Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I had an interesting exchange of views with GB, he seems to think that Exeter would beat us if we played them now, not sure how knowledgeable about the game he really is :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Jo Kuffour now playing for Sutton United - http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... s_id=13388 hard to believe he is 32! It seems like yesterday he was part of the team on that glory day in Southend!
The original taunton_gull!!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Southampton Gull wrote:I had an interesting exchange of views with GB, he seems to think that Exeter would beat us if we played them now, not sure how knowledgeable about the game he really is :)
I've spoken to him about those comments too. He's absolutely certain that we're shit and that Exeter are the vastly superior club and squad. I'm not sure if he has a problem with us or whether he genuinely means it. Either way, we'll never be able to prove it (save for the kindest of FA Cup draws), but I reckon we'd beat City at a canter if we played them today. After much deliberation, I am going to their game today, so I'll be able to report back first hand this evening. They've got no excuses, they're playing at home against a side who haven't won a match since about 1997, if they can't win today, they might as well pack it all in.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We might be shit but they are more shit than we are ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Southampton Gull wrote:We might be shit but they are more shit than we are ;-)
:rofl:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Hawley scored today for Alfreton
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Wait for it ...... let the drums roll ....... DAMON LATHROPE SCORED TONIGHT !!!!!! :clap:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Scott Rendell just got out of Downes' pocket :lol:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

tomogull wrote:Wait for it ...... let the drums roll ....... DAMON LATHROPE SCORED TONIGHT !!!!!! :clap:
Yep, in what was according to Soccerbase his 140th appearance (in all competitions) he finally breaks his duck! :goal:

I know he (Lathrope) has some very good attributes and that quite a few on here felt it was the wrong decision to let him go, or more accurately not try harder to keep him, but when you look at what the likes of Young and Richards have brought to our team in these first ten games with their high energy, tackling and passing game, and then you throw in the SIX goals between them already, I think the decision to allow both Lathrope (and Mansell) to move on to rivals was clearly the right one for us.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

CP Gull wrote: Yep, in what was according to Soccerbase his 140th appearance (in all competitions) he finally breaks his duck! :goal:

I know he (Lathrope) has some very good attributes and that quite a few on here felt it was the wrong decision to let him go, or more accurately not try harder to keep him, but when you look at what the likes of Young and Richards have brought to our team in these first ten games with their high energy, tackling and passing game, and then you throw in the SIX goals between them already, I think the decision to allow both Lathrope (and Mansell) to move on to rivals was clearly the right one for us.
Yes - fully agree CP. I was a fan of Lathrope's game and I thought that Mansell had a lot of unfair 'stick' last season, but if we'd have had Young and Richards last year (and Hargreaves as manager from November) I think we'd still be in Div 2.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote: I've spoken to him about those comments too. He's absolutely certain that we're shit and that Exeter are the vastly superior club and squad. I'm not sure if he has a problem with us or whether he genuinely means it. Either way, we'll never be able to prove it (save for the kindest of FA Cup draws), but I reckon we'd beat City at a canter if we played them today. After much deliberation, I am going to their game today, so I'll be able to report back first hand this evening. They've got no excuses, they're playing at home against a side who haven't won a match since about 1997, if they can't win today, they might as well pack it all in.

Matt.
Branston was on Facebook today STILL saying that he would rather have Exeters squad than ours.

After being asked if he would still have the Shitty squad over ours he said:
Yes mate
Then, when pressed further:
Let's be positive, Torquay are doing very well 10 games but lets not get carried away because it's only 10 games in.

I mean what I said! If torquay get anywhere near the playoffs it's been a good season. No pressure
He doesn't back down when he thinks he's right, I'll give him that - but he's **** crazy if he thinks that shittys squad is better than ours. Ever the greasers think their squad is shit!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I asked Branston if he'd still prefer Exeter's side to ours, his answer was "yes mate." What has happened is Guy has made an assumption before the season even started, realised it is now completely crap but won't admit it. I don't care if it has only been 10 games, Exeter have no money and haven't improved their squad from their poor side of last season. Preferring Exeter to Torquay, despite the league difference, is ludicrous.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Their keeper, Pym, would get into our starting XI and that's it. It's not that Ricey isn't perfectly fine, but Pym is the England U21 first choice. We've got a CB who has the same number of goals as their top scorer. We're 17 goals better off than they are and we've got 3.5 times their points. A division below and having played two more games, granted, but that's a massive chasm in class between the sides, and I know which side comes out on top. Branno knows he's wrong, he's riding it out knowing that it doesn't really matter.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:Their keeper, Pym, would get into our starting XI and that's it. It's not that Ricey isn't perfectly fine, but Pym is the England U21 first choice. We've got a CB who has the same number of goals as their top scorer. We're 17 goals better off than they are and we've got 3.5 times their points. A division below and having played two more games, granted, but that's a massive chasm in class between the sides, and I know which side comes out on top. Branno knows he's wrong, he's riding it out knowing that it doesn't really matter.

Matt.
Pym has appeared for England U20s and played once, so that hardly suggests he is first choice and I think is considered to still be somewhat dodgy by some Grecians.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Labadie scored two for Dagenham & R today - I think they're the first goals he's scored this season. Coulthirst scored for Southend - he's got three or four now. And big Adebayo is still scoring - now playing for AFC Wimbledon.