Takeover of the club at an advanced stage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

Southampton Gull wrote: No more silly than you thinking you have more rights because you supported them when you were a little boy, as if that makes any difference to anyone except you. The club is a business and in that sense the analogy is more appropriate than you thinking you have rights based on your length of time as a customer. You have no more rights than Auntie Gladys who has just moved to the Bay from London and wants to take in a game or two and maybe pull a bloke like Brucie. She is a customer just the same as you are. ;-)
Except I didn't say anything of the sort. I didn't say I had any rights. I do have opinions, though. The new people have the "right" to change our colours to red and white stripes if they so pleased. I would like to think that a great many of us would voice our opposition to such a thing. I'd also like to think that our new owners would listen to us. Your words imply that we shouldn't have any say in something like that because we're just customers and we can just find another club who play in yellow.

My primary objection to your analogy is that football is only a business in a very basic sense. Especially at our level. The majority of us on this forum aren't just customers. I certainly wasn't a Torquay United customer when I went to Bromley or to Gateshead. The hundreds of us who regularly go to away matches don't go to put money into Torquay United. With your analogy, we went to Sainsbury's car park with a giant Tesco banner celebrating a 20% off cat food promotion. Hence "silly". Plus, if the owners aren't up to scratch, Auntie Gladys might go to Bideford AFC to get her Brucie Bonus!

And to be very clear, I have no issues with the new owners. I look forward to hearing what they have to say.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

In terms of support I don't disagree with you at all, however the business side of the club is something we have no control over and my point is that calling for statements and meetings with the prospective new owners is premature to say the least. In that sense my analogy is correct. Once the takeover is complete then crack on and request what you like. For now it's purely the normal state for any business in contractual discussions with potential new owners.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BobBobBob »

I actually agree with you that it's best to be patient and see what happens, I just didn't like your analogy!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Do you shop at Lidl by any chance? ;-)
Dave

BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BobBobBob »

You got me! I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Lidls until... there's a better deal elsewhere.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Tesco Gull wrote:Oh dear.

Some of you want to hear from a company that are buying another company before they've completed buying said company. It doesn't work like that whether you all throw your toys out of the pram or not.

Get real, you won't hear from them until the takeover is complete no matter how much whining you do. (Not aimed at you personally, Chris, just those sharing your views ;-) )
:goodpost: Forever likes this, exactly what I've been trying to say.

Oh, Tesco gull......... :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Every little helps Dave.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Or every Lidl helps in Bob's case. Not forgetting other supermarkets are available. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Lol. Made I larf. Time to divulge all of Louis's sexual habits ;-)
Dave

SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Looks like the new owners are keen to keep supporters informed. Once the deal is over the line of course.......

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 73835.aspx
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.