East Thurrock v Torquay United PP to 26.2.19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

standupsitdown wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 20:10 Snowing here now so looks as if a sensible decision to call it off today and save wasted journeys.
Because the team stay over night for away fixtures they had already started their trip and spent several hours at Sedgemoor services on the M5 awaiting outcome of pitch inspection.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 07:19 Because the team stay over night for away fixtures they had already started their trip and spent several hours at Sedgemoor services on the M5 awaiting outcome of pitch inspection.
I remember travelling with the club run supporters coach in 1979 to watch us play at Newcastle in the F.A. cup. We got as far as Gordano services, and were informed the match was off. We were told we could return to Torquay, no refunds, or go to London and watch Tottenham v Altrincham. Needless to say we went to White Hart Lane And got our soccer fix watching a 1-1 draw. It just wouldn't happen today! We'd be turned around and that would be that.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Midlandgull wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:37 I feel sorry for you - you travelled from the states, right? At least you saw a 7-2 win last week!
Cheers midland gull. Yes fly back to US tomorrow. And yes chuffed to see the 7-2 win, while playing such great football. Also managed to get friends to part with there cash so we were in the executive box!! Got really well taken care of and the pre-match meal was fantastic.was a special way to watch. Even got to present Andrews wth MOM award. And they gave me a signed football. Absolutely top day.
Sadly Thurrock away was not meant to be. Instead heading to Brentford v Blackburn...
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

grockle wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 10:52 I remember travelling with the club run supporters coach in 1979 to watch us play at Newcastle in the F.A. cup. We got as far as Gordano services, and were informed the match was off. We were told we could return to Torquay, no refunds, or go to London and watch Tottenham v Altrincham. Needless to say we went to White Hart Lane And got our soccer fix watching a 1-1 draw. It just wouldn't happen today! We'd be turned around and that would be that.
I was on that coach as well !! I remember the Spurs fans being o.k with us due to the Colin Lee connection.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Not bad Minneapolis -16 goals in your two games!
Luckily it seems you have missed the polar vortex
too - timed that trip well
So 3G pitches are unplayable due to weather sometimes as well (Oxford-Woking) or was is another reason ?
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

desperado wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 17:28 Not bad Minneapolis -16 goals in your two games!
So 3G pitches are unplayable due to weather sometimes as well (Oxford-Woking) or was is another reason ?
Apparently, you can not brush the snow off! Also state of terraces/surrounding areas now taken into account.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

desperado wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 17:28 Not bad Minneapolis -16 goals in your two games!
Yes another great game shame it was not watching Torquay score another 5 ! But beggars cannot be choosers!!
16 goals in two games can anybody else beat that?
Return to Minneapolis tomorrow and temps seem more respectable!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Rearranged for Tuesday 26th February
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Another win please!! It's a very long way on the coach from Torquay and Woking have a similarly long trip to Truro tomorrow. Truro seem like a better side on paper so tomorrow night is another opportunity for us but we have to do our job first.

I'll go ET 0-2 TQ
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Yes another win is always good but really to try and get decent breathing space between us and teams below.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Important game tonight. Wealdstone Home to Billericay.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

portugull wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 16:19 Important game tonight. Wealdstone Home to Billericay.
Wealdstone 1-0 up
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

We should be alright tomorrow, after all it is not as if we are having to play the whole of Thurrock.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

United62 wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 20:15 Wealdstone 1-0 up
1-1 now
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Billericay drew 1.1 so hopefully we can increase the gap tomorrow.