New Signings?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Wow what a squad we have now. Pick a starting 11 from that!! As has been said the midfield is packed but then as we have seen both ASA and Frankie can ‘help out’ at the back. Opi can play upfront.

It means that the bench can and will have an impact in games. Have just put on a tenner with Sky bet to win the league now!!
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Pick 2 players who you think will be left out the squad along with Olaf
Macdonald
Covolan
Wynter
Cameron
Niate
Lewis
Vincent
Kalala
Andrews
Keating
Opi
Evans
Reid
Duku
Buse
Touray
Hall
Little

Tough decision this.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by smw89 »

Will he drop ASA and have CLE and Armani in the middle??
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by smw89 »

Or go 352
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We must have about eight midfielders. It does seem that CLE may have been a last minute thing. Goodness knows why no league club signed him.

We are overstacked with midfielders buts lets be honest if you were offered Evans you wouldn't turn him down. He may not start tomorrow but in reality even with Andrews, Vincent, Hall and Little, Evans would walk into the team.

There are a lot of games in August so plenty of healthy competition for places.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

smw89 wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 17:35 Will he drop ASA and have CLE and Armani in the middle??
Don't forget that the matches where we underperformed last season were generally when Asa Hall was unavailable/not selected. If he is anything close to his best I would have him as first pick.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Godalming Gull »

I sit in Wetherspoons in Godalming absolutely astounded, reading the news of today’s signings. I never in a million years thought that CLE would be back. GJ has pulled a masterstroke. It just shows the quality of players who want to play for him. Good luck on selecting the starting lineup for tomorrow! A warm welcome to all of them. I toast the new season with great optimism. Cheers!
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Godalming Gull »

Sitting in Wetherspoons in Godalming absolutely astounded reading about today’s signings. I never thought in a million years that CLE would be back. GJ has pulled a master stroke It just shows the quality of players who want to play for him. A warm welcome to the all! Good luck to GJ on picking tomorrow’s line up. I toast the new season with great optimism. Cheers. !
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I doubt any of the new signings start, I personally cannot wait to see little and Evans partnership.
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Godalming Gull »

Sorry about the double posting....anyway looking at the midfield... does this suggest that AH will
End up in the back four?
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

Devon live saying we’re meant to have another signing before tomorrow’s opener
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 18:20 I doubt any of the new signings start, I personally cannot wait to see little and Evans partnership.
Why? Both CLE and Opi are super fit and possibly had better pre-season preparations than our players. In fact Opi so impressed City during his pre-season in Florida he was rewarded with a new two-year contract, with the option of a further 12 months. CLE is just class - full stop. It's not like they don't know the club set up. I think GJ will have the biggest headache of who to pick from this mighty squad.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

PhilGull wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 16:56 I'm not going to complain because some of these are quality signings but how many midfielders???
About the same as Man City - don't see them questioning.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 18:42 Why? Both CLE and Opi are super fit and possibly had better pre-season preparations than our players. In fact Opi so impressed City during his pre-season in Florida he was rewarded with a new two-year contract, with the option of a further 12 months. CLE is just class - full stop. It's not like they don't know the club set up. I think GJ will have the biggest headache of who to pick from this mighty squad.
They’ve all probably arrived today, So doubt they start.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I believe all the signing today are subject to FA clearance which probably means the paperwork won't be signed off until next week, hopefully in time for Solihull.