Thanks for the memories

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Deary me!! You can change your, job, your house, your bank, your insurance provider, your car, your partner, but you can NEVER change your football team! How many claim to 'leave'. I do recall Brucie said he was off and was posting a week later. Amazes me people will leave their football team. Grow a pair of b*llocks mate.
We'll be back...
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

This, and Andy leaves the board every other month. You can change your football team when you're 7. But when you're invested as much time, effort and funds into the club as we all have, you can't change your team. Perhaps Andy, if you read this and you do come back, if you posted less frequently and less b*llocks you might enjoy the board more?
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

You don't choose your club your club chooses you...
We'll be back...
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Cameron

Post by torkie_buoy »

sam_ wrote:You don't choose your club your club chooses you...
I'd agree with this, it makes sense to support a club that's part of your heritage/home town. Anyone who says I support such and such "because my cousins from there", is ludicrous! Support your local community!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

torkie_buoy wrote: I'd agree with this, it makes sense to support a club that's part of your heritage/home town. Anyone who says I support such and such "because my cousins from there", is ludicrous! Support your local community!
dont talk wet.

you can support who you want. doesnt matter where you live or anything else.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

sam_ wrote:You don't choose your club your club chooses you...
I think you are getting confused with a kitten or a puppy!

Too much sun.
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by torkie_buoy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: dont talk wet.

you can support who you want. doesnt matter where you live or anything else.
I'm not saying you can't support anyone, because you can. But it just baffles me when people support teams they may not even watch in the flesh in their lives. I too have a premier league side I'd prefer to see win, and a Spanish one too- doesnt mean I support them, I haven't watched either in person. As I said, "it makes sense" to support your local club.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

:goodpost:
We'll be back...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

torkie_buoy wrote: I'm not saying you can't support anyone, because you can. But it just baffles me when people support teams they may not even watch in the flesh in their lives. I too have a premier league side I'd prefer to see win, and a Spanish one too- doesnt mean I support them, I haven't watched either in person. As I said, "it makes sense" to support your local club.
so, by your "rationale" even if you actually live in Torquay, and if you havnt seen them play, you cant support them?

oh, but hang on, you can support them because you are "local".....

you dont actually have to have seen your team play to support them sunshine.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

On that note is BT doing Conference matches for 2014/5? I think it was a 2 year deal?
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

DerbyshireGull wrote:Bobby93: Met him at Wycombe and although I can't pinpoint any of his particular posts I understand that he is rallying round the fans and trying to produce a new fanzine called The Road to Hele. He is getting off his arse and willing to give up his own time to promote the club he loves by producing a fanzine for Torquay fans. I think that deserves a round of applause and it is a damn sight more than a lot of others are doing. Respect Bobby and I hope the fanzine kicks off for you. Sadly I can't help anymore as I promised because I don't support Torquay. I'm sure you'll understand. Speak to Ben, he drinks that yellow stuff in tins.
I suspect you won't read this but I understand. Do what you gotta do man, it was nice to meet you at Wycombe.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Depends how you're defining "support"

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by torkie_buoy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: so, by your "rationale" even if you actually live in Torquay, and if you havnt seen them play, you cant support them?

oh, but hang on, you can support them because you are "local".....

you dont actually have to have seen your team play to support them sunshine.
How do you even call that "support"? A general consensus to supporting a club is you watch the games, keep up with news and stick with it, even when it doesn't go so well. Not watching any games but being local is surely not supporting a club, that'd be the extra 2/300 that turn up when we're in the play offs, kind of "support". And I'm pretty sure not seeing a team play at all pretty well says that you're not really supporting a side old man.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

steady on ! I was 'in exile' for several seasons, either living too far away or too broke to get to games. That doesn't stop me being a 'lifelong' supporter though. Back in the day, we didn't have mobile phones or text alerts or Twitter (doesn't bear thinking about does it ? :rofl: :rofl: ); there were years in my life when there wasn't even a television in my house ! Had to go out & buy a newspaper to get the results ! But I'm a Ministander through & through, & been back for a while now. If you're a supporter, you follow the team's fortunes.or .more usually in this case, misfortunes, & do what you can. TTID
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

torkie_buoy wrote: How do you even call that "support"? A general consensus to supporting a club is you watch the games, keep up with news and stick with it, even when it doesn't go so well. Not watching any games but being local is surely not supporting a club, that'd be the extra 2/300 that turn up when we're in the play offs, kind of "support". And I'm pretty sure not seeing a team play at all pretty well says that you're not really supporting a side old man.
you dont have to watch games - there are several posters on here that support the club in different ways, whether they are local or not.

so it seems that you are also saying that all our exiles - for example those stateside or down under dont have the "right" to support TUFC because they dont see them play?

not only are you talking wet, but you are out to lunch and clueless.

TUST Member 468