Torquay United v Morecambe - 4/1/14

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

players will be keen to impress the new boss, who will most likely be watching! expecting a better performance than usual, hopefully we won't lose!
The gulls are going up
ArnhemGull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by ArnhemGull »

I was @ Plainmoor for the game against Exeter. Hated the loss, but loved the club straight away! Bought myself a jersey and wear it with pride in my hometown! I will defenately be back. Good luck to the Gulls tomorrow, keep up the faith!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think we might win tomorrow. There will certainly be a lightening of the atmosphere amongst the players, certainly the pre-Knill ones at least, the ones with Torquay blood, as Martin Ling out it.

The recalling of the loan players, is almost a statement that those at the club disagreed with Knill on his policy...it is almost like 'the wicked witch is dead...' from wizard of oz. Whether it is a case of letting the munchkins run wild, who knows?

My team would be

Poke
O'Connor
Pearce
Downes
Nicholson/Cruise
(possibly Nicholson, just for the change and occasion and particularly if Cruise not fully fit...not sure Cruise is a massive improvement and the last time Nicholson was dropped for a while and then came back - albeit 3 years ago - he was transformed, and so were we.)
Bodin
Mansell
Lathrope
Mozika
Chapell
Stockley

Yeoman may be back but he wouldn't get near my team just yet.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ArnhemGull wrote:I was @ Plainmoor for the game against Exeter. Hated the loss, but loved the club straight away! Bought myself a jersey and wear it with pride in my hometown! I will defenately be back. Good luck to the Gulls tomorrow, keep up the faith!

Good man

Your support will always be welcomed.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

hector wrote:I think we might win tomorrow. There will certainly be a lightening of the atmosphere amongst the players, certainly the pre-Knill ones at least, the ones with Torquay blood, as Martin Ling out it.

The recalling of the loan players, is almost a statement that those at the club disagreed with Knill on his policy...it is almost like 'the wicked witch is dead...' from wizard of oz. Whether it is a case of letting the munchkins run wild, who knows?

My team would be

Poke
O'Connor
Pearce
Downes
Nicholson/Cruise
(possibly Nicholson, just for the change and occasion and particularly if Cruise not fully fit...not sure Cruise is a massive improvement and the last time Nicholson was dropped for a while and then came back - albeit 3 years ago - he was transformed, and so were we.)
Bodin
Mansell
Lathrope
Mozika
Chapell
Stockley

Yeoman may be back but he wouldn't get near my team just yet.
Yes - not often we agree Hector but this looks like the way I would go too.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes agree this might be the team - I think Cruise will keep his place though. It is a must win game though. we simply have to get the points tomorrow.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

May be wet and heavy underfoot but the weather looks reasonable for the game. After the manager's departure it's a new situation for everyone at the club but especially the players. We should, all of us if humanly possible, get up to Plainmoor and give the lads our full support. Let's begin the new era with a big crowd and a great attacking game and a convincing win.
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ArnhemGull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by ArnhemGull »

Richinns wrote:
Good man

Your support will always be welcomed.
Thanks! And until next time! Get the goals in today!!!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've been thinking about Manse and Nicho, two TUFC legends, having seen Nicholson suggested for inclusion in today's team. If he is in the team following Alan Knill's departure I would hope it's purely on footballing merit and fitness, as there must be no sentiment in professional football. Same goes for Mansell. If their regular playing days are indeed coming to an end, their contributions to football will lie in other avenues.

Either way, we must wish them both all the very best, and a big win for the lads today.. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The match is definitely on..!! Let's get up there. Big crowd (over 3000!), big win for the Gulls..!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Gullscorer wrote:The match is definitely on..!! Let's get up there. Big crowd (over 3000!), big win for the Gulls..!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
More chance of Hell freezing over! ;-)
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

Just over 2200 id say.

If Knill was still in charge it would of been 1700 - 1800
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

vinny wrote:Just over 2200 id say.
If Knill was still in charge it would of been 1700 - 1800
Would have been..
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

And that as well......

Im blaming my 7 yr old girl for my poor english. Pestering me......is the game on/off