Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

AdrianC wrote: 26 May 2024, 15:58 Re the players mentioned above:

• McGavin, I’ve said before has talent, is capable of spraying great passes and certainly has an eye for goal, but he’s a luxury player that would look good in a good side where others can do the running for him. Unfortunately last season we couldn’t carry such a luxury.

• Stobbs was good early on but faded. Is this a case of him being disgruntled in a poor side or actually it’s his personality and the reason why he’s not played regularly at a higher level club. If he’s prone to lazy spells, not what W and W will want!

• Jarvis good luck to him, he’s done well for us, but as we know his goal acting record prior to that wasn’t very good.

• Lapslie (apologies is he under contract?) if not, can we help with his rehabilitation but not offer wages as he won’t be playing.
Fully agree and yes luxury players were not needed in a relegation fight . We move forward with a whole new squad with certainly an option of strikers on the bench.
How refreshing would this be !
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

MoxGull2502 wrote: 26 May 2024, 13:40 Apologies if wrong but thought I read on other site, no fees while any club is in administration. I might be wrong,
If he was on 2 year and many here and on other site have said 3 how much do you think he is worth ?
In the spirit of fairness and honesty, I'm NOT saying that anything I've posted or about to post is 100% correct either. Lets deal with the 2 year/3 year contract first, think a lot have been posting about Mcgavin being on a 3 year contract because it's stated on a transfer market website as such, I firmly to the point of saying I'm 99.9 % certain this information is incorrect, and there's plenty of evidence some which I've cited in above posts that would suggest McGavin was only on a 2 year deal.

I've read through the posts on the BPTIR, no where does it suggest a player under contract can leave for free whilst a club is under administration and player embargo, forgive if I'm wrong. To me a club under embargo not being able to transfer in a player, not being able to offer an existing player a contract extension, or offer a player out of contract a new deal, is understandable and makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make any sense what so ever, is a player under contract, in which case the club in administration would own that players FA registration and that player would be listed as an asset on the clubs balance sheet regardless of any value being allowed to leave, without a formal transfer agreement, or any fees/compensation paid where applicable, can't imagine any administrator being happy about that, as we all know their job is to secure the best deal for the creditors.

In the case of McGavin, as said I firmly believe he's not under contract for next season, however if he was say, being it he is 24 and has been a first team regular, whilst I don't know what he'd be worth, I expect there to be some nominal value.
Formerly known as forevertufc
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

I'd keep McGavin. He's not the best, but has ability that you rarely see in players with his ball striking skill. He's only young and can improve.

Lapslie, Ive has enough of his remonstrating with the referee, rather than organising his team.

Stobbs needs to improve.

Keep Archer. He's a threat going forward and works hard.

I would be inclined to keep only 5 or six players and build from there.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Booth, Ash. Tomlinson, Archer and Hall maybe taken on for next season? All others will surely depart?
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Wolborough wrote: 26 May 2024, 18:42 Booth, Ash. Tomlinson, Archer and Hall maybe taken on for next season? All others will surely depart?
Surely Hall has had a season too far already.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Best of luck to McGavin but clearly not a Wotton player

A luxury player we can't afford in the middle of the park, some great goals but not mobile enough
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

Dave wrote: 26 May 2024, 16:27 In the spirit of fairness and honesty, I'm NOT saying that anything I've posted or about to post is 100% correct either. Lets deal with the 2 year/3 year contract first, think a lot have been posting about Mcgavin being on a 3 year contract because it's stated on a transfer market website as such, I firmly to the point of saying I'm 99.9 % certain this information is incorrect, and there's plenty of evidence some which I've cited in above posts that would suggest McGavin was only on a 2 year deal.

I've read through the posts on the BPTIR, no where does it suggest a player under contract can leave for free whilst a club is under administration and player embargo, forgive if I'm wrong. To me a club under embargo not being able to transfer in a player, not being able to offer an existing player a contract extension, or offer a player out of contract a new deal, is understandable and makes perfect sense.

What doesn't make any sense what so ever, is a player under contract, in which case the club in administration would own that players FA registration and that player would be listed as an asset on the clubs balance sheet regardless of any value being allowed to leave, without a formal transfer agreement, or any fees/compensation paid where applicable, can't imagine any administrator being happy about that, as we all know their job is to secure the best deal for the creditors.

In the case of McGavin, as said I firmly believe he's not under contract for next season, however if he was say, being it he is 24 and has been a first team regular, whilst I don't know what he'd be worth, I expect there to be some nominal value.
Appreciate your comments and findings Dave.
I will not be a hypocrite I have never rated him and have voiced this opinion to many .
Rumours of a transfer away in January if true perhaps we should have cashed in .
Not a Wotton player and we move on looking forward to far more exciting times.
COYY
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 26 May 2024, 20:34 Best of luck to McGavin but clearly not a Wotton player

A luxury player we can't afford in the middle of the park, some great goals but not mobile enough
Spot on
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Rumour is Hall has gone, Moxey is player/coach. Archer and Ash retained along with Lovett.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Sounds reasonable, Hall showed versatility last season but we can’t have players missing 20 odd games, same with Lapslie. Moxey looked pretty decent all season (apart from being turned for that goal at Yeovil) and as a player coach should be a win win. Ash scored 14 I think, but with better finishing could have had 20 or more, needs the right player beside him, take it Noble is staying at Yeovil?

So who does that leave from our last squad? Martin just has to be a no, same with Duane. Marshall?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Mcgavin will get another club no doubt about that.

A few rumours about regarding incoming players. Jay Foulston (games for Yeovil last season) on loan from Taunton. He wont be playing in the southern league so looks for all the world he might be coming this way.

Ryan Law - probably an obvious signing.

Cameron Hargreaves (turned down a new contract with Kings Lynn to move closer to home)
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Very best of luck to Asa Hall for his efforts! One of our best in recent years, showed real leadership!
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

brucie wrote: 28 May 2024, 12:34 Mcgavin will get another club no doubt about that.

A few rumours about regarding incoming players. Jay Foulston (games for Yeovil last season) on loan from Taunton. He wont be playing in the southern league so looks for all the world he might be coming this way.

Ryan Law - probably an obvious signing.

Cameron Hargreaves (turned down a new contract with Kings Lynn to move closer to home)
I'm still convinced that both Ryan Law and James Hamon are incoming.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Think you could well be right
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 28 May 2024, 12:34 Cameron Hargreaves (turned down a new contract with Kings Lynn to move closer to home)
Plymouth born Hargreaves makes sense particularly the timing of his departure from Kings Lynn after they made several offers but he decided his future lies elsewhere closer to home.