New kit on the way?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

He gave an opinion- which is what a forum is for.

You choose to interpret it as bitching and moaning in order to belittle his views (you also refer to his comments as a ‘special’ kind of stupid making it personal). Well done big man.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

It's fine, let's ditch the nickname, move stadium, heck let's move location to London and change names altogether so we have a wider pool of players available. Winning games is more important than all of that, right?!

Bloody ludicrous.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

So – either just support what is happening on the pitch otherwise 'feck off' as you are a ‘special kind of stupid’! Got it!

How is that going by the way? Winning many matches lately are we.......sorry!!!, there is me questioning things again. Let's all just either carry on happy clapping this abysmal period or let’s all do a brucie (as in become a no-show forum troll!).

In honesty the likes of Teigngull and brucie do not bother me as they are what they are but I expected better from forever and if this is the current thinking of a fan whose opinion is often insightful and of value then we really are lost both on and off the field.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I can't be arsed to find the thread(s), but I remember when we changed the name of Plainmoor to the LWS; there was **** anarchy on here. Threats of a boycott, people defiantly banging the drum for heads to roll over such a life-changing decision which chipped away at the very cornerstone of the heritage of our proud club.
That decision made us a few quid and had absolutely no notable downside on the staff (playing or otherwise). It also had no bearing on the fanbase, because we simply kept calling it Plainmoor.

This decision, which actually does affect the fanbase (since we have no practical option but to watch our players wearing the 'wrong' colours and, if we wish to wear a replica shirt, that too will be the 'wrong' colour) and won't make us a penny (might lose us a few quid if we sell fewer replicas) is apparently being met with 'who cares?'.

Who cares is those of us who can see that the property developer who has made this decision (perhaps vicariously, by his pie-munching lapdog) has done so either out of ignorance or laissez-faire, neither of which sound to me likely to produce a favourable outcome for the club and the fans if carried over to other areas.

We are not Burton Albion (although, God help me, I envy their position). We do not play in yellow and black, we play in yellow and blue.

Ask yourselves this: If 'it's just a colour'*, would you be happy to see us turn out in red and white stripes?

Matt.

*The deep, deep irony of people apparently not being bothered by colour while living in a Brexit heartland is making me chuckle.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Matt88 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 13:17 I can't be arsed to find the thread(s), but I remember when we changed the name of Plainmoor to the LWS; there was **** anarchy on here. Threats of a boycott, people defiantly banging the drum for heads to roll over such a life-changing decision which chipped away at the very cornerstone of the heritage of our proud club.
That decision made us a few quid and had absolutely no notable downside on the staff (playing or otherwise). It also had no bearing on the fanbase, because we simply kept calling it Plainmoor.

This decision, which actually does affect the fanbase (since we have no practical option but to watch our players wearing the 'wrong' colours and, if we wish to wear a replica shirt, that too will be the 'wrong' colour) and won't make us a penny (might lose us a few quid if we sell fewer replicas) is apparently being met with 'who cares?'.

Who cares is those of us who can see that the property developer who has made this decision (perhaps vicariously, by his pie-munching lapdog) has done so either out of ignorance or laissez-faire, neither of which sound to me likely to produce a favourable outcome for the club and the fans if carried over to other areas.

We are not Burton Albion (although, God help me, I envy their position). We do not play in yellow and black, we play in yellow and blue.

Ask yourselves this: If 'it's just a colour'*, would you be happy to see us turn out in red and white stripes?

Matt.

*The deep, deep irony of people apparently not being bothered by colour while living in a Brexit heartland is making me chuckle.
:goodpost:

I remember when we used to sing "Gold & Blue, we'll support you ever more"

Colours mean a lot - it's traditional!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I remember when we used to sing "Gold & Blue, we'll support you ever more"

Colours mean a lot - it's traditional!
[/quote]
And in time old tradition our colours were black & white ! Oh the irony :clap:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Hence the statement the club put out a week before the kit was launched. Quoted below for ease.

"Torquay United is pleased to announce that we will release our kit for the 2018/19 season on the 12th July. The kit, which will be manufactured by a small American company called Nike will be predominantly yellow. However, in a break with the more recent colours, we can reveal that the trim will be black. This subtle yet distinctive tribute is designed to invoke memories of the early days of the club, when we were known as the Magpies due to our black and white kit. Replica shirts will be available from July 19th and will be priced at £25 for adults and just £10 for children."

Or, alternatively.

"Torquay United is pleased to announce our new kit. Our owner has never even been to the ground, let alone seen us play. He doesn't even really like football. His right-hand man (that is to say, the man who uses his right hand to wank off goats for the owner's viewing pleasure) doesn't give a toss about the club either and is more interested in when the Chief Medical Officer is going to get back to him about his proposal for steak and kidney to be classed as two of his five-a-day, than he is in whether the fans like the new kit or not. Literally no one employed by Torquay United is aware of our time as The Magpies. Indeed, when asked recently, our Head of Sales admitted that she thought 'Torquay United' was a charity single released in 1987 by the band Bros. We apologise for nothing, plebs."

Are there seriously people here who think we went through a careful design phase, incorporating historical cues to our black and white shirts as opposed to Fatty Harrop simply looking through a catalogue of off-the-shelf kits and picking the first vaguely yellow one he saw? I've some magic beans for sale, if you're interested.

Matt.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Matt88 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 16:29 Hence the statement the club put out a week before the kit was launched. Quoted below for ease.

"Torquay United is pleased to announce that we will release our kit for the 2018/19 season on the 12th July. The kit, which will be manufactured by a small American company called Nike will be predominantly yellow. However, in a break with the more recent colours, we can reveal that the trim will be black. This subtle yet distinctive tribute is designed to invoke memories of the early days of the club, when we were known as the Magpies due to our black and white kit. Replica shirts will be available from July 19th and will be priced at £25 for adults and just £10 for children."

Or, alternatively.

"Torquay United is pleased to announce our new kit. Our owner has never even been to the ground, let alone seen us play. He doesn't even really like football. His right-hand man (that is to say, the man who uses his right hand to wank off goats for the owner's viewing pleasure) doesn't give a toss about the club either and is more interested in when the Chief Medical Officer is going to get back to him about his proposal for steak and kidney to be classed as two of his five-a-day, than he is in whether the fans like the new kit or not. Literally no one employed by Torquay United is aware of our time as The Magpies. Indeed, when asked recently, our Head of Sales admitted that she thought 'Torquay United' was a charity single released in 1987 by the band Bros. We apologise for nothing, plebs."

Are there seriously people here who think we went through a careful design phase, incorporating historical cues to our black and white shirts as opposed to Fatty Harrop simply looking through a catalogue of off-the-shelf kits and picking the first vaguely yellow one he saw? I've some magic beans for sale, if you're interested.

Matt.
Matt. Is it you? Are you back?

As supporters wearing the shirts, TUFC has been associated for the past 60ish years with the yellow and blue kit in many variations.

We do not wish to be mistaken for FGR, Oxford Utd or Burton Albion fans at the motorway services. Mind you, in regional football, I admit that is unlikely!
TUST member 200 ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

In my first 3 seasons supporting the club, we played in White, not yellow, Hasn't the club played in yellow and black before ? Who complained when the final whistle blew at Wembley in happier times, and we'd just won promotion back to the FL beating Cambridge 'The Amber army' playing in, yep an amber kit, because it certainly wasn't yellow, this is the point, it's seriously is minor, trivial details.

Richinns, my comment and post were in no way aimed at you, read it again all you'll see it isn't personally aimed at anyone, however will send you PM, better that way.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 18:42 In my first 3 seasons supporting the club, we played in White, not yellow, Hasn't the club played in yellow and black before ? Who complained when the final whistle blew at Wembley in happier times, and we'd just won promotion back to the FL beating Cambridge 'The Amber army' playing in, yep an amber kit, because it certainly wasn't yellow, this is the point, it's seriously is minor, trivial details.

Richinns, my comment and post were in no way aimed at you, read it again all you'll see it isn't personally aimed at anyone, however will send you PM, better that way.
actually Dave, we were in the White (city link) Kit in the final..... :)
personally, im with you re kits.... we will never have a proper kit again with all the "off the shelf/peg kits" now being made.
if posters are moaning on here about kits, when we had a chance to design one, some still moaned about it.... :rofl:
and if some are here are so desperate for a traditional kit, then buy a replica or an old one off ebay or the like.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Dislike the kits with a passion. Couldn't give a flying one what colours we've played in in the past. Won't be buying one.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

torq2u wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 17:25
Matt. Is it you? Are you back?
*Waves like escaped mental patient*
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

:na: :devil: :whip:
TUST member 200 ;-)
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Not a surprise but a complete disgrace that the kits haven’t been officially launched this close to start of season!!
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Judging by previous comments, no one will be buying one anyway.