Dagenham & Redbridge v Torquay United Sat 27 March KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Dagenham & Redbridge v Torquay United Sat 27 March KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

United travel to Dagenham for a tough battle with a Home side which has won just 4 of their 14 home games scoring just 14 but only conceding 16.

This is just the sort of game were a scruffy 1 nil win would be great for the Yellows who should be more confident after back to back wins at Home without conceding.

The Daggers were very lucky to win at Plainmoor in December 1 nil and a win for United will be sweet revenge.

United looked much more balanced on Tuesday evening and Ryan Law looks to have the ability to secure the left back spot if Moxey is not fit to return

I am going for 1 nil United.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

With the Dover points deducted we are now 9 points behind Sutton on level games played. Hartlepool lose no points, we now have 3 games in hand on them and 5 points adrift.

With the season now reduced to 42 games there's only 14 left to overhaul Sutton.

We must win this game and our Easter double to stand any chance of catching Sutton. It's that important. No more slip ups. 3 points please lads.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Covolan, Wynter, Lemonheigh-Evans, Hall (c), Little, Andrews, Randell, Sherring, Boden, Law, Lewis.

SUBS: MacDonald, Moxey, Waters, Kimpioka, Umerah.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Anyone else got General Streamaccess error come up just as about to start ?
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

Dreadful game. Will the gilt edge chance that Connor spurned, be our one and only chance to get on The scoresheet.
Boden is no target man.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

poor performance in the first half
Boden is not the answer
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

I cannot believe people are slating Boden....

....that's my job. Although,I admit,I know f**k all about football.

Neither does Boden by the looks of it

Bring on the new fella, at least he might even try and look like a professional footballer.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

i have to say i was disappointed to see Boden go off, he was doing a lot of the nitty gritty stuff

Little has been woeful today and Umerah isnt good enough

Start the new lad and Boden together next game
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Sounds like another disappointing performance. Still hanging on to third but now 6 points behind Hartlepool (but with 3 games in hand) and 10 behind Sutton who look nailed on as champions. Notts County could still overtake us if they win 2 of their three games in hand. Is our season about to go out on a whimper?
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A game that could have gone either way. We had three penalty shouts which all looked completely blatant handballs.

We looked far more of a threat with the new striker and Umerah up front. Their keeper made an unbelievable save in the second half and we were denied an equalizer when Kimpiokas shot that was going in unluckily hit Umerah and bobbled wide at the end of injury time. Not a great performance on a bobbly pitch, but really deserved something out the game.

Frustrating. The new striker will score goals at this level - that looks a certainty and is better than anything else we have. If we can get Nemane, Whitfield and Cameron back anytime soon, that's going to make a hell of a difference.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 27 Mar 2021, 17:12 We looked far more of a threat with the new striker and Umerah up front.
Totally agree - will Johnson see it that way for the next match?

Disappointing result, nonetheless, would I have settled for third place in the league at this stage at the start of the season - absolutely - so no complaints from me. Looks like some of our class players are or are close to returning - so all looks good for the big push in the play-offs if automatic promotion becomes beyond our grasp. Have to give credit to Sutton.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Well a battling performance with some reasonably good build up play at times but that's not what you expect to say from a team in our position. We simply weren't good enough when it came to creating chances. Again , how many shots ? Without Whitfield and Nemane we just don't look dangerous. The new guy looks the business , shame it's too late to save our title bid, but if we don't watch it we will be under pressure to make the playoffs. Only 7 clear but we could easily be caught by the 4 behind us .
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

The Daggers keeper is earning rave reviews and it sounds like he was the difference between United winning and losing.

Benji sounds like just what we need. We must remain upbeat because anything can happen in Football as we all well know.

Woking on Good Friday is another big game.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes we would have won that easily with Whitfield and Nemane in the team.

Its far too early to start fretting yet. I'd be confident of beating Woking (who lost to Hereford in the Trophy today)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

You'd have to fancy Kimpioka up against Gerring. We simply must win that one .