TUFC.V.BRFC boxing/new years day match thread.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

A steward that walked round the ground went behind and said to another steward macdonald went in for an elbow
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I've Tweeted this and will repeat it here:

7600 Bristolians in the ground and not a single one of them appealed for the pen.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Neal wrote:The refs aren only bad in the conference. your having a laugh!!!! Goto ANY fans forum of ANY club in ANY league and you will see the same moaning, blaming the ref and officials for not being consistent is a past time of all football fans who just cannot stand not winning!

Of course they make mistakes, but they do not single out Torquay Utd, some seasons you get a few more go against you, but it from a statiscal point of view it will work itself out over several seasons. Just like injuries do!
:goodpost:

Spot on Neal.

Anyone watching 'professional refs' in the Prem these past few weeks will see that the overall standard of officiating in ALL divisions in England is horrendous. Those who watch MOTD tonight keep an eye out for Liverpool's penalty decisions and some others. It's every week across the board - not exclusive to Torquay matches.

Having watched all bar one of York's home games this season i can also safely confirm that the refs in league 2 have been absolutely atrocious on nearly every occasion. Our Boxing Day game at Accy saw a York defender harshly sent off for which the crowd were going mental yet the ref somehow missed 2 pretty blatant penalties that Accy should have been given.

On this occasion these inconsistencies occured in the same game but bad decisions go FOR AND AGAINST EVERY team in football, just some sides are seemingly on the wrong end of more.

You just have to be balanced enough to see this and mature enough to accept it................................. =D

Perhaps congratulations for a hard earned point would serve CH and the team best (which to be fair to Brucie he did so - inbetween calling people 'twats' and 'feckin' idiots') and not more anger and rage against something that nobody can change. :scarf:

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!! :scarf: :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Definite penalty and totally needless by your player. Well done,you were as good today as you were poor last week and we were as poor today as we were good last week. I think we deserved a point ...just but couldn't have complained if we had lost 1-0 as we did not really look like scoring today. Your big forward who scored caused us problems and our lack of wingers meant we didn't get behind you enough. I said at the end that was a point gained for us and yet again the curse of playing the same team twice in a week comes off. It is very rare that one team wins both games in the circumstances. Thought it was a good turnout from you lot with the results you have had but the only time we looked like winning the game was after the penalty. Our final pass was always poor today and that was the main difference in the teams. You seemed to want it more and well done but your player was an absolute idiot to get sent off after being booked before. As for Brucie from his armchair blames the officials as usual.You get what you deserve in football and it always evens out over a season.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

it always evens out over a season...............complete rubbish !!

Just interested but if it was at your end would it have been a definate pen to us ??
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular

Post by A Realist »

Dutchgull wrote:it always evens out over a season...............complete rubbish !!

Just interested but if it was at your end would it have been a definate pen to us ??
Agreed. A nonsensical phrase only used by those that benefit from decisions.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

So another game, another red card.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, our card is well and truly marked. We are classed as a dirty team with a terrible disciplinary record. mCDonalds dismissal means another absence just as Downes returns. When will they learn?

On a separate matter, the away following looks quite small from pictures I've seen. Sad what's happening to the club currently.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just back from an enjoyable day out. Our performances seem to be chalk and cheese game by game, today excellent from the team can't fault them for effort, pressed Rovers all over the park, created a few chances mainly in the first half with the wind, struggled playing against it in the second half.

The main pleasing thing to come out of this game was our defending, light years better that anything I've seen all season, barely conceded a chance to Rovers today, but the team have to keep this performance level up and have to defend like that every game, it's no good doing one game in five.

I know Downes has had his critics this season and, at times it's been well deserved, but if were CH I'd be looking at a new contract for him, his experience back does add something to the team, and I feel if we end up with another untried and tested youngster ( cheaper option ) coming to replace Downes we might see our defensive woes only worsen in the long run, Harding also added a bit of badly needed experience in there today, to be fair.

Ajala showed a great desire today even after that penalty, and I could kick O'Archie in frustration, he seems to be another one in five player, today Ofori was at times unplayable, he gave the Rovers back line nightmares, especially in the first half, was a draw a fair result, maybe, to fair we didn't create much more than Rovers.

On the penalty, to be fair where we were none of us had any sort of view, so I'll take that of Friendlygas, but it caused utter bemusement amongst us gulls fans. No appeal from Rovers players, no appeal from Rovers fans , the referee didn't give it, then the lino starts waving to his mother and all hell breaks loose, will wait to see the video on that one.
Last edited by Dave on 01 Jan 2015, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

442 Gulls I think..
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

forevertufc wrote:Just back from an enjoyable day out. Our performances seem to be chalk and cheese game by game, today excellent from the team can't fault them for effort, pressed Rovers all over the park, created a few chances mainly in the first half with the wind, struggled playing against it in the second half.

The main pleasing thing to come out of this game was our defending, light years better that anything I've seen all season, barely conceded a chance to Rovers today, but the team have to keep this performance level up and have to defend like that every game, it's no good doing one game in five.

I know Downes has had his critics this season and I times it's been well deserved, but if were CH I'd be looking at a new contract for him, his experience back does add something to the team, and I feel if we end up with another untried and tested youngster ( cheaper option ) coming to replace Downes we might see our defensive woes only worsen in the long run, Harding also added a bit of badly needed experience in there today, to be fair.

Ajala showed a great desire today even after that penalty, and I could kick O'Archie in frustration, he seems to be another one in five player, today Ofori was at times unplayable, he gave the Rovers back line nightmares, especially in the first half, was a draw a fair result, maybe, to fair we didn't create much more than Rovers.

:goodpost:

exactly, i said at HT that's the best we have done for a long long time and we carried it on against serve pressure at the end!

Play like that for a run of games and the wins will return!

On the penalty, to be fair where we were none of us had any sort of view, so I'll take that of Friendlygas, but it caused utter bemusement amongst us gulls fans. No appeal from Rovers players, no appeal from Rovers fans , the referee didn't give it, then the lino starts waving to his mother and all hell breaks loose, will wait to see the video on that one.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sorry forgot to add, a special mention for Berry and Cruise, what helped this to be up there as one our best defensive performances was both full backs had very good games and for the first time this season I saw both full backs constantly stop crosses arriving in our box, so well done to both.
Formerly known as forevertufc
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

In answer to someones question I would not have been happy if the penalty had been given against us but could understand it. If you continually push and shove in the box then you are going to get caught out and that's what your players do at corners and got away with it on numerous occasions. The referee was awful and saw very little all game so it was hardly surprising that the lino saw it but he didn't. That said the officials were all typical Conference and we have now reached the stage where we just have to put up with it as do every team in the league,you included (for Brucie's sake). Amazes me how often he blames the referee even when he is sat at home in his armchair.
Don't think we deserved to win the game but neither did you and a draw was a fair result as neither team really created a lot today which may have been down to tiredness and the weather conditions which again did neither team any favours.
If you play with the same desire and commitment as you did today then you will be pressing for the Play Offs but I think you will have to improve your discipline as it was plain stupidness to get booked again after already being booked and you were lucky that the sending off didn't lose you the point you had fought so hard to earn.
You were a lot better than Macclesfield were on Sunday so good luck to you for the season.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Listening to BBC Radio Bristol on the way home, according to Marcus Stewart (Rovers' Assistant Manager) MacDonald got a second yellow for shirt pulling.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

For those not there

Torquay goal
Replayed at the end

Rovers penalty
Last edited by ethantufcbaker on 01 Jan 2015, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

friendlygas wrote:Definite penalty and totally needless by your player. Well done,you were as good today as you were poor last week and we were as poor today as we were good last week. I think we deserved a point ...just but couldn't have complained if we had lost 1-0 as we did not really look like scoring today. Your big forward who scored caused us problems and our lack of wingers meant we didn't get behind you enough. I said at the end that was a point gained for us and yet again the curse of playing the same team twice in a week comes off. It is very rare that one team wins both games in the circumstances. Thought it was a good turnout from you lot with the results you have had but the only time we looked like winning the game was after the penalty. Our final pass was always poor today and that was the main difference in the teams. You seemed to want it more and well done but your player was an absolute idiot to get sent off after being booked before. As for Brucie from his armchair blames the officials as usual.You get what you deserve in football and it always evens out over a season.
lol appears you were right Bruice,

Def pen but not one of the 7600 gas heads or any of the eleven players appealed for it.