League 2 Roundup Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

At least their club has ambition.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

5 years a go they were saying they'd be in the Premiership in 5 years. hmmmm...

In 10 years time, will their 5 year aim be league 2
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Jeff wrote:Interesting that Charlie Sheringham has been mentioned on here again, even if it is nothing more than hypothetical forum chat.

Having seen him play 3/4s of a season at Bishops Stortford, it would be easy to criticise him. Languid, lazy, stroppy, not strong or quick, not good in the air and misses a hell of a lot of chances.
But its that last point that makes you think - you would not believe the amount of chances he misses. Whilst his execution is poor, his movement in and around the penalty area can be lethal. Almost a poor mans van Nistelrooy. i dare say he could have scored twice the number of goals he got if he'd converted a reasonable number of his chances. its the fact that he has this movement, positional sense that almost make him worth a gamble.

But as someone else has said, this is all BSS level - stepped up to the BSP and flopped.
Sounds like Ashley Barnes, and he'll be in the Championship next season!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

As has been said in another thread, by someone else, someone better phone the FA and let them know they'll be needing 50 places available in the Championship 5 years from now, what with all there teams from down here who have these '5 year plans' to be in that division. There'll be just us, Barnet and Macclesfield left to play each other in a round robin every week, I can't wait.

The bit that makes me laugh is the "We're a Championship club in L2". NO YOU'RE NOT! You're a well supported club in L2 with a nobody manager and a squad full of shit footballers, as was evidenced by your absolute and utter demolition at the hands of TUFC last season, probably the easiest away game I have ever seen us play.

Truth be told, Bradford will be lucky to exist in 5 years time, they've got no money as it is and, judging from what SB has said about the Pickles Branston deal, they're spending money they don't have.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Seems like Muzzy may about to rejoin his old mate .....

http://www.bristolrovers.vitalfootball. ... p?a=244477

In all seriousness is there anybody that BRFC aren't trying to sign at the moment!!!! Paul Buckle is like a kid let loose in a chocolate factory ... cant blame him I suppose, it's obviously a lot, lot easier to sign players at BRFC with the location, wages etc ... :B

I think it might end up being between them and Crawley for the title .... and given the choice I would rather it was BRFC ... even though it pains me to say that!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Fair to say he's been quite blessed. They say it's better to be a lucky manager than a good manager. When he joined us in the BSP, he was given sufficient budget to lord it over the rest of that division. He's now got much the same situation at Rovers.

Have to say i'm staggered that Carayol is on his shopping list though. Matt Green next...? ;-)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

CP Gull wrote:Seems like Muzzy may about to rejoin his old mate .....

In all seriousness is there anybody that BRFC aren't trying to sign at the moment!!!! Paul Buckle is like a kid let loose in a chocolate factory ... cant blame him I suppose, it's obviously a lot, lot easier to sign players at BRFC with the location, wages etc ... :B

I think it might end up being between them and Crawley for the title .... and given the choice I would rather it was BRFC ... even though it pains me to say that!
You really think BRFC will be that high CP?

Obviously he has more players to bring in yet - but I don't see them as top 2 material based on the players he has there and what he's brought in so far.

They were awful last year......went down with a whimper and have lost their top 2 scorers......a flirt with the play offs for me only.
....aka jmgull.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

ferrarilover wrote:As has been said in another thread, by someone else, someone better phone the FA and let them know they'll be needing 50 places available in the Championship 5 years from now, what with all there teams from down here who have these '5 year plans' to be in that division. There'll be just us, Barnet and Macclesfield left to play each other in a round robin every week, I can't wait.
:lol:
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Us Barnet and Macclesfield would be loving it.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

We might win the league then :scarf:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

CP Gull wrote:Seems like Muzzy may about to rejoin his old mate .....

Didn't Muzzy openly say that he didn't see eye to eye with Buckle when he left?

It's amazing what a blank chequebook will do for tattered friendships.........
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hahahaha, oh dear, our Rovers brethren will be please when they see Carayol. If they think they're aiming higher than Zebroski by signing him, well, I'm not certain, but I think something that wrong might be enough to rip a hole in the fabric of time and space itself.
If a man was given the choice between a night with Megan Fox, or a night of having his testicles beaten with a meat tenderiser and he chose the wooden mallet, he'd still be less wrong than anyone who suggests that CZ doesn't have more talent in his foreskin than Muzzy possesses in his whole body.

The list of people on earth who are better at football than Carayol includes literally everyone down to and including the dead tramp the workers found when renovating Rock Walk.

So, here's hoping for an update on their OS any time now.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Hahahaha, oh dear, our Rovers brethren will be please when they see Carayol. If they think they're aiming higher than Zebroski by signing him, well, I'm not certain, but I think something that wrong might be enough to rip a hole in the fabric of time and space itself.
If a man was given the choice between a night with Megan Fox, or a night of having his testicles beaten with a meat tenderiser and he chose the wooden mallet, he'd still be less wrong than anyone who suggests that CZ doesn't have more talent in his foreskin than Muzzy possesses in his whole body.

The list of people on earth who are better at football than Carayol includes literally everyone down to and including the dead tramp the workers found when renovating Rock Walk.

So, here's hoping for an update on their OS any time now.

Matt.
I know you talk some rubbish sometimes but this is the king of it. Zebroski is a quality player and I'd love to have him in my team any day, however, I think his potential will only ever take him as high as L1. He'd definitely need some finishing training to be a good L1 striker. Carayol does have quite a lot of potential and as we saw at the end of last season, can rip apart teams at will when he wants to. Carayol has a LOT of work to do to go any higher up the leagues, but I think his potential is much higher than Zebs.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I don't doubt Carayol's potential at all. What can possibly be questioned is his work ethic - and that certainly isn't true of Zebs. I also remain astounded that Buckle is interested in working with him again - unless of course Muzzy's attitude isn't as bad as it was portrayed to be when he left us...