Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Oooh, Nick. You have surprised me with your mega-rant...has it cleansed you? :O

This morning I am a teeny bit grumpy (unusually) following my trip to Morrisons. I don't wish to appear ageist, I am friends with lots of old people (SG, Forever...) but by Jaysus, don't they bloody go on sometimes. I wish they could appreciate the fact that they are on bonus time rather than make everyone's life around them a misery by harping on about every aspect of the entire universe in a negative way. And they always make a bee line for me - whingy oldies and nutters. Is it because I'm too polite to tell them to sod off?

And men in pubs. Not all men in pubs, obviously, but the ones who get stressy if I serve their pint in the 'wrong' glass. For goodness sake, does it taste different? And they always wait to be served before turning to their mates to see what they want to drink...why not be ready with the order so that when I'm really busy, I haven't got to stand with a fixed smile waiting to see if their bezzie wants their usual, or maybe try a Malibu and pineapple as a change, in a straight pint glass with no writing on it. Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Going for a LemSip and a lie down. When will there be a game on again? :(
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Inexperienced barmaids.............................who needs 'em :rofl:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

westbaygull wrote:Oooh, Nick. You have surprised me with your mega-rant...has it cleansed you? :O

This morning I am a teeny bit grumpy (unusually) following my trip to Morrisons. I don't wish to appear ageist, I am friends with lots of old people (SG, Forever...) but by Jaysus, don't they bloody go on sometimes. I wish they could appreciate the fact that they are on bonus time rather than make everyone's life around them a misery by harping on about every aspect of the entire universe in a negative way. And they always make a bee line for me - whingy oldies and nutters. Is it because I'm too polite to tell them to sod off?

And men in pubs. Not all men in pubs, obviously, but the ones who get stressy if I serve their pint in the 'wrong' glass. For goodness sake, does it taste different? And they always wait to be served before turning to their mates to see what they want to drink...why not be ready with the order so that when I'm really busy, I haven't got to stand with a fixed smile waiting to see if their bezzie wants their usual, or maybe try a Malibu and pineapple as a change, in a straight pint glass with no writing on it. Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Going for a LemSip and a lie down. When will there be a game on again? :(
Jane - do they not do OAP shopping days over there for people like you ?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

westbaygull wrote:Oooh, Nick. You have surprised me with your mega-rant...has it cleansed you? :O
Haha, I shouldn't let it bottle up like that, you see, but yes, I do feel better! :-o
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Rant :

Some messages get through and some don t. When a shipface gets a direct advisement that doubles up as a first and final warning, why then do they choose to ignore it ?

The sooner that yellow sad b*stard realises that no matter how clever clever is, clever s never smart (or wise), then the sooner the affliction can be terminated. Oops, treated and cured with compassion.

A sick rabid dog runs in to bite the children of TorquayFans.Com and you do what ? You are not the one with the gun.

Muttface is shot dead, that is to say treated and cured with compassion.

The sole object of Signals is open communication. The signaller flaps in the wind and the response from the next station is flagged. It s not the lost in translation that s the problem, it s more a problem of transportation. That is to say an on line Signal station is out of action. The signaller in the next station back moves forward one to inspect the problem.

On arrival the situation is clear : the flaggers are on the flagon, the floggers on the flog and you re buying every word of it.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

scottbrehaut wrote: Jane - do they not do shopping days over there for young, gorgeous, vibrant people like you ?
Corrected.... ;-)
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

I've got a cold (manflu to many of you) and my cooker has just blown up :(
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

:win:
happytorq wrote: Doesn't really narrow it down a whole amount, dude..
What do you mean by this? Ex-pats? (me) Or Brits on Holiday abroad?
Yeah, this annoys me, as does bad spelling, for example of the word "apostrophe" ;-)
No, "idiots" doesn't narrow it down a great deal, but I know what I mean, so that's ok.
Brits abroad, fat idiots who think the best way to translate the phrase "3 pints of bland, hideous lager and a cheeseburger" into Spanish is to speak it, then shout it, then continue to shout it.
My excuse for the poor spelling is the same as that for the abrupt ending, lunch was ready, no time for spell check.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Ok, time to rant about WOMEN DRIVERS!

In particular, my wife, who - after watching me shovel 2 feet of snow out of our drive for 3 hours on monday - seemed incapable of reversing in a straight line. When I point out that she is heading towards the 4 and a half feet of snow that I've piled up I got the classic "I know what I'm doing" line.

Long story short, in we went, and I had to shovel for another hour so we could get the car out, and I was late for work.

Fortunately, darling wifey thought it was hilarious. At least, until I told her she was going to shovel after the next snowstorm.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

happytorq wrote:Ok, time to rant about WOMEN DRIVERS!
Admin, strike this comment!!!!

Haps, I'm sorry, but your rant did make me laugh. I had a vision of you being apoplectic whilst Mrs Haps was reaching for a Tena. Comedy gold.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

westbaygull wrote: Admin, strike this comment!!!!

Haps, I'm sorry, but your rant did make me laugh. I had a vision of you being apoplectic whilst Mrs Haps was reaching for a Tena. Comedy gold.

women drivers uhmm.

mrs SNW thinks that her car only has 3 forward gears and not 5....... :( :lol:

i must say that women drivers seem to drive in the middle lane of a motorway when you can see that the inside lane is clear for 5 miles, but thats all im saying......

oh i forgot eldery women drivers - with the cleanest cars on the road as they only get them out of the garage once a month on a dry day.

now they are fun to follow........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
women drivers uhmm.

mrs SNW thinks that her car only has 3 forward gears and not 5....... :( :lol:

i must say that women drivers seem to drive in the middle lane of a motorway when you can see that the inside lane is clear for 5 miles, but thats all im saying......

oh i forgot eldery women drivers - with the cleanest cars on the road as they only get them out of the garage once a month on a dry day.

now they are fun to follow........
Actually Mrs Beard is the best woman driver I know, she drives confidently :bow: (I think men are more confident than women on the road) while not taking the risks many men take :red: :goal: (Yep, thats our downfall fellas) but on the whole it makes the old blood boil that women are seen as better drivers than men :( .
If the coven that I work with are a good cross section then women are on the whole awful drivers :( . One has ran into the back of me in the school car park :O , about half (I'm not exaggerating) cant park in between two thick painted white lines :lol: , about two thirds of them (and no, I'm still not exaggerating) wont drive on the motorways " because everyone drives too fast!" :rofl: and about three quarters of them weren't confident enough to drive to work in the recent snow!! :rofl: :rofl:
We aren't talking about new young drivers here, they are aged from mid 20s to 60s, some have been driving for the best part of 40 years.
Gercha :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

This thread has slipped down the pecking order. :evil:

Now it's back up top where it belongs. :)

There'll be a rant on here soon about racism and political correctness. :(

Let me limber up first. :ball1:

I'll be back. :engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Too slow Trojan, I'm in! :mrgreen:
Racism. :red: Whats that all about then? Disliking (even hatred) someone because they have a different ethnic background, something the individual has absolutely no control over.
Not that that should make a blind bit of difference anyway BUT (and it's a MASSIVE) but

I also totally disagree with POSITIVE DISCRIMINATION. Mrs Beard works at a local college, and they have been told that on all promotional material if there are any pictures they MUST have an ethnic minority face on it, irrespective of how many faces are on the pictures. As only about 1 in 12 people are ethnic minority background, it should stand to reason that this should be the proportion in which they appear. (Its actually probably a bit less than 1 in 12 up here as places like London/Birmingham etc have a larger proportion). It also happens in the job market as well (the NHS has quotas to fill, a friend of mine works at the local hospital in a support role and has said when there is a vacancy there is always a balance kept, roughly 50/50).

This should also be the case on TV (it was the death of 'The Bill', a program I used to love but which became so PC Im sure it seemed to have more black and Asian police characters in it than there really is in the Met.!) It was the same with 'gay' characters too-every other storyline/new character was a homosexual. Again nothing agains't them (got a couple of workmates who are so inclined), but 40%-50% of the population are not gay so lets give it a rest. There is an openly camp gay contestant every day on 'The Weakest Link' now. :rofl: I'm sorry, but the proportion isn't 1 in 9, so how about a little balance? :|

Add to this the fact that if you enter an airport building, bank or shop you are, by law, expected to remove anything that covers you face (crash helmet, scarf over face) with one exception-and there is no prize for guessing who is exempt! :@

So there we have it, Political Correctness. Why do we put up with this crap? :evil: :evil: :evil:

GERRRRRCCCCCHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA....................................
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Damn spam threads that have appeared the crafty devils. :red:
Also the in-laws. :evil: