FA Cup - Lymington vs Torquay United 22/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

If it is Lydney then get there early. Nonstands and no parking. Tiny little town. My local club.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

If we lose this one then surely it is the end....
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Especially if Lydney have an injury crisis and Mr Burnz gets called up, and comes on and scores the winner
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

If it is Lydney, it will have to be played at Plainmoor or switched elsewhere in Glos.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

No way will it come down here , will be played somewhere up there.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

dennisk wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 12:22 If it is Lydney, it will have to be played at Plainmoor or switched elsewhere in Glos.
Why?

Don't pay any attention to the capacity of 90 on Wikipedia, with fans just standing around the edge of a football field one deep I reckon you could get 1000 or more into a ground.

Lets's not pretend we will take vast numbers to this, 150-200 max I would have thought.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Capacity is set not by how many fans can physically fit into a ground but is based on safety, facilities etc. I'm sure it could be increased from 90 but those fans who misbehaved at Evesham won't have helped.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

desperado wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 11:46 Especially if Lydney have an injury crisis and Mr Burnz gets called up, and comes on and scores the winner
Christ, TUFC will cease to exist if that ever happens. There’s lows, then there’s that.

Never say never ;-)
Last edited by Mr Burnz on 11 Sep 2018, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Burnz »

Jerry wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 12:53 Why?

Don't pay any attention to the capacity of 90 on Wikipedia, with fans just standing around the edge of a football field one deep I reckon you could get 1000 or more into a ground.

Lets's not pretend we will take vast numbers to this, 150-200 max I would have thought.
Be suprised if it is at Lydney should they win. I’m sure there’s got to be a requirement for Turnstiles at this stage of the cup? Also, outside toilets??? Not saying we’d take loads, but Lydney are used to about 30/40 people turning up if they’re lucky.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by dennisk »

Jerry wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 12:53 Why?

I had a look on Google Earth, looks like a recreation ground! But, time will tell. Anyway, here's hoping we beat either Lydney or Lymington and that our supporters behave! COYG
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The attendance at Lydney's qualifying preliminary round reply was 167 and that was on a Tuesday night. I would expect the local plod will have an input in the final decision as to where the match would be played. Incidentally I believe the FA now do not allow the venue to be switched to the away drawn team as was the case a few years ago when Marlow drew Tottenham at home.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by dennisk »

I expect Gary Owers will be at the replay in Lydney. Let's hope he give us an insight into the opposition!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Mr Burnz wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 13:06 Be suprised if it is at Lydney should they win. I’m sure there’s got to be a requirement for Turnstiles at this stage of the cup? Also, outside toilets??? Not saying we’d take loads, but Lydney are used to about 30/40 people turning up if they’re lucky.
Surely any ground requirements would have to be met to initially enter the competition at all? Any club entering the cup has the possibility of going all the way to the final in theory so if they are accepted in the earlier rounds their ground is deemed to be fit to stage a game in any round.

As mentioned by another poster the final decision will be down to the Old Bill I expect.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Walked my dog there hundreds of times. It isn’t a football ground, just a park with a clubhouse and fence around pitch. Nearest decent ground would be Cheltenham or forest green. Evesham also a possibility.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Burnz »

0-0 Half time.

Lymington looking the more likely to score.