Dorking v Torquay Tuesday 21st February

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 13:47 have you seen the replay?

its a yellow card, Evans wants to steal the ball by putting his foot next to it but it lands on the ankle of the Dorking player, you see his ankle bend towards the floor
I have seen it. I completely disagree with you.

I’ve looked three times. The Dorking player stuck his leg out as Evans was going for the ball. The Dorking player didn’t have the ball for Evans to “steal”! This was a minor incident, not a yellow at all.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 13:49 I have seen it. I completely disagree with you.

I’ve looked three times. The Dorking player stuck his leg out as Evans was going for the ball. The Dorking player didn’t have the ball for Evans to “steal”! This was a minor incident, not a yellow at all.
think you need to visit https://www.specsavers.co.uk/
Attachments
tackle 3.png
tackle 3.png (102.09 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
tackle 2.png
tackle 2.png (116.6 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
tackle 1.png
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Depends which way you want to interpret it. Those photos dont show that Evans had won the ball and had previously kicked it backwards. If you watch in real time it would give you a completely different interpretation. You've got to remember that the referee isnt seeing it from this view either.

He's looking at it from 10 yards away with the other Dorking player in his line of sight. Obviously hes reacted to the Dorking player screaming in apparent pain and rolling around on the ground.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Can see why the ref has given it but I’m also not sure he could’ve been certain, given that I’ve had to watch the replay a number of times.

Evans is an idiot for not playing the pass seconds before. Something he does time and time again.

Marshall non existent for goals 2 and 3. Should stop the cross yes, but where the **** are the centre halves? Pathetic defending.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 14:23 Depends which way you want to interpret it. Those photos dont show that Evans had won the ball and had previously kicked it backwards. If you watch in real time it would give you a completely different interpretation. You've got to remember that the referee isnt seeing it from this view either.

He's looking at it from 10 yards away with the other Dorking player in his line of sight. Obviously hes reacted to the Dorking player screaming in apparent pain and rolling around on the ground.
Exactly that.

I won’t respond to the pig ignorant and insulting post that says “I should go to Specsavers”. We are all entitled to our opinion without being patronised and insulted.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 15:13 Exactly that.

I won’t respond to the pig ignorant and insulting post that says “I should go to Specsavers”. We are all entitled to our opinion without being patronised and insulted.
Doesn't matter now really....
Probably cost us the game, as with 11 we were in front and - no pun intended - on the front foot.
By the way, how did you get on at Specsavers? ;-)

.........Only joking.
Keep calm...... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 15:19 Doesn't matter now really....
Probably cost us the game, as with 11 we were in front and - no pun intended - on the front foot.
By the way, how did you get on at Specsavers? ;-)

.........Only joking.
Keep calm...... :rofl:
:lol:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Even the Dorking commentator on their highlights didn't see that as a card for Evans.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well in that case we'll appeal and it will be overturned won't it😂
His first touch was awful and he got frustrated with himself. Of course the defender made it look worse than it was, he knew it was a good chance to get him off on a second yellow. It was a stupid challenge
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

desperado wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 16:55 Well in that case we'll appeal and it will be overturned won't it😂
His first touch was awful and he got frustrated with himself. Of course the defender made it look worse than it was, he knew it was a good chance to get him off on a second yellow. It was a stupid challenge
Second yellows can’t be appealed.

I don’t think it deserved a booking. Especially a second yellow when most refs tend to be a bit more lenient.

Nor did Jarvis deserve a yellow but their keeper did for pretending to be dead.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just watched the highlights.

The first Dorking Goal we have 8 yes 8 players in the Penalty Box and concede because no one marks McShane their leading scorer.

Watch McGavin.He trots about in dreamland never once seeing the danger. What is he thinking? Ball watching. The winger sets up the goal by running between Moxey and another United player as if they were not there. Embarrassing.

Goals 2 and 3 both came from No 7 Jimmy Muitt who was so dangerous at Plainmoor in November. Did Gary not remember to tell the players " do not let Muitt get in his crosses into the box" What is wrong with our lads. Ball watching and not thinking about positioning.

I hate criticising the team I have supported for decades but a lot of this squad are simply not good enough and last night proved it sadly. 15 Games to go and it is very hard to see how we can survive unless Gary and Aaron can get 15 performances like last Saturday.

I hope to see Asa Hall and Dan Marti back on Saturday.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Watching these lowlights makes it even more embarrassing.
Bad enough seeing it live.
Woeful non existent defending , again and again 🤬
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

oldpedant wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 11:38 Against our nearest rivals (in the current bottom 9 with us) it is:
Played 12 Won 1 Drawn 5 Lost 6
So out of 36 points available, we've managed 8!

The only corner being turned is into another dead end. If this is the best we can do against the other relegation fodder, we deserve to go down.
Thanks for that oldpedant :clap: grim reading when you analyse it.