Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I think you do need to keep a core of players who were at the club last season, even though it was an unmitigated disaster. The players who were here last season should have learnt from their experience and should be itching to put it right. It would take quite some time to build momentum with a completely new team, by which time Billericay etc would be top of the league and not us.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Richinns wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 15:36 Ironic by the fact this was one of Nicholson's men.......delighted he is staying however.

The difference i can see between Brucie and Richins is that I think Brucie wants the team and Owers to do well in the coming season. Richins wants to Owers (and that means the team) to fail just so he can keep a flame blaming for the last manager.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 18:09
Well done moron but stop trying to crave attention by editing my post and quote the full thing where I state I hope Owers signings prove be shrewd ones. Clearly a wish for failure isn't it!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

sgf wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 16:47 Maybe he thinks they will be ok in the NLS. They clearly weren't good enough in the NL. Who signed them is irrelevant, much as some like to keep the GO v KN debate going.
Spot on.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Some people just can't let this man love for Nicholson go - its quite disturbing really.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Not wanting to be negative, but I hope Davis and Koszela aren't part of these 3 signings earmarked to be signing this week.
if they are then we can't help but feel things are desperate.
If Friday brings 3 experienced pros in then great, but it's feeling unlikely now
I hope to be proved wrong!
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Wubble U wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 23:05 Not wanting to be negative, but I hope Davis and Koszela aren't part of these 3 signings earmarked to be signing this week.
if they are then we can't help but feel things are desperate.
If Friday brings 3 experienced pros in then great, but it's feeling unlikely now
I hope to be proved wrong!
That's very negative for someone who doesn't want to be negative!!

Davis is a good re-signing and this kid might have something. It's a good level for him to start at
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Rumours on BTPIR that we may be interested in James Constable.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Jerry wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 06:35 Rumours on BTPIR that we may be interested in James Constable.
I know he is getting on a bit now but he would piss this level
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Do we need another striker? WIth Williams, Keating and Reid and this young lad as backup surely that should be enough? Especially as there is no reserve football so whoever doesn't play is just losing fitness. Keep the squad small and fit I say.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Some might say that describing Keating and Reid as strikers is stretching the meaning of the word! Prolific natural goalscorers they are yet to prove.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

James Constable? To paraphrase someone's amusing comment on here last season, that would be a very arresting development indeed!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

sgf wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 10:27 I know he is getting on a bit now but he would piss this level
This is a worrying mentality to approach next season with. Even if we are the only full-time club and we acquire the best squad on paper (still yet to be decided) if we approach the season thinking just turning up and playing will be enough then we will get nowhere. Any players not matching the hunger and desire of the opposition will be short of what is required. You only have to see what happened to German at the world cup to illustrate this point. Teams coming to Plainmoor this season will see this as their cup final and we have to match that will to win these games in order for us to be contenders.

Regarding Constable ‘pissing’ this league – well he was at this level last season with relegated Poole Town and scored 2 goals in 10 appearances.
Last edited by Richinns on 29 Jun 2018, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Richinns wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 11:12 This is a worrying mentality to approach next season with. Even if we are the only full-time club and we acquire the best squad on paper (still yet to be decided) if we approach the season thinking just turning up and playing will be enough then we will get nowhere. Any players not matching the hunger and desire of the opposition will be short of what is required. You only have to see what happened to German at the world cup to illustrate this point. Teams coming to Plainmoor this season will see this as their cup final and we have to match that will to win these games in order for us to be contenders.

Regarding Constable ‘pissing’ this league – well he was at Poole Town last season (the level below ours) and scored 2 goals in 10 appearances....
And that's probably still a better strike rate than the current lot - apart from maybe Williams
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Re: James Constable - I wouldn't call 33 years old 'getting on a bit' for NLS. He could probably do a decent job, but yes has he still got the hunger?