Transfer talk.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

Because Nemane is u24 am I right in thinking any club would have to pay compensation like the Kalala situation last Summer?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

craigtufc32 wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 13:04 Happy these 3 have signed new deals. GJ definitely gonna build a decent squad around these #TUFC
Er, you mean 4..... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

bojllitse wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 13:51 Because Nemane is u24 am I right in thinking any club would have to pay compensation like the Kalala situation last Summer?
Hopefully. The improvement Gary made in him would certainly deserve it.
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

If compensation is required I can't see many clubs being able to stump up the cash at the moment. Hopefully it'll encourage him to sign on for next year
craigtufc32
New Signing
New Signing

Post by craigtufc32 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 14:42 Er, you mean 4..... :}
Oops yes I meant 4 lol . Happy for GJ to build the squad around the spine of those 4.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I take it as a compliment that Notts County are acknowledging us as the superior team - enough to want to poach our players. What they fail to see is GJ has even better players lined up to replace them.

With Cameron, Covolan and probably Whitfield leaving all I can say is they did us proud whilst they were with us and alway gave a 100% to the cause so I wish them nothing but success in their new ventures. Not sure Cameron is going to like playing in the National League North the following season though.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

smw1989 wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 12:08 What’s Janneh doing these days? Still contracted to BC? He would be the perfect foil for Danny Wright
He most certainly would - however after making his debut for BC first team he is already on the radar of Premiership new boys Norwich and Brighton and Watford are also interested as well as German club Bayer Leverkusen. So don't hold your breath.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

MellowYellow wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 18:14 Not sure Cameron is going to like playing in the National League North the following season though.

I know you're probably not serious this but I would chortle for months if Notts for and themselves in a relegation battle.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Hope hartlepool r relegated next season as well, that would make me very happy
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Going through the notts county lineup that we faced in the play off match, I couldn’t see one player that I would rather have in our team, there best player was possibly Rodrigues but wouldn’t take him over CLE
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Well that's Swindon out of the race for Whitfield - Swindon manager has left the club after one month in charge after he had signings ready to be announced, but the legal proceedings involving the ownership has not allowed him to do so.

It now appears Bradford are now leading the chase to sign Whitfield.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Whilst all the talk is about transfers spare a thought for Kings Lyn - sounds like their players are living in a homeless shelter.

https://x.com/officialKLtown/status/140 ... dget=Tweet
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Out of interest does anyone have any idea about the size of contracts we are talking about at this level NL and league 2.
I mean how much do think covolan is getting paid by port vale?
What sort of wages are these guys earning at Torquay?
bojllitse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by bojllitse »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 00:16 Out of interest does anyone have any idea about the size of contracts we are talking about at this level NL and league 2.
I mean how much do think covolan is getting paid by port vale?
What sort of wages are these guys earning at Torquay?
According to Football Manager (so not sure how accurate this is) the average Torquay wage is £665 per week and the average Port Vale wage is is £1325 per week. So Covolan is likely doubling his wages - can't blame him for doing that!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

bojllitse wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 10:09 According to Football Manager (so not sure how accurate this is) the average Torquay wage is £665 per week and the average Port Vale wage is is £1325 per week. So Covolan is likely doubling his wages - can't blame him for doing that!
According to Football Manager if Andrew Nelson hadn’t got injured he would have been our top scorer 3 years running in our march to League One football! 😂

On a serious note I think it’s a shame we didn’t get to see him in action. Has anyone made any sense of his cryptic tweets? Has he recovered?

What was Liam Davis physical situation upon release? I was really hoping to see him back next season but appreciate it would be risk following such an extensive injury