Torquay United v Wrexham- (NOW Dec 5th)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

It still took 45 minutes after the decision was made for it to appear.
How can that be good enough??

Added in 2 seconds:
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

6667GULL wrote:It still took 45 minutes after the decision was made for it to appear.

Added in 2 seconds:

Their websites been down since 8am this morning.
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well this is shambolic beyond belief - run by a bunch of amateurs who couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. Our top scorer on the piss at two o'clock in the morning before a game. The whole thing is a disgrace.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

If the website had been down since 8am why didn't they tell me that when I rang up?
Need to shape up all round.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

brucie wrote: Our top scorer on the piss at two o'clock in the morning before a game. The whole thing is a disgrace.
Is that right?

If so, can't say I'm surprised.

The only good thing about today is that due to a change of location earlier this year, my journey from Paignton to Plainmoor was a lot better than if I'd driven down from Somerset.

I felt very sorry for the Wrexham fans in Boots at lunch time. We should have kept the game to the Tuesday night ;-)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Great research and work! Well done!"
forevertufc wrote:Over the past few weeks we had seen a general improvement in results and performances, that made me wonder whether the Basingstoke performance and result was a blip, everyone connected with the club asked for a reaction against Altrincham, we certainly saw that in the performance, which gleaned from the commentary and match reports was vastly improved, even if the team didn’t quite secure the desired result.

This Saturday our team host promotion hopefuls Wrexham FC. We face Wrexham for the second time this season, back in early August the Gulls travelled to Wrexham for our first away game of the season, which saw Wrexham gain what can only be described as a very comfortable 3.1 home win.

Wrexham were one of the most dominant teams in the opening month of the season, 5 wins from their first 6 games, a record only beaten by FGR in August saw Wrexham climb to 2nd place in the league table.
Since then Wrexham’s overall form has suffered somewhat, a recent run of 5 games without a win and only 2 wins in 12 games saw Wrexham slip back towards mid table, however, Wrexham have recovered some form with 2 straight wins, they now sit in 6th place on 31 points in touching distance from the top spot.

Kevin Wilkin accuses Wrexham over 'abysmal' treatment

Wrexham appear to have got themselves into a sticky situation with their former manager, who says;

"The fact that Wrexham chose to stop paying me when it's well documented they have gone out and got a new manager I felt was poor," said Wilkin.
"Dismissing me is one thing but the way I've been treated is pretty abysmal really.
"I made them a lot of money last year, probably £750,000.
"I've stayed silent on the situation, I've kept my dignity over the situation and to stop paying me all of a sudden over a bit of a grey area in my contract for me was poor."

Wrexham FC maintains;

"There were no 'grey areas' in the contract between the club and Kevin Wilkin.
"Kevin received advice from the League Managers Association (LMA) both before signing his contract at Wrexham AFC and after leaving the club. The LMA are experts in drafting contracts to protect their members.
"Kevin referenced additional income generated for the football club in season 2014/15. The figures mentioned are wholly inaccurate.
"Later this year we will hold the AGM of the football club which will show our income and expenditure for season 2014/15 and how that compares to the previous financial year. Wrexham AFC is a fully transparent company owned by the fans.
"We publish our full accounts at our AGM annually which we have done from day one of supporter ownership and our accounts for the previous financial year are currently undergoing the statutory audit."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34654100

Featured Wrexham player

Dominic Vose; Born 23rd November 1993, positon midfielder, Vose started his career as youth player with West Ham although he made no senior appearances for the Hammers, Vose did enjoy a 5 game loan spell at Braintree, released in December 2012, Dominic Vose signed for Tooting and Mitcham FC scoring 1 goal from 4 appearances, January 2013 saw Vose go on trial with Stoke City however the following month Vose signed a 1 year deal with Barnet.

Dominic Vose would make just 2 football league appearances for Barnet before his contract was cancelled by mutual consent in August 2013, he would have to wind the clock on to November of that year before signing a monthly contract with Colchester United after a successful trial, Vose would make 34 appearances for the U’s before leaving to find first team opportunities.

Dominic Vose had a short but successful 16 game spell with Welling netting 5 goals before signing at Wrexham in May; Vose seems to have found his feet at Wrexham, netting 7 goals from 17 appearances to date. I seem to remember Vose ripping our team to bits in the match at their ground in August, could be one to watch this Saturday.

Wrexham top goalscorers and season stats

Connor Jennings 8
Dominic Vose 7
Wes York 6
James Gray 5
Sean Newton 3
Rob Evans 1
Blaine Hudson 1
Joe Quigley 1
Emmanuele Smith 1
Adam Smith 1
Javan Vidal 1

HOME / AWAY ADVANTAGE
% Points 64% 36%
% Goals scored 62% 38%
% Goals conceded 44% 56%

Current form

Wrexham; L-D-L-D-W-W

(league form only)

3 Oct Chester 3 - 2 Wrexham
6 Oct Wrexham 2 - 2 Tranmere
10 Oct Dover Athlet. 2 - 1 Wrexham
14 Oct Wrexham 3 - 3 Guiseley
17 Oct Woking 0 - 1 Wrexham
31 Oct Wrexham 4 – 1 Barrow

Last time out

Wrexham 4 – 1 Barrow

30 R Taylor
02 Vidal (Hudson - 67' )
04 Smith
15 Evans (Gray - 46' )
03 Newton
06 Fyfield
12 Carrington Booked
23 Nolan
16 York (Jackson - 95' )
10 Jennings
08 Vose

Substitutes
05 Hudson
09 Gray
14 Jackson
18 White
22 Royle

Wrexham manager Gary Mills told BBC Radio Wales:

"I've missed going to thump the air in front of fans. It felt good, but we've taken seven [points] from the last nine - don't forget that, it's not just about today.
"We had the slip up last week, which might have taken the icing off that a little bit.
"I thought they were decent, Barrow. They started the game really well.
"We had to show a lot of desire to stick with that, but in the end I thought we deserved it."

From a Torquay United point of view

Tyrone Marsh will no doubt serve a three match suspension now, I do not see any grounds for an appeal, in today’s football you just cannot lay your hands another player regardless of whether he’s your team mate or not, whether it was just a push or more than, it does come under violent conduct, yes the referee can use his common sense, however at this level you have a lot young referees wanting to make it to the highest level just like the players, they will referee to the letter, referees at this level do not want to be marked down, players must know this, don’t give the referee a decision to make is the best way around things.

So we may see a full home debut for French on loan striker Achille Campion.

Dan Lavercombe came in for Fabian Spiess, he didn’t have a lot do in the Altrincham game, that shouldn’t be taken as criticism by the precious little sweeties out there, however, by all accounts when he was called into action he coped well, so I see no reason why he will not keep his place and get a run in the side, fair play to the lad.

I think both the Berry/Hurst and Nicholson/Butler combinations work well, shame those combinations were broken for the Basingstoke cup game, but restored against Altrincham once again it appeared to work well on both sides.

When it comes to our form in general there can be no skirting around the issue, at the start of the season I talked about the team turning good 20-30-minute in game spells of pressure into 50-60 minutes, think we’ve seen that in a number of games since Kevin Nicholson took over, and that’s a great credit to him and all the players.

However, we’re still not seeing the team convert defeats into draws and draws into wins, since KN took over we’ve seen 1 win in 7 games, overall 1 win from our last 16 league games, some tough decisions have to made and now, we're approaching the all important Christmas fixtures and time is running out, we can't keep talking about another improvement followed by a harsh defeat we can't talk anymore about improvement followed by a glorious draw, our team has to start winning games now, if some these players are not capable of that, then Nicholson needs some support to get them out and replaced with as good a player as we can afford, a little extra needs to be found, I believe just a few hundred quid stood between us a loan striker with a real track record in this division a just few weeks ago, time for the talking to stop, and some doing, done.

Torquay United top goalscorers and season stats

James Hurst 7
Alex Fisher 5
Tyrone Marsh 5
Dan Butler 1
Josh Carmichael 1
Exodus Geohaghon 1
Angus MacDonald 1
Courtney Richards

HOME / AWAY ADVANTAGE Home Away
% Points 33% 67%
% Goals scored 39% 61%
% Goals conceded 54% 46%

Current form

(league form only)

Torquay United; L-L-W-D-D-D

3 Oct Torquay Utd 0 - 2 Aldershot To.
6 Oct Torquay Utd 2 - 3 Dover Athlet.
10 Oct Southport 0 - 1 Torquay Utd
13 Oct Woking 2 - 2 Torquay Utd
17 Oct Torquay Utd 1 - 1 Grimsby
31Oct Altrincham 1 - 1 Torquay Utd

Last time out

Altrincham 1 - 1 Torquay Utd

21 Lavercombe
16 Richards
29 Berry Booked
18 Smith
02 Hurst Booked (Briscoe - 87' )
10 Marsh Dismissed
03 Butler
26 Heslop (Murombedzi - 46' )
24 Nicholson
17 Fisher (Campion - 66' )
05 MacDonald Booked

Substitutes
01 Spiess
07 Briscoe
11 Murombedzi
23 Hancox
27 Campion

Player-manager on draw at Altrincham

“We showed a bit of everything out there,” he said. “The first half we were very, very good and the next step now is for us to be able to kill teams off in this situation.

“Altrincham didn’t know what had hit them early on, to be fair; we were defensively solid and played some good stuff, but we weren’t clinical enough.

“Our hosts came at us a bit more after the break, as we expected them to, but even then they didn’t really create anything and it took a worldly strike to bring them level.

“There was a bit of indiscipline; for me it was two team-mates showing that they care by having a go at each other. It was harsh, but the referee has followed the letter of the Law.

“The fact is you can’t give referees any reason to send you off. I’ll let the dust settle and think about the situation before deciding what to do next.

“It was disappointing because Tyrone had been excellent for us up to that point.

“That said, it was a good reaction overall to last weekend. We had great backing from the travelling fans and now we move on to our home game next weekend.”

Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... XEkKZPK.99

Head to Head meetings

English Division Four (old)

24.10.1964 Torquay United 3-4 Wrexham
28.04.1965 Wrexham 2-3 Torquay United
12.02.1966 Torquay United 3-1 Wrexham
05.03.1966 Wrexham 0-2 Torquay United

English Division Three (old)

29.08.1970 Wrexham 1-0 Torquay United
02.04.1971 Torquay United 1-2 Wrexham
09.10.1971 Torquay United 2-3 Wrexham
11.03.1972 Wrexham 1-2 Torquay United

29.10.1983 Wrexham 2-2 Torquay United
18.02.1984 Torquay United 1-0 Wrexham
06.10.1984 Torquay United 4-3 Wrexham
23.03.1985 Wrexham 2-0 Torquay United
23.11.1985 Torquay United 1-3 Wrexham
19.04.1986 Wrexham 3-2 Torquay United
06.09.1986 Torquay United 2-1 Wrexham
24.01.1987 Wrexham 2-1 Torquay United
15.08.1987 Torquay United 6-1 Wrexham
20.02.1988 Wrexham 2-3 Torquay United
04.04.1989 Torquay United 0-0 Wrexham
09.05.1989 Wrexham 1-0 Torquay United
31.10.1989 Wrexham 1-1 Torquay United
10.04.1990 Torquay United 0-1 Wrexham
16.10.1990 Torquay United 1-0 Wrexham
27.04.1991 Wrexham 2-1 Torquay United

English Division Three

15.09.1992 Torquay United 1-1 Wrexham
09.01.1993 Wrexham 4-2 Torquay United
31.08.2002 Torquay United 2-1 Wrexham
18.01.2003 Wrexham 2-1 Torquay United

English League One

23.11.2004 Torquay United 1-0 Wrexham
12.02.2005 Wrexham 1-1 Torquay United

English League Two

15.10.2005 Wrexham 4-2 Torquay United
22.04.2006 Torquay United 1-0 Wrexham
05.12.2006 Torquay United 1-1 Wrexham
21.04.2007 Wrexham 1-0 Torquay United

English Conference Premier

27.09.2008 Wrexham 1-1 Torquay United
16.01.2009 Torquay United 1-1 Wrexham

English Conference

04.10.2014 Torquay United 2-1 Wrexham
31.01.2015 Wrexham 0-0 Torquay United

English National League

11.08.2015 Wrexham 3-1 Torquay United (last meeting)
Added in 3 seconds:
Great research and work! Well done!"
forevertufc wrote:Over the past few weeks we had seen a general improvement in results and performances, that made me wonder whether the Basingstoke performance and result was a blip, everyone connected with the club asked for a reaction against Altrincham, we certainly saw that in the performance, which gleaned from the commentary and match reports was vastly improved, even if the team didn’t quite secure the desired result.

This Saturday our team host promotion hopefuls Wrexham FC. We face Wrexham for the second time this season, back in early August the Gulls travelled to Wrexham for our first away game of the season, which saw Wrexham gain what can only be described as a very comfortable 3.1 home win.

Wrexham were one of the most dominant teams in the opening month of the season, 5 wins from their first 6 games, a record only beaten by FGR in August saw Wrexham climb to 2nd place in the league table.
Since then Wrexham’s overall form has suffered somewhat, a recent run of 5 games without a win and only 2 wins in 12 games saw Wrexham slip back towards mid table, however, Wrexham have recovered some form with 2 straight wins, they now sit in 6th place on 31 points in touching distance from the top spot.

Kevin Wilkin accuses Wrexham over 'abysmal' treatment

Wrexham appear to have got themselves into a sticky situation with their former manager, who says;

"The fact that Wrexham chose to stop paying me when it's well documented they have gone out and got a new manager I felt was poor," said Wilkin.
"Dismissing me is one thing but the way I've been treated is pretty abysmal really.
"I made them a lot of money last year, probably £750,000.
"I've stayed silent on the situation, I've kept my dignity over the situation and to stop paying me all of a sudden over a bit of a grey area in my contract for me was poor."

Wrexham FC maintains;

"There were no 'grey areas' in the contract between the club and Kevin Wilkin.
"Kevin received advice from the League Managers Association (LMA) both before signing his contract at Wrexham AFC and after leaving the club. The LMA are experts in drafting contracts to protect their members.
"Kevin referenced additional income generated for the football club in season 2014/15. The figures mentioned are wholly inaccurate.
"Later this year we will hold the AGM of the football club which will show our income and expenditure for season 2014/15 and how that compares to the previous financial year. Wrexham AFC is a fully transparent company owned by the fans.
"We publish our full accounts at our AGM annually which we have done from day one of supporter ownership and our accounts for the previous financial year are currently undergoing the statutory audit."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34654100

Featured Wrexham player

Dominic Vose; Born 23rd November 1993, positon midfielder, Vose started his career as youth player with West Ham although he made no senior appearances for the Hammers, Vose did enjoy a 5 game loan spell at Braintree, released in December 2012, Dominic Vose signed for Tooting and Mitcham FC scoring 1 goal from 4 appearances, January 2013 saw Vose go on trial with Stoke City however the following month Vose signed a 1 year deal with Barnet.

Dominic Vose would make just 2 football league appearances for Barnet before his contract was cancelled by mutual consent in August 2013, he would have to wind the clock on to November of that year before signing a monthly contract with Colchester United after a successful trial, Vose would make 34 appearances for the U’s before leaving to find first team opportunities.

Dominic Vose had a short but successful 16 game spell with Welling netting 5 goals before signing at Wrexham in May; Vose seems to have found his feet at Wrexham, netting 7 goals from 17 appearances to date. I seem to remember Vose ripping our team to bits in the match at their ground in August, could be one to watch this Saturday.

Wrexham top goalscorers and season stats

Connor Jennings 8
Dominic Vose 7
Wes York 6
James Gray 5
Sean Newton 3
Rob Evans 1
Blaine Hudson 1
Joe Quigley 1
Emmanuele Smith 1
Adam Smith 1
Javan Vidal 1

HOME / AWAY ADVANTAGE
% Points 64% 36%
% Goals scored 62% 38%
% Goals conceded 44% 56%

Current form

Wrexham; L-D-L-D-W-W

(league form only)

3 Oct Chester 3 - 2 Wrexham
6 Oct Wrexham 2 - 2 Tranmere
10 Oct Dover Athlet. 2 - 1 Wrexham
14 Oct Wrexham 3 - 3 Guiseley
17 Oct Woking 0 - 1 Wrexham
31 Oct Wrexham 4 – 1 Barrow

Last time out

Wrexham 4 – 1 Barrow

30 R Taylor
02 Vidal (Hudson - 67' )
04 Smith
15 Evans (Gray - 46' )
03 Newton
06 Fyfield
12 Carrington Booked
23 Nolan
16 York (Jackson - 95' )
10 Jennings
08 Vose

Substitutes
05 Hudson
09 Gray
14 Jackson
18 White
22 Royle

Wrexham manager Gary Mills told BBC Radio Wales:

"I've missed going to thump the air in front of fans. It felt good, but we've taken seven [points] from the last nine - don't forget that, it's not just about today.
"We had the slip up last week, which might have taken the icing off that a little bit.
"I thought they were decent, Barrow. They started the game really well.
"We had to show a lot of desire to stick with that, but in the end I thought we deserved it."

From a Torquay United point of view

Tyrone Marsh will no doubt serve a three match suspension now, I do not see any grounds for an appeal, in today’s football you just cannot lay your hands another player regardless of whether he’s your team mate or not, whether it was just a push or more than, it does come under violent conduct, yes the referee can use his common sense, however at this level you have a lot young referees wanting to make it to the highest level just like the players, they will referee to the letter, referees at this level do not want to be marked down, players must know this, don’t give the referee a decision to make is the best way around things.

So we may see a full home debut for French on loan striker Achille Campion.

Dan Lavercombe came in for Fabian Spiess, he didn’t have a lot do in the Altrincham game, that shouldn’t be taken as criticism by the precious little sweeties out there, however, by all accounts when he was called into action he coped well, so I see no reason why he will not keep his place and get a run in the side, fair play to the lad.

I think both the Berry/Hurst and Nicholson/Butler combinations work well, shame those combinations were broken for the Basingstoke cup game, but restored against Altrincham once again it appeared to work well on both sides.

When it comes to our form in general there can be no skirting around the issue, at the start of the season I talked about the team turning good 20-30-minute in game spells of pressure into 50-60 minutes, think we’ve seen that in a number of games since Kevin Nicholson took over, and that’s a great credit to him and all the players.

However, we’re still not seeing the team convert defeats into draws and draws into wins, since KN took over we’ve seen 1 win in 7 games, overall 1 win from our last 16 league games, some tough decisions have to made and now, we're approaching the all important Christmas fixtures and time is running out, we can't keep talking about another improvement followed by a harsh defeat we can't talk anymore about improvement followed by a glorious draw, our team has to start winning games now, if some these players are not capable of that, then Nicholson needs some support to get them out and replaced with as good a player as we can afford, a little extra needs to be found, I believe just a few hundred quid stood between us a loan striker with a real track record in this division a just few weeks ago, time for the talking to stop, and some doing, done.

Torquay United top goalscorers and season stats

James Hurst 7
Alex Fisher 5
Tyrone Marsh 5
Dan Butler 1
Josh Carmichael 1
Exodus Geohaghon 1
Angus MacDonald 1
Courtney Richards

HOME / AWAY ADVANTAGE Home Away
% Points 33% 67%
% Goals scored 39% 61%
% Goals conceded 54% 46%

Current form

(league form only)

Torquay United; L-L-W-D-D-D

3 Oct Torquay Utd 0 - 2 Aldershot To.
6 Oct Torquay Utd 2 - 3 Dover Athlet.
10 Oct Southport 0 - 1 Torquay Utd
13 Oct Woking 2 - 2 Torquay Utd
17 Oct Torquay Utd 1 - 1 Grimsby
31Oct Altrincham 1 - 1 Torquay Utd

Last time out

Altrincham 1 - 1 Torquay Utd

21 Lavercombe
16 Richards
29 Berry Booked
18 Smith
02 Hurst Booked (Briscoe - 87' )
10 Marsh Dismissed
03 Butler
26 Heslop (Murombedzi - 46' )
24 Nicholson
17 Fisher (Campion - 66' )
05 MacDonald Booked

Substitutes
01 Spiess
07 Briscoe
11 Murombedzi
23 Hancox
27 Campion

Player-manager on draw at Altrincham

“We showed a bit of everything out there,” he said. “The first half we were very, very good and the next step now is for us to be able to kill teams off in this situation.

“Altrincham didn’t know what had hit them early on, to be fair; we were defensively solid and played some good stuff, but we weren’t clinical enough.

“Our hosts came at us a bit more after the break, as we expected them to, but even then they didn’t really create anything and it took a worldly strike to bring them level.

“There was a bit of indiscipline; for me it was two team-mates showing that they care by having a go at each other. It was harsh, but the referee has followed the letter of the Law.

“The fact is you can’t give referees any reason to send you off. I’ll let the dust settle and think about the situation before deciding what to do next.

“It was disappointing because Tyrone had been excellent for us up to that point.

“That said, it was a good reaction overall to last weekend. We had great backing from the travelling fans and now we move on to our home game next weekend.”

Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... XEkKZPK.99

Head to Head meetings

24.10.1964 Torquay United 3-4 Wrexham
28.04.1965 Wrexham 2-3 Torquay United
12.02.1966 Torquay United 3-1 Wrexham
05.03.1966 Wrexham 0-2 Torquay United

English Division Three (old)

29.08.1970 Wrexham 1-0 Torquay United
02.04.1971 Torquay United 1-2 Wrexham
09.10.1971 Torquay United 2-3 Wrexham
11.03.1972 Wrexham 1-2 Torquay United

29.10.1983 Wrexham 2-2 Torquay United
18.02.1984 Torquay United 1-0 Wrexham
06.10.1984 Torquay United 4-3 Wrexham
23.03.1985 Wrexham 2-0 Torquay United
23.11.1985 Torquay United 1-3 Wrexham
19.04.1986 Wrexham 3-2 Torquay United
06.09.1986 Torquay United 2-1 Wrexham
24.01.1987 Wrexham 2-1 Torquay United
15.08.1987 Torquay United 6-1 Wrexham
20.02.1988 Wrexham 2-3 Torquay United
04.04.1989 Torquay United 0-0 Wrexham
09.05.1989 Wrexham 1-0 Torquay United
31.10.1989 Wrexham 1-1 Torquay United
10.04.1990 Torquay United 0-1 Wrexham
16.10.1990 Torquay United 1-0 Wrexham
27.04.1991 Wrexham 2-1 Torquay United

English Division Three

15.09.1992 Torquay United 1-1 Wrexham
09.01.1993 Wrexham 4-2 Torquay United
31.08.2002 Torquay United 2-1 Wrexham
18.01.2003 Wrexham 2-1 Torquay United

English League One

23.11.2004 Torquay United 1-0 Wrexham
12.02.2005 Wrexham 1-1 Torquay United

English League Two

15.10.2005 Wrexham 4-2 Torquay United
22.04.2006 Torquay United 1-0 Wrexham
05.12.2006 Torquay United 1-1 Wrexham
21.04.2007 Wrexham 1-0 Torquay United

English Conference Premier

27.09.2008 Wrexham 1-1 Torquay United
16.01.2009 Torquay United 1-1 Wrexham

English Conference

04.10.2014 Torquay United 2-1 Wrexham
31.01.2015 Wrexham 0-0 Torquay United

English National League

11.08.2015 Wrexham 3-1 Torquay United (last meeting)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

BBC sport are way ahead of the OS. Apparently match is re-re-arranged for Saturday 5th December.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34686690
Lucy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

It doesnt matter a jot to me. I wont be coming down. I lost a fair bit of money coming down today even allowing for Paul bringing me from Weston. I still had to get from Gloucester to Weston. with the cost of rail travel and my being on benefit i only get just less than £80 a week despite me getting off my bum to go to college. I cannot afford to lose that sort of money coming down when matches are then called off with no warning whatsoever. There was nothing on the web site to indicate last night that the pitch may be at risk of water logging. Nothing on the OS this morning to say there was anything amiss. the attitude from the staff in the reception was less than amusing given the distance i had travelled and it seems as if we are taken for granted yet again. I will have to only pick the few games that are no risk from any sort of inclement weather which will mean United will lose out. sorry guys. but most of you get a decent pay packet. when you decide to sit down with the fans who dont get anything like a decent wage and listen to our conerns then maybe we might put a little more effort into supporting you. But at the moment I feel your attitude is one of.. welll its only another day. they will come at another time..no we may not.! because we cant afford to.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

That could be interesting..........are we not at home to Welling on Saturday 5th December?

"BBC sport are way ahead of the OS. Apparently match is re-arranged for Saturday 5th December."
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Welling won in the Cup today. I presume we are talking of the second round Saturday?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

PaulR wrote:That could be interesting..........are we not at home to Welling on Saturday 5th December?

"BBC sport are way ahead of the OS. Apparently match is re-arranged for Saturday 5th December."
Welling won today in the FA Cup so will be in the 2nd round on that date.
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

Ah...thank you!
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote: Our top scorer on the piss at two o'clock in the morning before a game. The whole thing is a disgrace.
Marsh suspended and maybe Hurst unavailable due to injury.

Non story,nothing to see here.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Went down to the ground more in hope, the game would be on, Totally astounded the referee has called the game off. Went up into the gulls nest the pitch looked 98% fine, I watched a Wrexham player kick the ball across the centre circle the ball ran fine, it was just on area on the flank down by the scoreboard but as pointed out above blue skies rain gone, by 3 pm it would have been ok.

It was a bad decision to keep everyone waiting but money must have been the issue and the Ref gave the club every chance but the pitch would have been ruined if the game went ahead it was not fit to play I had a look at 2.00pm
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Glostergull - you are dead right, its precisely why I didn't travel today. I had a free Saturday as my sons weren't playing, but with the bad weather I just gave it a miss as its impossible to get any accurate information by phoning Plainmoor these days.
Its not always easy to please everyone when you get late postponements like this but the message from the guy who left Taunton having phoned the club only to be informed that there was no planned pitch inspection is quite frankly ridiculous.
Given that the weather actually improved late morning just actually makes the whole thing worse.
Then you get Steve Breed throwing his toys out of the pram because he cannot accept quite valid points about the postponement - the end result is that less and less people will turn up.