Takeover of the club at an advanced stage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Does this mean another bidder is now in the driving seat?
http://www.trurocityfc.net/news/truro-c ... 86676.html
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

its not an has never been masters :)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ROADRUNNER wrote:its not an has never been masters :)
Do you know who it is yet? I really hope it is positive for the club and its fans.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Supp16
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Nathan smith

Post by Supp16 »

This will defentily be good for the club and fans. Wait and see
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

PhilGull wrote: Like we had with this current board you mean? With Paul Cox!
No need to change anything on the 1st team front at this point in time. Nicho and the boys are doing very nicely.
:goodpost:
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I wonder if this could be the board members that resigned shortly after taking over? Someone who knows them told me they were taking a step back as they weren't comfortable with some of the things that were happening at that time. They were apparently still interested in owning the club, just not as part of that set up.

Pure speculation mind you but as nobody seems to be suggesting who it might be, just thought I'd put it out there. The person who told me would have no reason to lie.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

no its not. sorry cant comment anymore that its a footie fan with connections in the bay.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I today have heard of who is taking over our club, I have mixed feelings. and it didn't have anything to do with losing 5-0. but the person who told me has had good connections with the club in the past and it worries me that the company involved may not have the best interests of the club. I have had dealings with them before in Bristol. Do we want to go down this road or are we now in such a position that we have to go down this road and pray it turns out alright. We are in trouble.. true. but will we be in worse trouble in the future. and I can't say that we won't be
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Glostergull wrote:I today have heard of who is taking over our club, I have mixed feelings. and it didn't have anything to do with losing 5-0. but the person who told me has had good connections with the club in the past and it worries me that the company involved may not have the best interests of the club. I have had dealings with them before in Bristol. Do we want to go down this road or are we now in such a position that we have to go down this road and pray it turns out alright. We are in trouble.. true. but will we be in worse trouble in the future. and I can't say that we won't be
Perhaps you should communicate your fears in confidence to the Torquay board, Glos., along with whatever information, facts, or evidence you are able to pass on.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Glostergull.........What line of business are the proposed new owners in?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Some posters on the other site have mentioned a possible name for the company that is or indeed has already taken over the club: Stadia UK with merse confirming the posters suspicions.. And guess who our next manager is going to be next season?

Merse's post:

It is the company and Harrop is the manager I was foretelling the other week....can you imagine this cartoon character running the team next season? His claim to qualification is a connection by marriage to the new owners if you please ~ no; I'm not making this up.

One or two of us on here have been monitoring this manouvre for some months now; it is my understanding that due diligence has been done and the transfer of ownership is imminent so the wages can be paid for this month!

The chief executive of this company is Clarke Osborne of Gaming International and Stadia UK are one of Gaming International's subsidiaries along with Stadia UK Reading Ltd. Gaming International are the sole shareholder in both companies.

Gaming International only has one listed shareholder: Toklon Limited whose company address is Abbey Stadium Swindon as quite a number of Osborne's other companies are (including Gaming International), There are five shareholders of Toklon Limited: Stephen Hayward, Clarke and Susan Osborne, Clarke Osborne (on his own), William Glass and George Edwards.

Clarke Osborne's registered address is Chalfont Lodge, Stanton Wick, Bristol, BS39 4DB and he is director of around 50 companies, the latest of which - OFSO Limited ~ was registered on 19th January. He was also a director of MK Stadium LTD which operated Milton Keynes Greyhound Stadium from 1995 until its closure in 2005. Although the registered address of most of his companies is still Abbey Stadium Swindon, they all seem to have originated in Bristol which I presume is where he and Heyward live. Gaming International have an office in Keynsham, Bristol BS31 1BL

All roads lead to Osborne and what appears to have been a history in greyhounds; wasn't there 'a bloke connected to greyhounds' sniffing around the club before? We thought there was. Osborne may have started his property career at Bristol Greyhounds, there are connections to dissolved companies called Bristol Stadium Limited, BS Properties, BS Estates etc; and THAT of course leads us to the eviction of Bristol Rovers from their spiritual home over thirty years ago.

Between May and October 2005 Osborne was a director of Mangotsfield United Football Club, but that is the closest we can place him to football.

Is this a good prospect for Torquay United or is it not?

Time will tell but this administration is now apparently dead in the water and in urgent need to dispose of their liabilities before they become ruinous debts that will need to be honoured.

personally, this seems a little fishy. Time will tell..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I spent last week looking into his links with Swindon Robins speedway and other involvements and he does have success with finding places to develop. He was part of a group that bought Pontins out but couldn't find out much more than Merse has revealed. Is it a bad move for the club? I'm not sure either way but what I do know is that the current Board need to bring in some kind of investment or the club will go under. TUST are still not in a position to do anything so what choice do we have?

I also heard Harrop was looking at the managers job for himself.................................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Frying pan / Fire ??
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Who knows? What I do know is that we can't rely on Thea to pay the wage bill again and need some investment. As long as Osborne can resist the pressure from Harrop to make him manager ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

If they do take over, we need to organise a petition to the club to state that the fans are not interested in Harrop as manager. We require a suitably qualified and experienced manager, especially if we drop into the Conference South, a league that relies upon connections, league knowledge and making the most out of limited budgets. Geoff Harrop is not that, Steve Tully is. If we appoint Harrop, we're another step closer to the end of the club.