Taking the knee.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 18:52 Please enlighten me as to what your left-wing politics has to do with Torquay United.
“My left wing politics”? Stupid arse. interesting that being opposed to a serial & corrupt liar (Johnson) and a flag shagging far right winger (Farage) makes me “left wing”, Jesus wept.
Last edited by gullintwoplaces on 24 Mar 2022, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Eastmid gull wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 19:35 Please enlighten me on how right wing propaganda is…
Exactly.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I wouldn't want to see our players taking the knee - I mean some of them might struggle to get up again afterwards.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 17:57 Indeed, 43% of voters chose “Boris “ Johnson to be Prime Minister, without appearing to know that he is an unprincipled, deceitful, amoral, corrupt slug of a man. Many people were influenced to vote for Brexit by Farage, without appearing to know that Farage is a long term admirer of Putin and a racist and that he had no idea how Brexit would turn out. British people have the political understanding of an average Trump fan.
Spot on :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

brucie wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 21:00 I wouldn't want to see our players taking the knee - I mean some of them might struggle to get up again afterwards.
That's a cracker but scarily true !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 17:57 Indeed, 43% of voters chose “Boris “ Johnson to be Prime Minister, without appearing to know that he is an unprincipled, deceitful, amoral, corrupt slug of a man. Many people were influenced to vote for Brexit by Farage, without appearing to know that Farage is a long term admirer of Putin and a racist and that he had no idea how Brexit would turn out. British people have the political understanding of an average Trump fan.
And some are so brainwashed they believe that politicians serve the interests of the people when in reality they're corporate officers working toward a common goal for....corporations.

Politics, the illusion of choice.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Well there is certainly one particular "party" who that applies too .....quite literally !!!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

'Many people were influenced to vote for Brexit by Farage, without appearing to know that Farage is a long term admirer of Putin and a racist and that he had no idea how Brexit would turn out.'

I could see first hand today how Brexit would turn out - 3 miles of parked HGV's along the M20 in Kent, held up because of customs paperwork. Thank you Farage - an even bigger slug than Johnson. Brexit is an absolute disaster for the UK, no doubt bring a smile to the face of Putin.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I'll repeat my question to 'gullintwoplaces' as apart, from insults, he adopted the politician's stance and didn't answer it.

What has any of Brexit, Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage to do with Torquay United?

It's as relevant as someone in Kyiv posting something as to what formation Torquay United should use in their next match i.e. totally irrelevant.

I won't hold my breath in expectation of a reasoned response judging by their previous utterance.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Glad to report that the knee was not taken against Weymouth.

The gesture has lost its impact and meaning now, it was ok to show support but now it has been over done and is time to dispense with it. That does not mean I think discrimination is ok.