Q&A with Gary and Downesy.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Listen folks, I've got zero issues with none of yous!, We are all entitled to our views, I'm bloody frustrated with 22/23, it was shocking, but I'll stay loyal and get behind the team, nobody's got the golden answer, and we all think our own views are right (otherwise we wouldn't post them), I'll try and be more positive, I do stand by my views, esp about next season being tough, Dartford under Dowson will be decent, Maidstone and Havant, and of course Yeovil, I'll throw it out there that the suprise outfit could to Truro, decent manager, great team unity and they play decent football, a high press, great work ethic style...out of the loanees I'm not sure why or what went on with Ricky Aguair, I see Swindon have kept him on and he looked half decent, We really struggled with so many personnel changes, and with formation and tactics, but come the start of season we need to try and be positive, I'm just very frustrated with how things are, that's all.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Expectation is the mother of all frustration. Always good to remember that success is not always built on success. It's often built on failure and frustration. Take Luton as a point in case - from non-League to Premier League (2014–present).
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 18:40 Listen folks, I've got zero issues with none of yous!, We are all entitled to our views, I'm bloody frustrated with 22/23, it was shocking, but I'll stay loyal and get behind the team, nobody's got the golden answer, and we all think our own views are right (otherwise we wouldn't post them), I'll try and be more positive, I do stand by my views, esp about next season being tough, Dartford under Dowson will be decent, Maidstone and Havant, and of course Yeovil, I'll throw it out there that the suprise outfit could to Truro, decent manager, great team unity and they play decent football, a high press, great work ethic style...out of the loanees I'm not sure why or what went on with Ricky Aguair, I see Swindon have kept him on and he looked half decent, We really struggled with so many personnel changes, and with formation and tactics, but come the start of season we need to try and be positive, I'm just very frustrated with how things are, that's all.
this is entirely fair.

I'd hope that the number of fans who genuinely expect us to walk the league is in single figures. I'll make jokes on twitter ("fire up HMS PissTheLeague, we've beating Reading U21s 5-0!!) but my real expectations for the season are to be challenging as we get into the late february/early march. I think the first XI we'll be able to put out will be more than a match for pretty much every team in the division, but like others I'm a bit concerned about the squad when - as is inevitable - we lose 3 key players all at once.

Yeovil have been spending pretty big but with the sheer number of new players it will probably take them some time to gel, and in those first 6-10 games our more settled side should give us an advantage. There are other sides, of course, who will hope to make hay but we should have enough to be better than at least 18/19 of these sides, if only because we are full time. While I get the need for a certain amount of caution, I still think it's worth acting like the 'bigger' club we aspire to be, if only because accepting NLS fate seems a sure way of ensuring it.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.