Is Sturrock our possible new Director of football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Still not been told what Bill Phillips has actually done to deserve all the stick he gets on here. I know he hasn't invested any money into the club but he doesn't get paid for his role. Surely, he must offer something to the board, otherwise why don't they just clear him out? Just because you're chairman, it doesn't mean you need to have deep pockets. I'd rather somebody is competent in that position and with no disrespect to Thea, she will be the first to admit that she was well out of her depth.

The appointment of Sturrock is the first professional thing this club has done all season and it will be interesting to discover a) who made that decision; and b) who is funding it. I'm sure we'll find out soon...
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

tommyg wrote:Still not been told what Bill Phillips has actually done to deserve all the stick he gets on here. I know he hasn't invested any money into the club but he doesn't get paid for his role. Surely, he must offer something to the board, otherwise why don't they just clear him out? Just because you're chairman, it doesn't mean you need to have deep pockets. I'd rather somebody is competent in that position and with no disrespect to Thea, she will be the first to admit that she was well out of her depth.

The appointment of Sturrock is the first professional thing this club has done all season and it will be interesting to discover a) who made that decision; and b) who is funding it. I'm sure we'll find out soon...
Yes, what is it exactly that Bill Phillips has or hasn't done? Has been something of a scapegoat for a few on here.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The new owners must be on the verge of taking over if the club are appointing Paul Sturrock! I think we need a clear out and see some new enthusiastic people to get the club going again.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

CH & LH are going nowhere they will both be here next season in HE story today as Bill Phillips confirms that Sturrock is here to help and not replace the current management.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Great, so we get to put up with another season of bullcrap and excuses, oh how I just cant wait, or wait, has CH just received the dreaded vote of confidence.
Formerly known as forevertufc