NEW MANAGER GARY JOHNSON

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

ACW2IOW wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 12:08 Asa Hall will know him well................................
I recall seeing Asa Hall interviewed, stating that when at Cheltenham (during their Conference winning season), the team entered the field of play feeling that they were unbeatable and invincible! They certainly had a great season....

It is all about confidence, hopefully Gary Johnson will rekindle the recent dying embers of confidence. :scarf:
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

That was a surprise appointment! but looks like a very positive move. Comforting to have a football manager with experience in place after our previous penchant for inexperienced "legends".

Assume Harrop was not involved as this only took 36 hours rather than 36 days !!
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

Great news. The speed of appointment suggests earlier planning perhaps since reports from the Hampton and Richmond game.
It was that game that was the last straw for me.
Onwards and upwards now!!! Hopefully.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

ACW2IOW wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 12:08 Asa Hall will know him well................................
As will Ryan Dickson, Liam Davis and Jakub Sokolik from his Yeovil days ... and even Jake Andrews was with him at Cheltenham last season.
york_gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by york_gull »

Love the appointment! String a few good results together and we can try to forget the mess that was the start of our season!
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

Has to be able to get a better tune out of these players than Owers.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

jimhart33 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 12:40 Great news. The speed of appointment suggests earlier planning perhaps since reports from the Hampton and Richmond game.
It was that game that was the last straw for me.
Onwards and upwards now!!! Hopefully.
Gloucester game did for me
Negative attitude on the pitch
TQY fans virtually fighting each other albeit kids
Coffeegate
Cap it all TQY players involved with fans
Have to say the respect shown by players to fans has been poor this season to say the least
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Well, you certainly can’t knock that as an appointment. You never know how spells are going to turn out of course, but on paper that’s as good an appointment as we’ve made for a long while. Contacts, experience, proven at National League level, managed in the Westcountry for long spells, a number of promotions on his CV… you can’t knock it. Within 24 hours of getting rid of Owers too.

It will give a boost to the fans, and presumably the players too. There’s 2 away games coming up that are a great chance to score goals, win games and get into the next round of the cup, before potentially coming back to Plainmoor on the up. A far cry from last weekend and the misery, frustration and anger around the place.

It’s got to be a boost to the two loan players as well. I know loan performances would be tracked by Bristol City regardless, but you’ve got to think that if you perform well and impress Gary Johnson while here, it’s going to be passed on to your club manager personally by his dad and not via two or three coaches third hand. If we can extend those loans and they replicate their debut form over the rest of the spell, they’re two big players for us.

And who knows, maybe for the final cherry on the cake, Gary Johnson will know of a striker going spare that fancies coming here. Either that or get a team playing well and creating chances for the current options to take.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Hopefully there will be some interviews on YouTube, perhaps from the owner as well as the new manager, (captain as well?).
I expect Asa Hall to be captain going forward, and Brett can concentrate on getting some goals, which must surely come in the next two games. There cannot be any other manager at this level with as many contacts as Gary Johnson. The season starts NOW!

:scarf:
Attachments
image.png
image.png (641 Bytes) Viewed 864 times
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Great news! Hopefully we will see a balanced team now and some service for our forwards.
Any news on his assistant or backroom staff?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Striker Suggestions (free agents)

CALVIN ZOLA
NICKY MAYNARD
JAY EMMANUEL THOMAS
NILE RANGER
LEON BEST
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

PhilGull wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 14:54 Great news! Hopefully we will see a balanced team now and some service for our forwards.
Any news on his assistant or backroom staff?
Aaron Downes maybe?

Was Johnson's captain when they won the Conference and I think he's now a youth coach at Cheltenham.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

as i also predicted ryan brunt missed opportunity, 9 games 6 goals ffs..... why did we have this clown in charge for this long
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

aggrey_25 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 15:03 Striker Suggestions (free agents)

CALVIN ZOLA
NICKY MAYNARD
JAY EMMANUEL THOMAS
NILE RANGER
LEON BEST
We've already got five strikers, all capable of scoring goals. What we need is a system, a way of playing that gets the ball to them in ways that they can convert. If we need any players it's midfielders who can deliver a good ball but I am confident that GJ, given a few days (as it will be before Hungerford) and a few more days after can get our team firing with the personnel he has.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

PhilGull wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 15:18 We've already got five strikers, all capable of scoring goals. What we need is a system, a way of playing that gets the ball to them in ways that they can convert. If we need any players it's midfielders who can deliver a good ball but I am confident that GJ, given a few days (as it will be before Hungerford) and a few more days after can get our team firing with the personnel he has.
:goodpost: