Hungerford Town v Torquay United 15/9/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

forevertufc wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 14:35 Banter between fans and players, long been part of the game, part of good footballing education for the young player, I mean just imagine if the young Hungerford keeper (who can't be much younger than Alex Bass) makes it big in the game, no where to hide when your playing in front of 25,000 fans.
I’m sure I read somewhere the lad is on loan from Reading and is only 17!? He certainly looked it as well!! I think he is the younger brother of Andresson who we had on loan for a bit last season.

Getting heckled by opposition fans is part of the game, builds character!!
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

The keeper definitely held his nerve - pulled off some outstanding saves and looked assured all game, bossing his more experienced defenders throughout. I suspect GJ made a note of his name for the future and whilst I have sympathy for the view that the stick was unnecessary ultimately it is character building and a good early sign as to whether a guy has the nerves of steel to really succeed as a keeper.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Could someone tell meif we played 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 as for Andrews to be dictating play thought it could be 4-3-3. :keepie:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

arcadia wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 10:37 Great result

I watched Truro yesterday play Hampton & Richmond Truro battered them for 30 minutes then Hampton scored two on the break just as they did against us and took the points. It seems they soak up the pressure and break in numbers, there was always three or four players in the box when the ball was put in there.
I see the 'gate' for the Truro game was 165. I really hope they survive this season but with gates like that, it's going to be tough ask. I bet that most of the 165 were Gulls fans.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

tomogull wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 00:11 I see the 'gate' for the Truro game was 165. I really hope they survive this season but with gates like that, it's going to be tough ask. I bet that most of the 165 were Gulls fans.
I agree with the above and hope that Truro make it and move into their new ground ASAP (not sure when it will be ready). From a Torquay perspective, we have one less away game and one extra home game!

:)