New boss poll

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Who do you want as our new boss?

Poll ended at 01 Jun 2011, 00:04

Hargreaves
28%
Hill
No votes
Hodges (K)
No votes
Hodges (L)
1%
Trollope
27%
Rosenior
24%
Other
20%

Total votes: 90

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Nathan Jones (Yeovil)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
TUFC85
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by TUFC85 »

I can't see how everyone is talking about or mentioning Leeroy, I'm sure he is earning as much if not more than he would be as Torquay manager for the BBC, he appears to have taken the media/punditry road. Something in my blood tells me this is what Chris Hargreaves will also do.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Good point TUFC85 , that said it looks like all roads head to torbay for Mr Trollope does it not?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

There is a part of me that would love to see Rioch return. When he signed for us in the autumn of 1981 it was like having Roy Race sign...a former World Cup captain, so when he returned from USA to manage us I was so pleased and equally devastated when he resigned in 1984. I was 15 then. I'm nearly 43 now and for this unfinished business to happen it does seem a bit too long (almost 30 years after he left) to be returning.

So really, I do not think Rioch would be a good idea. I think I am right in thinking that he does (or did) own some shares in the club...I'm sure I remember reading this...plus the links with the Boyce family are probably still there as Tony Joyce was chairman when Rioch was manager. But sentiment is probably the main reason for any suggestion of Rioch. He was a hard taskmaster and a stickler for discipline in ways that may not get the best out of someone like Zebroski. His post-Arsenal career is a bit mixed and I wonder what knowledge he would have of players in League 2.

He has credentials to warrant investigation but you wonder at 64 is he a bit long in the tooth now.

Furthermore, this was the sort of role (not exactly) that Colin Lee possibly occupied initially for Buckle and that obviously did not quite work out. These roles are fraught with danger in terms of who is the actual boss etc.

While Paul Trollope would be my first choice it is still not an appointment that I feel fully content with...there does seem to be a shortage of names that you think...'oh yes, he would be good'.

Too many sugggestions are ruling with the heart and as we have seen in the past (Wes) it rarely works.

As for Leroy...again, it is ruling with the heart. After relegation in 2005 he did not do very well at all and although I think the blame for this lies more with Mike Bateson. Speaking of Leroy...it was he...in his ten minute term...that brought John Milton to the club...so who knows, maybe Milton will stay.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I think Nicky Forster would be worth ago. Did well at Brentford.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well, not that there was much support for him anyway ( 1 vote on this poll) but I think this news means we can definitely rule out Lee Hodges.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 503035.stm

Too early for him to make the step up tbh - he has certainly enjoyed a good first season but with the set up at Truro that's not particularly surprising. It will be interesting to see how they get on in Blue Square South though - only two leagues below us now which represents an incredible rise up the football pyramid.