New Year Reflections.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

SuperNickywroe. Ok let's say you're right and all Osborne is only interested in is the freehold of plainmoor. We know that if he is successful, by the time everything is sorted it would probably be at least 2 years before he gets plainmoor. By this time he would probably have invested 5 million quid into the club. Remember under the Bristows ownership that Thea lost over 4 million. Osborne is a very rich and successful businessman and I can't see him walking away from plainmoor for less than 5 - 10 million quid profit. There is no way that this sort of return can be gained by purchasing plainmoor alone.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Invested? £5million? You really are clueless. He's put the club in danger by way of the loans, let's not pretend he's a knight in shining armour. He's here to make money, nothing wrong with that unless it's at our expense and as for building a nice new stadium why don't you address the fact he's NEVER built one? You're trying to paint a pretty picture but just remember, previous owners kept us at national level, he failed miserably. 5 year plan? Local Board? We've gone backwards and the only person he's managed to lure locally is bloody Mel Hayman.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 20:06 SuperNickywroe. Ok let's say you're right and all Osborne is only interested in is the freehold of plainmoor. We know that if he is successful, by the time everything is sorted it would probably be at least 2 years before he gets plainmoor. By this time he would probably have invested 5 million quid into the club. [highlight=yellow]Remember under the Bristows ownership that Thea lost over 4 million[/highlight]. Osborne is a very rich and successful businessman and I can't see him walking away from plainmoor for less than 5 - 10 million quid profit. There is no way that this sort of return can be gained by purchasing plainmoor alone.
Now, re Mr & Mrs Bristow. The difference being that Paul was a massive fan of TUFC and Thea also being a fan, carried on his great legacy.

Thats the big difference between the Bristows' and Osborne.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

It's very easy to forget the negatives when the footballing positives are so prominent. Attractive and top of the table football is where all supporters want to watch on a Saturday. Positivity is all you can see and it can be morphed into what you once saw as a problem. Osborne hasn't gone away and neither has his focus. To give him credit for our success in the NLS is an insult to Gary Johnson. The real difference is that, for the first time since Martin Ling, we actually have an actual football manager. That's five years and seven 'managers' between them. Under Gary Owens, the attitude towards Osborne and the club in general was soar.

The positivity is great and I cannot knock that. Despite not being in the country to watch any games, watching the highlights, reading the forum, Facebook and friends and family who are still in the area, even I can feel the complete 180 degree turn from one Gary to the other. But to quickly forget what the majority thought about Osborne and his intentions because we are top of the league and playing football that we haven't seen in a long time, is a dangerous place to be, just to be let down like a led balloon. I'm not going to argue that I know every single little detail about Osborne and I am going to continue to enjoy this season and hopefully take a trip in April to witness our promotion party. However, I don't trust Osborne one little bit. His history is poor, his actions are questionable and suspicion surrounds him. I just pray that this little bit of hope that we are seeing, doesn't get violently shut in the next couple of years.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.