Southend v Torquay Sat 03/09/22

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I left scratch on the draw and Southend win after the first goal. Then when the second one went in I cashed out for equal profit whatever the final score.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 17:56 Believe it or not I I had a tenner and Torquay at 4/1 before the game. That was based on the huge price we were. I ended up trading out in the game and ended up with £20.

We sounded under the cosh from the commentary but wont dwell on that because the win was huge.
Times must be hard if you call a tenner profit 'huge' 😂
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

:lol: Where did I say it was a huge profit ? I won £20.48 on the game. My total profit on the day was £120.67 actually (see below)

See below for a copy of my betfair account for the last 4 days - you can see that Torquay was the only football match that I bet on. Profit £596.28 for the 4 day period. Not huge but I'm pleased with it.

Glad to see you are as smug as ever but as usual you dont know shite :lol:

Download to Spreadsheet ?
Football: £20.48 |
Horse Racing: £575.80
Total P&L: £596.28
Football
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 markets
Market
Start time Settled date Profit/Loss (£)
Football / Southend v Torquay : Match Odds
03-Sep-22 14:59 03-Sep-22 16:54 20.48

Profit and Loss is shown net of commission.

All times are UKT ? unless otherwise stated.

Betting Profit & Loss enables you to review the bets you have placed. Specify the time period during which your bets were placed, the type of markets on which the bets were placed, and the sport.

Betting Profit & Loss is available online for the past 3 months. Please contact the Helpdesk ? if you need to view your Betting Profit & Loss going back further.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've zero interest in gambling of any nature but nice to see you as snappy as ever

:clap:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

brucie wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 23:32 :lol: Where did I say it was a huge profit ? I won £20.48 on the game. My total profit on the day was £120.67 actually (see below)

See below for a copy of my betfair account for the last 4 days - you can see that Torquay was the only football match that I bet on. Profit £596.28 for the 4 day period. Not huge but I'm pleased with it.

Glad to see you are as smug as ever but as usual you dont know shite :lol:

Download to Spreadsheet ?
Football: £20.48 |
Horse Racing: £575.80
Total P&L: £596.28
Football
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 markets
Market
Start time Settled date Profit/Loss (£)
Football / Southend v Torquay : Match Odds
03-Sep-22 14:59 03-Sep-22 16:54 20.48

Profit and Loss is shown net of commission.

All times are UKT ? unless otherwise stated.

Betting Profit & Loss enables you to review the bets you have placed. Specify the time period during which your bets were placed, the type of markets on which the bets were placed, and the sport.

Betting Profit & Loss is available online for the past 3 months. Please contact the Helpdesk ? if you need to view your Betting Profit & Loss going back further.
A nice return for you.....Congratulations ..and a hard fought victory. :scarf:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Thanks, Very nice of you to say so.

Its trading the in play horse racing markets actually Dave - but I will concede its a form of gambling (although traders normally say otherwise).

Anyway great to get a win. Should enjoy them I'n not sure they will be coming around too often.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We need to sort the midfeld out for
sure. We are just completely ineffective there giving the ball away , not winning it back, not using it purposefully ,lacking pace and drive to make things happen.
I can't imagine Lapslie and Hall will ever be fit enough to start every game so we need to get a couple in.
We need to get some benefit from having Evans now, not just develop him for Cardiff through the season and hand him back. I would play McGavin further forward behind Goodwin and Andrews/Jarvis and try and strengthen centre midfield.

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Highlights

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

Watching the highlights it looks like we played a 442, i know Hanson got the goal but I would like to see lapslie and mcgavin be the 2cms if we are to continue as we do miss his bite, some good football played there but defensive substitutions nearly let Southend get back in the game. Lovett looks a great 2nd choice, Omar looked solid in the highlights and it was good to see evans in the middle of a lot of the good stuff. Andrews got himself a couple chances but he’s clearly quite rusty, hopefully Jarvis is ready to start with Goodwin and maybe we should be in the market for another winger as it seems Dan Martin was deployed there after wyatt, who are both more defensive minded.
1 thing for sure, this team will keep improving.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Southend think they had 68% of the possession and 30 shots but came away with nothing because our 18 yard box was "a sea of yellow"

Excellent strike by Will Goodwin much better goal than reported in my opinion.

The bonus was a fantastic team spirit not to lose and for that alone I have to say "well done lads"
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills

Post by Wubble U »

Biggest problem position for me is right back/right wing back, we only have Crowe who can comfortably play there and he looks at least 1 or 2 divisions below this level.
Every time I've seen him this season he's either out of position or being skinned, conceding goals and chances we can't afford.
Plugging this hole in the team could go a long way to solving the width problems others have quite rightly pointed to.
I wonder how much loan money is left in the budget