guy branston latest

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

guy branston latest

Post by clemy1989 »

as promised i have heard a bit more on the branston issue. i told him about the possibility of a player/coach role and would he be interested his response.

Really . Wow . Am a player first . And if the club need me to help then I would . Better sort it out soon cause I have been tap up left right and bristol .

he wants to stay but as he told me before the club havent spoken to him and he fears they wont either
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

So confirms Bucks wants him then. He indicates his loyalties still lie with us - but not for long though. If we want him - better offer him something (Stanley too!).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

i don't have any contact with stanners im afraid.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

It will be an absolute travesty, one of our biggest cock ups since we let that **** Roberts buy the club, if we do not offer Branno a deal.

What on earth are we doing not offering to a player who is officially one of the two best CBs in the league, our player of the season, and one who has stated he is happy at the club and wants to stay? Madness.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I Don't suppose you have considered that maybe Mr Branston is happy here because he was on a high wage. I may only be speculating but if he came in on a high wage that posibly breaks our budget and we can't offer him the same or more as Rovers Can that may have an affect on the equation.
So many times in the past have we heard players so say pledge undying allegience to the club and then disapear in a puff of smoke. Don't forget there is no loyalty in football anymore.
I bet all of you in work who are earning a living wage if offered 2 grand a week by exeter. would you turn it down. I bet there would be very few, after all it's your own family you have to consider. I know I would have great dificulty turning it down but it wouldn't make me an exeter supporter. just well off. At least then I could afford a season ticket for me and my wife
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

If Pickle does leave (and I really hope he doesn't) then a certain Mr Wayne Thomas is available on a free :) http://www.givemefootball.com/player-pr ... yne-thomas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

PhilGull wrote:If Pickle does leave (and I really hope he doesn't) then a certain Mr Wayne Thomas is available on a free :) http://www.givemefootball.com/player-pr ... yne-thomas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He actually mentioned on his twitter that he hoped Torquay got promoted and Bucks would give him a contract! Probably joking. Rumours were he was on 10k a week at Southampton!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It will be an utter disgrace if we let Branston go. What on earth are the board playing at?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

hector wrote:It will be an utter disgrace if we let Branston go. What on earth are the board playing at?

Scrooge ? :|
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

hector wrote:It will be an utter disgrace if we let Branston go. What on earth are the board playing at?

Cutting expenditure to bring it under control?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Cutting expenditure to bring it under control?
It's a disgrace! :@ ;-)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I agree!

Why can't we just spunk a load of money on wages, have a couple of glory seasons in the championship and then go into administration, pay 0.5p in the pound on our debts and end up back where we started as a supporter owned club with a spanking new grandstand??

Seems to be all the rage at the moment and I'd hate to be the only Devon club not to rip off their creditors.......
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Or more likely with our luck spend a ridiculas amount of money on wages. Have a mediocre season and then go into administration. Throwing money around doesn't guarantee success as San Siro northampton and Plymuff have found out.
You never Know we could try for a new league. Blue square South
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

Its always encouraging when a touch of realism enters the debate!!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Is Branston on a wage beyond us? Who says he is? Why is re-signing our best player a move that may move us towards administartion. It's a nonsense.

Let's see which championship or League 1 club he was at before he came here that must have been paying him a fortune that for us to maintain places the whole future of TUFC in doubt? Oh, no, hang on. It was Burton Albion and before that Kettering Town in the conference. Hardly massive payers that we would have had to almost bankcrupt our club to compete with.

The reality is if we get back to the Bateson era of penny-pinching, then the penny-wise, pound-foolish outcome will be the same. If the club are basically saying that they cannot even be competitive with the rest of the division then we may as well pack up and go in the Conference South.