Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Iyesden Christie scores 6 for Halesowen in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round. One win away from an emotional return to TUFC (potentially)..............
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Scott Rendell scores a hatrick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29390000

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Apparently Kidderminster's second and third goals against Barnet both came from Kev's corners. Rendell scored again - surely he must be the league's top scorer so far ? Oh ...... and Hawley scored two ....... :devil:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Jarvo getting a straight red today at Bootham Crescent for a shocking 2 footed tackle on Shrews Nathaniel Knight-Percival. Billy Kee also possibly on his way to York.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Can he play for anyone else? I thought the limit was two clubs in Europe per season. He's played for Burton and Scunny (I think), so York would be a third.

Leadbitter sent off as Rovers lose to Rovers.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:Can he play for anyone else? I thought the limit was two clubs in Europe per season. He's played for Burton and Scunny (I think), so York would be a third.

Leadbitter sent off as Rovers lose to Rovers.

Matt.

If he is going on loan, then it would probably be ok. If you think last season, Marquis played for Millwall, Torquay & Northampton and there are other examples. However, if it was a permanent move, then I think you would be correct.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Jarvo getting a straight red today at Bootham Crescent for a shocking 2 footed tackle on Shrews Nathaniel Knight-Percival. Billy Kee also possibly on his way to York.
Yes - new manager at York and Jarvis gets a red card. Not a good idea, Ryan - doesn't create a good first impression !! :-/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Thanks Hec, I knew I could rely on you. Best of luck to Billy, in that case. Wonder what's gone wrong for him so suddenly?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

ferrarilover wrote:Thanks Hec, I knew I could rely on you. Best of luck to Billy, in that case. Wonder what's gone wrong for him so suddenly?

Matt.
Homesick :devil:
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I see Bailey Cargill starts tonight for Bournemouth against West Brom in the Capital One cup. Not watching the game but looks like he is in a centre back with Ian Harte at left back.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

John Marquis has a month to try and secure a contract at another club or force his way into the Millwall side apparently. What a cheating arsehole. He's got no chance. Perhaps the most blatant 'fall to the ground clutching my face' episodes in the history of the sport today. Frustrated by nearly putting Minstermen centre half Keith Lowe in casualty moments earlier. Inevitably subbed early in the second.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Saw both 'Bayo's today. Akinfenwa neither looks muscly nor fat - cannot work that one out. Any road up, he's bleedin' humongous. Unnaturally so. He missed an open goal for the Wombles today and other than that had me working out just how he was still getting paid to play football.

Azeez on the other hand although also missing a first half sitter looks every bit the lively player Torquay had on loan last season. He was brought off late on.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Not an ex-gull, but Scott Brown, the Cheltenham keeper who was excellent against us in the play-offs a few years ago, was playing for Aberdeen against Celtic today. He's broken into the first team in recent weeks and has a chance to set himself as the number one. I don't imagine he'll be on much more money, if any, than he was at Cheltenham, but he was playing on TV today in front of 19000 people. He has the potential to play in cup finals, Europe and 50000+ at Celtic if it carries on. SPL is a decent option for decent lower league players to try something new.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Ashley Barnes scored the winning goal in the Premier League match between Burnley and Hull this weekend.