Torquay Run out -Entrance songs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

We are Torquay United we run out to A Banda (or should do).
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Agree that A Banda is our tune. It's good to be individual, and I'm sure that is unique for a football team to run out to.

I've thought for sometime that Muse - Feeling Good should be in our pre-match play list though. And it's especially appropriate right now...

"It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And i'm feeling good..."
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We should not confine ourselves to any one tune, the choice of which on any particular match day should be appropriate to the occasion, the cup competition, the league position, or the opposition..
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

should be Tubthumping by Chumbawumba....................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gullscorer wrote:We should not confine ourselves to any one tune, the choice of which on any particular match day should be appropriate to the occasion, the cup competition, the league position, or the opposition..
Correct!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

And I'm not sure about Muse, I love them as a band but are they not City fans?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Then we'll have to have Nina Simone do it instead.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Don't know the history of a Banda in regards to TUFC, but do think it's really distinct and actually a pretty cool song to walk out to, I'd get behind this if it were used!
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Run out to A Banda and choose the end of the match song to suit the mood.
TUST number 080
alecalec
New Signing
New Signing

Post by alecalec »

A Banda would be historical and nice to stay true to aspects of the past. Don't think anyone else uses it. Good choice I think.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

alecalec wrote:A Banda would be historical and nice to stay true to aspects of the past. Don't think anyone else uses it. Good choice I think.
No no no no.. That sounds far too lightweight. You might just as well play the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. What we need something which conveys a sense of unstoppable force and invincibility.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

I'm going to be controversial here and say that A Banda is the most uninspiring music I have heard in a long time. OK, I can see the appeal that it once had.............in the nineteen bleedin sixties. It sounds like it belongs on a Carry On soundtrack. :~D

We need a tune with passion, drive and beat. Something that will get everyone going, players and fans alike. Something simple that we can all join in and sing to.

I know I have mentioned this before, but we can't do any worse than Chelski's Liquidator.

Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Given that most supporters can't or won't sing, perhaps something like this is all that's needed: or this: :-D
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote:I'm going to be controversial here and say that A Banda is the most uninspiring music I have heard in a long time. OK, I can see the appeal that it once had.............in the nineteen bleedin sixties. It sounds like it belongs on a Carry On soundtrack. :~D

We need a tune with passion, drive and beat. Something that will get everyone going, players and fans alike. Something simple that we can all join in and sing to.

I know I have mentioned this before, but we can't do any worse than Chelski's Liquidator.

The problem being, as you point out, it's Chelsea's song.

Some here seem determined that the song should be 'inspiring', and ideally it would be. But I'd argue the players probably aren't relying on the song for inspiration. In fact they probably barely notice it at all. If we're relying on a song to get the players fired up, we are in trouble.

Of primary importance to me is that it's unique, and can be immediately associated with TUFC.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Big fan of A Banda