Bolton and Bury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

tomogull wrote: 29 Aug 2019, 17:28 An interesting concept, Wodger. When I first read your post, I must admit I thought 'what a daft idea'. But on second thoughts, there is a lot of sense in it. Problem is - EFL/FA aren't well known for sense. Would 'gate money' include season ticket sales and tickets bought online? it would be a nightmare to administer, and I'm sure some clubs would find 'loopholes' to avoid paying 1%. But I do think more money should filter down from the Premier League to lower league clubs. Perhaps the plight of Bury and Bolton will concentrate a few minds ....... until the next club 'hits the buffers'.
Yes, all money paid by the public to watch matches at the ground. I know it would be difficult to administer but if we are capable of organising brexit then surely it could be done.......wait a moment!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 30 Aug 2019, 10:45
What happens if nobody wants to buy the club off Clarke? He sells off everything to get his money and that’s us gone.

We are in an incredibly precarious position but because we are doing well at the moment, some people are choosing to ignore the plight we are in.
Very good point. At the moment I would say it is most people are turning a blind eye to our real plight.
If Osborne doesn't get what he wants then I think he would put the club into administration followed by liquidation. Nobody is going to pay £1.5 million plus on top of the value of the club just so Osborne gets his outlay back.
As mellowyellow says we have no future at plainmoor. In fact I don't think Plainmoor has a future because if we were to become a Phoenix club I don't think that outfit could afford the upkeep and running costs of the ground.
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

While having the greatest sympathy for Bury fans but not their owners, I consider that their local MP and others are now trying to get unfair favourable treatment suggesting any new owners should be able to start 2020/21 in Div2. What planet are the on? The best that should be available would be Nationwide North. Otherwise they should be a pheonix club and try to do an AFC Wimldon. The EFL should reject "special" pleading.