Our Final 9 Games. Can we avoid Relegation.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

With Boreham Wood having played 2 -3 games more and still in the bottom four and on poor form, I think they are very likely to go down.
That probably makes it one from Torquay, Halifax, Altringham & Guisely. Guisley have been gradually dropping and would probably be my favourite to go. I hope that the cheating goal they scored against Braintree doesn't keep them up - or even mean that we are still at risk on the last day. Knowing Torquay though it will go to the last day.
Dover will be a new ground for me tomorrow - hard to believe that they could be in league Two next year - and another 0.0 will do us fine.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

brucie wrote:I don't see any games that are left as being that difficult because its a really crap league to be fair. We are on a good run so long gone are the days where we should be going into any games expecting to get beat. Tough game at Dover maybe but should we be quaking at facing the mighty Eastleigh at home?
Can't see it myself - they are fecking rubbish. Overpaid and overhyped - How did they get on today? - Oh yes failed to beat the mighty Welling Utd at home (who incidentally played nearly all the game with ten men)

Then there is Gateshead - Stuffed 3-0 on their own ground today by Macclesfield who we have beaten about sixteen times already this season. There is nothing much to fear amongst this rabble.
100% spot on and the right 'attitude' :Oops:

First and only time i'll say this but I 100% agree with Brucie.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I've always agreed with brucie.
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

Hoping for draws today from
Halifax v Altringham
Southport v Guiseley
Every match our rivals do not win is great for us.
Then 3 wins will probable be enough for us.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Halifax 0-0 with Altrincham at half time.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I think it will go to the last day - that is the Torquay way.
Hopefully we will only need a point and not to rely on other results, but at worst I think we'll need to beat Guiseley to stay up.
(and I've just realised that is a 5pm kick off which isn't best for a day trip to Yorkshire),
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Yesterday was a disaster, not because of the result but because of the injury to Berry. I can't see us winning three games in the last eight - not now with our defence in tatters. Perhaps we could scrape two wins - Alty and Barrow - and three draws - Chester, Bromley and Guisley but three defeats - Eastleigh, Gateshead and Tranmere. That would mean 47 points. We might just survive on that but I agree it will probably all rest on that final game.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Changed my mind - No.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

We have been involved in a mini-season in a mini-division since January. We are still capable of staying up. Berry is a big loss, it will be interesting to see the solution, maybe Rees, I would prefer to see Smith in the centre.
TUST number 080
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes I do agree yesterdays match was a disaster, more for the injury than the result. To think that if the referee had applied the rules that result could have been completely different. Its all very hard to take.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

brucie wrote:Yes I do agree yesterdays match was a disaster, more for the injury than the result. To think that if the referee had applied the rules that result could have been completely different. Its all very hard to take.

Agreed, authorities need to uninstall this mistaken belief that the letter of the law doesn't apply early in the game that seems to be endemic throughout the game.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:Changed my mind - No.
Obviously, Wivel getting his Whitby and Torquay muddled up again. In spite of Whitbly getting a creditable point away to Salford in a 0 - 0 draw, Mickleover, breathing down their necks, had a home win. I agree with Brucie - the Gulls will stay up. :scarf:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Now it is 7 games left. Gateshead are so unpredictable, I reckon we can win this one. But if we don't beat Altrincham and Chester we are going to face an uphill struggle to stay up. Chesters late late equaliser today has helped us big time. Surprised Halifax got well beaten at barrow. It is so tight and hard to call.
Lucy
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I posted this in the Eastleigh match thread but it probably should have been here - And I'll add to admitting to being wrong about Boreham Wood in my post last week - having seen their fixtures and them beating a Dover team who we just lost 5.0 to, I no longer think they are by any means certain to go down.

I’ve estimated a two point range for each club involved.
I see us beating Altringham & Barrow and drawing with Chester, Bromley & Guiseley – for 47 points – beat Chester or Guiseley and it’s 49.
I think 49 will be enough but 47 may not be.
These estimates include us beating Altringham and not losing to Guiseley. If we don’t get those results we are likely to go down.
It will go to the last game but hopefully we’ll be ahead of Guiseley and only need a draw.

Boreham Wood 48 – 50
Halifax 47 - 49
Torquay 47 - 49
Altringham 46 - 48
Guiseley 44 -46
Welling
Kidderminster
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Well, I never expected to get anything out of today so my prediction of 47 points remains. It will certainly be a white knuckle ride to the end of the season but 47 should keep us up I feel.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint