National League | Torquay United Vs Boreham Wood | 14/11/20 | 3pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Chispee

Post by Chispee »

Dunno why Andrews is not brought on when the team is struggling. He. Always brings zest and enthusiasm to the midfield.
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

Horrible conditions and soggy surface, but we never came to terms with it and misplaced so many passes. Not surprising that it was a draw (thanks to a last-minute partial save/clearance off our line) given that BW matches have not produced many goals this season, although it was surprising that BW could only score from an outrageous fluke (from the feet of the most lively player on the pitch). By contrast our smaller players looked unusually subdued and poor at running at defenders; indeed, we were constantly out-muscled and outplayed. We failed to take advantage of the wind in the first half and were remarkably shot-shy.
One of the brightest parts of a very disappointing performance was seeing the confident handling by our reserve keeper, well done SM.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Unfortunately I didn't see the game yesterday but a lot are talking about the fact we failed to take advantage of playing down wind.
As a player I always found it much easier playing into the wind. You would pass low into feet. Down wind, passes are usually over hit and you end up chasing shadows.
I think a draw is a decent result. It was always going to be a hard game against a phySically strong team. Weather conditions couldnt have helped us!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Match highlights...
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Turn the last 2 league results around & every one would've taken a 1-1 draw at Hartlepool & a 5-0 hammering of Boring Wood.
Did we miss an opportunity on sat ?
I dont think we did after that gut wrenching fa cup result I think the lads did well to get a point, that Crawley result could've so easily put a massive dent in our confidence & last year we'd probably have lost the next 3 or 4 fixtures.
This squad has come on leaps & bounds in a short space of time & in all reality we ain't going to win every game, so if you cant win the game just make sure you dont lose it, should be the philosophy & at the business end of the season when the prizes are handed out those odd points will be the difference whether we win the league or not.