Lack of goals

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Change the record!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Right that's it, f*cking had it arguing the toss like f*cking schoolkids on here. You just keep on posting nicey nicey crap ALL THE TIME and having zero opinions either way on anything. You call ME boring?! Are you programmed mate because you never say anything that you REALLY feel. Do you have any passion inside you, any anger, desire, umphh, anything that gets you fired up? If you do we never see it. I've been agreeing with you for the most part on lots of things too. Lets all have it off with the players and manager becuase they are beyond reproach. If you were brought up where i was sunshine you'd learn how to do a job properly or you'd get a good beating and no money. Just because i have old fashioned values and a simplistic way of looking at things i'm a moaner. Well if people didn't moan mate then nowt would get done anywhere. If we all accepted things all the time they we become sheep . I accept that if i moan on here, nobody of any authority who can take any action about my complaints is ever gonna read it so it's pointless really so i've just had it, just turn the other cheek mate if you're ever inadvertently introduced to me. People with no backbone don't deserve my acknowledgement. No attention seeking this time, i've f*cking had it. Have a good life all.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Andy, I know you wear your heart on your sleeve but that's a pretty juvenile response just because someone doesn't share your need to ridicule our Manager. I'm with Nick on how he sees things could be improved, it's hardly like he is trying to act as Martin Lings number one fan.

It's a long season and I have every faith that in the end he will see us to a respectable position despite the budget constraints.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Just getting this in now. Not going to do a full reply now as I've got to be up at half 5 tomorrow but ill edit this when I get some time.

EDIT: Can't really be bothered to go into a full on reply but I'm going to ease off for a bit I think, I'm out.
LukeGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by LukeGull »

I understand Andy's passion. Yes we are in a good position at the moment and yes things could be so much worse, but if we continue the way we're heading then things are going to be a hell of a lot of worse. Why don't we try other tactics, out of this world tactics like playing two up front? Yes, I'm no manager, but can certainly see when things need a change. If playing with more attacking tactics doesn't work then I will be the first to hold my hand up and admit I was wrong and we're doomed to forever play with our backs against the wall then so be it. Until that day though, why not moan and express what you think needs to be changed, because without it everyone will still be of the idea that all is well and 'we're only just outside the play offs'. I will always support the club as best as I can, never boo them like has been happening recently, but I would just like to see a bit of change when things aren't going our way. In no way does this mean getting rid of players/management etc, just a change in tactics.
Anyway, I can't go to the match at York, but just hope that we aren't stuck with 10 players behind the ball all game, just hoofing it up to Rene and praying he can score.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I respect your opinion Dave, and i know i'm an annoying cock a lot of the time with a lot of moaning responses but i have a strong, stubborn sense of what i believe to be right or wrong and often i feel i am posting really fair, valid and obvious points and struggle to comprehend how anyone could think any different. I get frustrated mate if i'm honest and whilst i'm not saying i'm right and other people are wrong it just f*cks me off sometimes and i haven't got the temperament for it. Nick is entitled to his views and it was disingenuous of me to have a go at him for posting them and i suppose i must apologise but i can't do it anymore. It gets me angry and i don't want to be like that. It's just me, i'm a normal decent bloke but have a different background to many on here i presume and it gets in the way. I'm in touch with a few of you on facebook and i'll contact some of you for when i make trips to Plainmoor and obviously i'll be amongst the singers at away games hooked up with ben and all the others, danny, alex, dom, etc. Torquay will always be my passion whatever and i'll keep checking this forum but i won't be posting any more comments, just prediction league and man of the match voting. I've enjoyed it, it's been great but as Luke cambgull said, i make far too many random posts so at least it will reduce the amount of crap on the forum. Cheers Dave anyway, you're a good bloke and may meet you one day hopefully.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
the real yellow
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: howe

Post by the real yellow »

andy i actually value your opinions on here you talk sense and as i know you go to games you should say how you feel that is what debate is about. I actually think that mr ling is making a total pigs ear of this season the way we are playing is simply not entertainment and b4 people start crowing i havent missed a game home or away. We seam like a rudderless ship players who have performed very well in previous seasons are simply under performing mansell nicco oastler are just not doing it. Hovever the club is skint its run well but there simply isnt the money for wholesale changes to the playing squad. So martin is correct we have to deal with it and go with the squad we have as there isnt the finance to improve player personel.

However the trick now would be to get back to basics 4 4 2 must be played help rene out and employ a more ridgid structure to our game i think the loss of morris is actually being felt more than people would like to admit and we have been unfortuate to lose macklin at a time where the lad looked capable of cermenting a first team place. Also i would consider moving oastler to left back bringing leadbitter in and giving nico a spell on the bench his confidence looks totally shot. craig must play centrally with lathrope mansell also needs time out bodin play wide left thompson wide right howe and jarvis up top and see how it goes. Ime not calling for managerial change just managerial balls and have the guts to drop the so called fans favourates try something new you never know martin it just might work.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I don't have a lot of input on the forums but KEEP POSTING ANDY I agree with a lot of what you say as do probably many other people, plus the forum is a lot livelier when you post. :)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:I respect your opinion Dave, and i know i'm an annoying cock a lot of the time with a lot of moaning responses but i have a strong, stubborn sense of what i believe to be right or wrong and often i feel i am posting really fair, valid and obvious points and struggle to comprehend how anyone could think any different. I get frustrated mate if i'm honest and whilst i'm not saying i'm right and other people are wrong it just f*cks me off sometimes and i haven't got the temperament for it. Nick is entitled to his views and it was disingenuous of me to have a go at him for posting them and i suppose i must apologise but i can't do it anymore. It gets me angry and i don't want to be like that. It's just me, i'm a normal decent bloke but have a different background to many on here i presume and it gets in the way. I'm in touch with a few of you on facebook and i'll contact some of you for when i make trips to Plainmoor and obviously i'll be amongst the singers at away games hooked up with ben and all the others, danny, alex, dom, etc. Torquay will always be my passion whatever and i'll keep checking this forum but i won't be posting any more comments, just prediction league and man of the match voting. I've enjoyed it, it's been great but as Luke cambgull said, i make far too many random posts so at least it will reduce the amount of crap on the forum. Cheers Dave anyway, you're a good bloke and may meet you one day hopefully.

teddy out of the cot again ............ :no: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Andy, it's what a forum is all about, differing opinions no matter what your background is just how a forum works. Give me someone like yourself who at least tries to explain how he feels over someone like brucie any day of the week.

Have a beer and take a deep breath and then come back and try again ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
LukeGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by LukeGull »

Yeah, Andy's post are at times out of the ordinary but they are always brilliant. Before I signed up, I would always read the posts and Andy's are often what keeps the forum alive. Without them and some others, this forum would likely be dead between games. I hope you have a change of thought and do keep on posting. I think more people agree with what you post than you think, I'm one of them :). I'm also getting a bit annoyed with the attitude that we're only little Torquay, because that hasn't stopped us in recent years.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totaly agree Dave S/G and Lukegull, Andy come on mate don't go down this road again football forums can be a great place to be, meet new people make new friends, however when you share your opinions and thoughts in public you will find some will not agree with you, your honest and fight your corner fair play.

What has made a very succsessful forum is it is full of different opinions and no one is sent to the tower for posting some thing remotely negative or seen to be against the club, for this forum to continue being one of the most active around league 2 which it is, it needs lots of diverse opinions and those with different posting styles, including Brucie.

I agree with alot of what you have said of late Andy so just keep on posting, Luke totaly agree this we are little old Torquay attitude doesn't wash with me, I fully get we are working with limited funds however there are some clubs doing better than us that have no more of a pot to piss in than we do.
Formerly known as forevertufc
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Andy, it's what a forum is all about, differing opinions no matter what your background is just how a forum works. Give me someone like yourself who at least tries to explain how he feels over someone like brucie any day of the week.

Have a beer and take a deep breath and then come back and try again ;-)

Mmmm you put that so well Dave...I might start posting again! :~D
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

COME BACK PLEASE ANDY!!! I don't post often, but read this forum constantly. Your match day reports, opinions, banter and especially your humour are all the main reasons I keep logging on. (Ferrarilover is quite entertaining too).
Sleep on it and come back to YOUR fan base. We miss you already! :'(
HG
TUST member 077
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Does Andy suffer from the Bi-Polars...? Some of his posts are manic and some are depressing! But they are always among the most readable and interesting, and superior to many of the posts on this forum, including my own!

Get well soon, Andy...!! :-D