Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Stubbsy was a great player and goal scorer .. but Smithy worked so hard for other players to feed off him.
My name reflects how I feel now!
A TU fan since 1965 and stuck with them through thick & thin until a certain R*b**ts stepped in and sh*t on a lot of people in a very short space of time.
Despite that I have followed the Club and watched on with a heavy heart as consecutive antics in the Boardroom have plunged the club into the depths of oblivion.
Now it seems there is no great escape on the horizon - no money pot to spend, no Ian Atkins to boost the player's moral .. just a deep black hole and I fear the public announcement that I think is coming later today or tomorrow.
The Club has lived beyond its means on borrowed time and is now reaping what has been sown over the past years - despite a certain David Thomas and his Cider Bar fueled optimism, remember it is his job to be positive when reporting on all things TUFC .. he knows what is going on and what is about to happen, he just dare not announce or hint at it before the Club make it official!
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Really not looking forward to tomorrow
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Nobody else expecting this latest 'deadline' to slip, then? All the others have. Like most, I'm not expecting good news when it comes. Also expect it to come with an 'it was our only option' label, as would always be the case with, for example, property developers.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

If the fans only knew how much money which has been wasted and squandered over the last 5-6 years. People ripping the club off for their own gain.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

With lack of any information from the hearld ect.....it's feeling bleaker and bleaker....if we were anything worth saving in the tradition of keeping us all united then I'm sure it be sorted by now.

Heres still hoping
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Well, Mr.SBP, this is what we want to know! Who were these people? If we knew at least we might be able to make some sense of it all.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Sadly Wivelgull there are many.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Looking at the HE I expect a Masters GI take over, just hope we have a club at the end of the season. Why are they keeping quiet.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

SBP wrote:If the fans only knew how much money which has been wasted and squandered over the last 5-6 years. People ripping the club off for their own gain.
When Phillips consortium took over the budget should have been tight not overspending as we've seen. We have lost our way and whoever takes the club on must keep an eye on what is spent. If the above is true the Chairman over the years have not done a very good job and are in every way responsible for our situation.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

When Theo was in the Chair she openly stated that the club was hemorrhaging money.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Sad times! I know it costs a huge amount of money to run a football club and fan ownership might not have cut it but under current circumstances surely it would have been worth a try rather than just lay down, roll over and di. There may still be a lot more to all the shady goings on between the board and GI/Masters than we know thats why we havent been consulted or asked to raise funds, obviously we are a nuisance and would complicate matters. That definitely seems to be a big thing with this board, as others have alluded to there is a chronic case of animal farm syndrome. Methinks also by the sound of it that the reason this board have been hellbent on dealing with certain parties and maybe not others is that they woud have kept there tenure at the reins in place. Really putting the clubs best interests first arent they.

You just cant help thinking about where it all went wrong. We have never really had a lot of money even during the heady days of the first non league run, not in comparison to a lot of other clubs. As we have read there have been so many mistakes, poor choices (especially managerial), money chucked around, misspent and wasted, no doubt there have been many who have ripped the club off left right and centre. If only we had better people running things during the Bristow era. If only this board had stayed true to their word about better communication and a more open club. Both started so well, both failed abysmally. There have been people who know what they are doing who have offered help to both boards over the years and ignored or turned down flat. Ego and arrogance anyone?

Just think if the board had wanted to bring club and fans closer and raised some funds to pay debts and get rid of vultures it could have easily done its own share scheme, probably still could. Just think if 2000 supporters all put in £200 intial investment that is £400,000, that would be a great start, probably see off the GI loan, possibly masters as well and maybe give the board members a little return on their £30,000 they put in (Has any of that even been spent, hhhmmmm). Obviously those figures wouldnt be exact, there would likely be less supporters invest, some may not pay as much, but there are likely some would pay considerably more. It would obviously need the word out, the local rag and the club on board, but thats been one of the main problems all along hasnt it, its astounding as to how so many of the fanbase are blissfully unaware of where we are at. Take my Dad for example, been a supporter since the late 1950's and he wouldnt have any idea of what has been happening or what is likely about to happen if I wasnt keeping him informed.

The last 4 years have been awful, got a feeling that was nothing, its about to get a whole lot worse. I hope and pray that I am wrong. :'( :no:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

somersetgull wrote:So if Matt has inside information then why doesn't he tell us the name of the new club from 1st June 2017. Will it be Torquay and Truro FC? Devon United?

What will be the clubs new colours? I'm going for black and white stripes as neutral ones. No coincidence about this season's away kit was a preview!

Will the Cornish Pirates be coming and rebranding as Devon Gulls?

I hope TUST can set up a AFC Torquay for the start of next season. I however will support the merged club playing at plainmoor. I hope it's sold well to us tomorrow, and we can maintain at least 1000 regulars, but I will follow the fortunes of AFC closely.
Could be AFC Torquay with Chinese owners and we've got to change colours to red! HE have only mentioned Masters and GI.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Went to Exeter Christmas market this week and in one of the stalls had a chat with the young lad whose business is based in Torquay and he had no idea that the club is in dire straits. He intimated that he would have been willing to do something had he known.
I've posted recently that the general Torbay public going about their daily life are totally unaware of what's happening at TQ1.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

taxilady wrote:either way, I suppose we can always go & watch Buckland.....
I go there now when we are away.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

somersetgull wrote: I hope TUST can set up a AFC Torquay for the start of next season. I however will support the merged club playing at plainmoor. I hope it's sold well to us tomorrow, and we can maintain at least 1000 regulars, but I will follow the fortunes of AFC closely.
Two competing clubs would be a disaster which would see them both fail.

Of all the former league clubs who have folded all of them have returned or are on their way back to at least conference level, with the exception of Scarborough whose fanbase schismed into two clubs.