Our Final 9 Games. Can we avoid Relegation.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If we beat Bromley on Saturday, and if Boreham wood and Altrincham drop points at Aldershot and Eastleigh respectively, then we'll be safe from relegation this coming weekend..!! Mathematically certain..!!

In fact, 3 points from any of our last 3 games, and both those other teams drop points in any of their last 3, and we will avoid the drop. Similarly, if we and they lose all remaining games.

But I expect us to win our last 3 games.. :scarf: :scarf:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Yes! I am certain we have enough points already. A winning finish would be a good platform for next season though. Let's just hope Manchester United don't come in and steal away our young manager in the summer .... ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote:Yes! I am certain we have enough points already. A winning finish would be a good platform for next season though. Let's just hope Manchester United don't come in and steal away our young manager in the summer .... ;-)
Hmmm ...... I'm not so sure. As a belt and braces old git, because of our inferior goal difference I think we need a couple more points before we can relax before that Guiseley game. But as we're going to beat Bromley on Saturday, there's no need to worry. ;-)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We have three games left against sides who are mid table and have nothing to play for (unless Guiseley lose the next 2 games and the sides below all win). Of any sides to play, these are the best as they already have one eye on the summer/planning for next season. With our current form then I think we can get at least a few points from these, and have the chance to make our finishing position look a lot higher on paper than we have probably deserved over the course of the season.

Boreham Wood and Altrincham getting 6 points in 3 games is a tough ask for them in itself, and this is only to reach 47. I think one more point would pretty much seal it for us, hopefully this Saturday.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I actually think 47 is enough to avoid the drop - can't see BW and Alty winning two out of their last three. However, don't want to count chickens!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

When I started this thread on 24 March I had calculated we would need a minimum of 48 points to avoid relegation.

With 47 now in the bag and 3 games to play I will be surprised if we don't achieve a minimum of 50 points. Safety!

27 from the last 42 points is promotion form. Fantastic team effort.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

So, the consensus seems to be we won't make the playoffs this season, then. :-/
TUST member 200 ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We're safe..!! :clap: :scarf:

Boreham Wood play Guiseley next weekend, so whatever that result, with us on 50 points we cannot be caught. :scarf:

Roll on next season.. :scarf:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

I never thought we would be safe with 2 games left.

The players,Kevin and Robbie and the Board fully deserve all the plaudits they will receive on the great escape.

The stats for our form in the last 8 weeks are remarkable. 9 wins (4 of them away) 3 draws and 3 defeats. 17 goals and 11 conceded 5 of them at Dover when Durrell Berry was carried off with a very serious injury.

Lets hope for a bumper gate at Home to Barrow next saturday. Should be a great atmosphere.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

A guy I know who supports the Club got £10 on TUFC to avoid relegation at 25/1 when we were 12 points adrift.

Well done Dave! (not Southampton)
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Really looking forward to next week's game to celebrate an awesome achievement by Nicho and his new team.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint