Next Years Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Moore is more(sorry) important. But their deadlines to sign would appear to have expired, so do they really want to sign
Lucy
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

I agree Lucy. But Moore has more (sorry) of an excuse as he's in the States looking at options. Maybe negotiations are still going on with Dan ........ .?
TUST member 200 ;-)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Well we haven't (publically) withdrawn any offers, so presumably the offers are still on the table, although I hope we're also moving forwards on other targets as we can't wait forever. It's a tricky balancing act as we did set a deadline but you don't want to give anyone an ultimatum if we want to keep them and they are genuinely still considering their offers. It's nearly a week now since the deadline, which would suggest Nicholson is still hopeful on the remaining offers, at least enough to keep them on the table.

He was hoping for a few more deals this week, so hopefully we'll hear more in the next day or so.

The summer is so long this year that I think it can look deceptive. We've had nearly six weeks since the season ended, but it's still 2 months until the new season begins and about a month until pre-season begins. Last season we hadn't even appointed Paul Cox until 17th June - this year we already have 11 players under contract and should have another few added by the time we reach that date this year. I don't think there'll be more than a small tweak and a look at a few trialists in pre-season, unlike having to trial and sign an entire squad 12 months ago.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Also, I think I'm right in saying that players are under contract, and therefore paid, until the end of June so obviously they are in no hurry to sign a new contract whilst they or, more likely, their agents are looking to get the best deals they can. Nico puts a bit of pressure on, but he well knows the wheelin' and dealin' that goes on in june and July. You're right - he has made a very positive start but I expect there will be some hopeful triallists and one or two loanees, hopefully as good as Nathan Smith and Brendan Moore, to bolster the squad. I noticed that Moore has been released by Fleetwood by the way.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

tomogull wrote:Also, I think I'm right in saying that players are under contract, and therefore paid, until the end of June so obviously they are in no hurry to sign a new contract whilst they or, more likely, their agents are looking to get the best deals they can.
That only applies to Football league contracts I believe Tomo. National League contracts finished at the end of the season.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

In the last podcast on the Herald Express website they were not to positive about Butler returning. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Jerry wrote: That only applies to Football league contracts I believe Tomo. National League contracts finished at the end of the season.
I didn't realise that - thanks, Jerry. Hmmm ....... I wonder how that fits with Employment Law because it means that National League players do not receive any paid leave. :|
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

lucy6lucy wrote:Moore is more(sorry) important. But their deadlines to sign would appear to have expired, so do they really want to sign
If they do not really want to sign then they do not measure up to Nico's demand that we only have players who genuinely want to be here. So sod them. I trust Nico to get the right players for his squad.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Brendan Moore returns. On the OS but link not working!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Very pleased to see that Moore has signed.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

That is brilliant news
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

who was already contracted to us. it would be interesting to see who is now signed from the last seasons squad in addition to the two new members we have.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Moore joins Brett Williams, Damon Lathrope, Aman Verma, Nathan Blissett, Angus MacDonald, Luke Young, Ben Gerring, Sam Chaney, and Will Hancox in committing to the club after contract talks.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Glostergull wrote:who was already contracted to us. it would be interesting to see who is now signed from the last seasons squad in addition to the two new members we have.
Angus, Young, Chaney, Hancox and the young 'keeper from pre-Nicho if that's what you mean (by my reckoning anyway). Pre-season is going to look very different to twelve months ago!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I am trying to keep the below page up to date:

http://www.torquayfanstats.com/current-squad

Contract expiry is a bit of a mystery right now as we haven't announced the length of any of the deals, except for Gerring.

If you include Nicholson, Berry and Hancox we now have 12 in the squad.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats