FA Cup 4th Round - Torquay United vs Crawley Town

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Modgull wrote:This shows that we are not favourites for Saturday's game - just hope they have picked up some injuries or suspensions!
What, because they turned over a not very good Conference side, at home? Do me a favour. I don't necessarily disagree (nor do I necessarily agree) with your conclusion, just the manner in which you arrived at it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Personally I can't think of a single occasion when a side from a lower division has ever started as favourites in a one-off game away from home.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

tktufc91 wrote:Crawley are the form team, haven't conceded a goal in three matches, scoring five in the process.

We on the other hand, can't seem to keep a clean sheet to save our lives at the moment, if only we could recreate our clean sheet run from the start of the season.

However, I feel a passionate speech coming!

THIS IS THE FA CUP WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!

Form books go right out the window, who cares if their favourites to win, we thrive on being the underdog, just ask Blackpool and Yeovil from their past FA Cup experiences with us.

Anything can happen, we're at home, their away. Plainmoor looks like it may be full or near abouts, if the fans get behind our team with non-stop singing and support from minute one to ninety and turn Plainmoor into a fortress, then who knows, we could be going to Old Trafford in Round 5 and possibly even further.

We may never get a better chance to get to the 5th round, imagine Torquay in the 5th Round of the FA Cup with the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs still left in the hat. :O

If I didn't have work commitments, I would have gone, however I will be cheering the lads on via the interweb and on dotnet, going for a 2-1 win.

We've waited a long time for our deserved pay day against one of the bigger premier league clubs, could it be that by Sunday evening our time will finally come........

Good luck to both teams, I have no hatred towards Crawley supporters, just the two idiots who are managing their club. :evil:

YELLOW ARMY!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
If you are sufficiently lax at your job that you can afford to sit for 90 mins on DotNet or Gullsplayer, surely you're available to come to Plainmoor? Either way, you're useless to your company for the duration. :)

Matt.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

ferrarilover wrote: If you are sufficiently lax at your job that you can afford to sit for 90 mins on DotNet or Gullsplayer, surely you're available to come to Plainmoor? Either way, you're useless to your company for the duration. :)

Matt.

:Oops:

I usually finish around 1 or 2pm on a Saturday so thankfully I can get back home and get Gullsplayer on. If I could get down there I would, but I don't think I can drive from Littlehampton to Torquay in 2 hours......although I have done it in 3.5 hours before........
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Having GoogleMaps'd the route, not even I will rib you about needing a faster car. That's one monster journey, not so much in distance, but there is just NO easy route. Do you do the scenic coastal route and do 180 miles, or go to the motorway and do 250, Devil, meet my friends; Deep, Blue and Sea. Don't even think about the 303, not unless you LIKE caravans.

Matt.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I always take the scenic route, past Ringwood, Dorchester, Bridport and Honiton, don't think I've ever gone a different way since I've started driving to Devon.

I wish there was a motorway going all the way down, would make my life so much easier, I always seem to get stuck behind fuel tankers and lorries and caravans on the single carriageway roads :evil:

Although I always leave very early whenever I go and watch a match. Leave home at 6 and get to my grandparents house by 9.30 with a stop for breakfast, which isn't bad considering I drive a 10 year old Toyota Yaris. If I leave later than that, it can vary, but 4, 4.5 hours is usually the norm for me.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Good route, I used to go back to Hampshire that way. Except one night, when I simply forgot to turn off for the 303 at Exeter and it wasn't until I got to the split level bit at Bristol that I realised my mistake, ended up going along the M4 to Reading, then down. 175 mile journey turned into 250 and it took fecking ages!
I guess your job doesn't facilitate for a helicoter?

Matt.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Good route, I used to go back to Hampshire that way. Except one night, when I simply forgot to turn off for the 303 at Exeter and it wasn't until I got to the split level bit at Bristol that I realised my mistake, ended up going along the M4 to Reading, then down. 175 mile journey turned into 250 and it took fecking ages!
I guess your job doesn't facilitate for a helicoter?

Matt.
That's just Helen Chamberlain methinks, might ask if I can get a lift while she's at it!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

ferrarilover wrote:Having GoogleMaps'd the route, not even I will rib you about needing a faster car. That's one monster journey, not so much in distance, but there is just NO easy route. Do you do the scenic coastal route and do 180 miles, or go to the motorway and do 250, Devil, meet my friends; Deep, Blue and Sea. Don't even think about the 303, not unless you LIKE caravans.

Matt.
And don't go there either! :(
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Let's just make sure we get behind the boys 100% on Saturday and sing our hearts out for the lads! Needs to be a hard place to come for Crawley. COYY!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

As far as I can see their last nine goals (I may be wrong and it may be more) have come from inside the pen area. So keep Branston on Tubbs and keep them out of the area, job done! I mean it's not as if we ever sit back late on in games is it?

It's easy this football management thingy.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

ferrarilover wrote:Having GoogleMaps'd the route, not even I will rib you about needing a faster car. That's one monster journey, not so much in distance, but there is just NO easy route. Do you do the scenic coastal route and do 180 miles, or go to the motorway and do 250, Devil, meet my friends; Deep, Blue and Sea. Don't even think about the 303, not unless you LIKE caravans.

Matt.
I though foul language was banned on this forum !
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

Dave_Pougher wrote: I though foul language was banned on this forum !
ha ha dave that made me titter i make the bloody things here in costa del hull :)
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

You should be ashamed of yourself Hully. :O

Making the things that wreak havoc on the roads of Devon from you Northern outpost...

I bet sales in Crawley are high.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

yellow wrote:You should be ashamed of yourself Hully. :O

Making the things that wreak havoc on the roads of Devon from you Northern outpost...

I bet sales in Crawley are high.
ha ha ha ha yellow, i send my apologies lol,so when you see a swift van,and your stuck behind it,dont be to mad ha ha ha :rofl: