Fans Forum - Wednesday 30th September

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

George wrote: Exactly what i expected got said then.
Oh good! Glad to see you've admitted to being less than honest about the financial situation at our club in your previous posts, if you knew this before.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Thanks forever. I am grateful for your post. This last cluster of posts demonstrates I feel that there is still confusion about the position. I do think it is costing the club and its supporters in a variety of ways. I do ask the club if they can issue a statement clarifying the position.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It would be wrong to put out a statement before everything is signed and sealed. Rumours will always spread in this day and age, but if talks are nearing completion then you shouldn't have long to wait though.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I had a disagreement going on another thread about ownership of the ground and said I would contact TUST. They replied and one of the reasons why it would be beneficial for TUST to won the ground is that there are vultures circulating to get the ground cheap. These parasites, cant stand people like that, and intentionally trying to undermine people and situations for their own greed, disgusting. P8ss off mushroom!!!

Added in 1 minute 23 seconds:
Neal wrote:I had a disagreement going on another thread about ownership of the ground and said I would contact TUST. They replied and one of the reasons why it would be beneficial for TUST to own the ground is that there are vultures circulating to get the ground cheap. These parasites, cant stand people like that, and intentionally trying to undermine people and situations for their own greed, disgusting. P8ss off mushroom!!!
Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Neal wrote:I had a disagreement going on another thread about ownership of the ground and said I would contact TUST. They replied and one of the reasons why it would be beneficial for TUST to own the ground is that there are vultures circulating to get the ground cheap. These parasites, cant stand people like that, and intentionally trying to undermine people and situations for their own greed, disgusting. P8ss off mushroom!!!
TUST MEMBER
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

forevertufc wrote:I'm not sure why. I just watched every minute that video, the board clearly stated their original investment remains untouched, the money in players fund is untouched, and the NL board excpeted their financial plan for the season.

That's all we need to know, and suggests our recent scaremongering new posters, were clearly talking right out from where the sun does not shine. Our football club is not going bust next week, or the week after.
Why is the money in the player fund untouched? Surely the point of this idea is to use the money to improve the team rather than stash it away for a rainy day.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

tommyg wrote: Why is the money in the player fund untouched? Surely the point of this idea is to use the money to improve the team rather than stash it away for a rainy day.
I would hazard a guess at there only being enough to pay a month or twos wages so far and so they are unable to touch it until there is enough to pay at least a 6 month contract for a player. No player is going to sign when there future is dependent on how fluch the fans are feeling from week to week.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

tommyg wrote: Why is the money in the player fund untouched? Surely the point of this idea is to use the money to improve the team rather than stash it away for a rainy day.
It is a bit baffling, given how piss poor the current squad is and the lack of experience we have in the squad. Haven't watched the video yet, surely it's just a bit of poorly worded explanation rather than stated policy?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The players fund is shy of 9k. A grand effort thus far but as Phil says not enough to bring a full time pro in for six months yet. Nico has stated he wants to see if the answers are in house and once he identifies what he is lacking (if anything) then perhaps we can utilise this but once it grows to a level where it can fund a senior pro there is no point pissing it up against the wall on (for example) gamble loans.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Richinns wrote:The players fund is shy of 9k. A grand effort thus far but as Phil says not enough to bring a full time pro in for six months yet. Nico has stated he wants to see if the answers are in house and once he identifies what he is lacking (if anything) then perhaps we can utilise this but once it grows to a level where it can fund a senior pro there is no point pissing it up against the wall on (for example) gamble loans.

Ah that makes a good deal of sense. Quite impressed by £9k, not Grimsby levels but given the small fan base that's pretty good.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I thibk if we can get to 15k by January, we will then see it be used. That's a 30k a year player for 6 months.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The Players' Fund must be used sensibly. I'm just glad that those who wish to see the Players' Fund immediately frittered away are not in charge of the club..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

For me the fact the club hasn't dipped into the players fund, is sign that the club does not have financially prop up the current squad, which something that had crossed my mind. Agreed, just shy of £9k is good effort for our fan base, and it should only be used when there's genuinely to fund a decent player.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Yep I agree with that.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Does anybody know how much the standing orders add up to? I think there needs to be a bit more transparency on this subject like a running total or target which may encourage more fans to contribute.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I certainly agree with that as well. I realise it is early days but the new regime do need to up their P.R. work as they can.