest jobs in Scotland (Old Firm aside). Perhaps we wants to challenge himself in England? He has probably been applying for jobs, but not been given the nod. That certainly appears the case with Bradford. You can't be too picky. There's a lot of very good unemployed managers and not enough jobs to go around. That's why I'm surprised Trollope is holding out for a League One job. Risky game.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I couldnt decide who to vote for between Hughes and Forster. I'd be very happy with either of them in all honesty as I think both would do very well for us. I went for Forster in the end though.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Hughes for me. That would be a real coup and would firmly kick Buckle in the face. He could bring a lot of Scottish talent in. Forster is mt 2nd pick. But Hughes 100%
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Hughes, but I feel that he would represent the most 'expensive' option, but from his C.V and past achievement's, he look's like an opportunity that shouldn't be missed. 2nd choice for me, definately Forster, 3rd Bullen.