Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Edwards is often seen before games, can anybody confirm he was there yesterday ?
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

DevonBee wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 16:15 Edwards is often seen before games, can anybody confirm he was there yesterday ?
Yeah he was there, saw him at least a dozen times
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

GullsUnited wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 16:20 Yeah he was there, saw him at least a dozen times
Thanks for confirming 👍
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Cheddargull wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 14:33 Wouldn't agree with your edit. Owers squad included the likes of Cameron, Wynter, Reid and Hall plus Edwards and Andrews from Bristol City. Johnson was able to hit the ground running with those players and achieved promotion in just 30 games.
The players were good, it was just Owers was unable to mould them into a winning team.
Good point - thank you for correcting me!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

If we had beaten Dorking and drawn with Wealdstone, which was the state of the games when Evans and Lapslie got sent off, we would have been above the relegation places today.
Of course we may have conceded anyway but for all the (justifiable) concern about, selection, tactics and lack of quality players, it could be these two moments that cost us dearly.
That Dorking game was so crucial and we blew it.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

standupsitdown wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 12:29 If we had beaten Dorking and drawn with Wealdstone, which was the state of the games when Evans and Lapslie got sent off, we would have been above the relegation places today.
Of course we may have conceded anyway but for all the (justifiable) concern about, selection, tactics and lack of quality players, it could be these two moments that cost us dearly.
That Dorking game was so crucial and we blew it.
I agree that Dorking game seems so important. In the 5 matches before that game our form was actually pretty good with 10 points from 5 games. Our only defeat was Notts County and we had wins against Barnet, Halifax and Maidstone.

Now look at our results since Dorking and they are shocking with just 1 point from the next 5 games. We’re now too far away and relegation is all but inevitable. A win at Gateshead may give us a glimmer of hope but even then it’s a big ask.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Yes a win at Gateshead would maintain glimmer hope, especially as Dorking are so poor (form since 1st Jan significantly worse than ours) but anything less and we may as well start planning for next season and Hornchurch away.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Look we are not staying up. Get used to it. We've no chance.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Brucie is right...... whatever happened to Wivelgull who used to say that ? Hope he's alright.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

desperado wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 13:58 Brucie is right...... whatever happened to Wivelgull who used to say that ? Hope he's alright.
I think Brucie forgot his second password… :whistle:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We're staying up just to upset Somersetgulp 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well we were losing when Solihull got sent off and guess what we lost....the only recurring theme I can say is we keeping losing.

I'm sure this is the worst Torquay team in living memory. With Lapslie now with a three game ban, Collins must likely out with a groin problem, and probably no forward on the bench between now and the end of the season can anyone honestly seeing us winning enough games to stay up.

Think we will be lucky to win one more game myself.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

No I can't see us picking up enough points to stay up.
In terms of the points, if we beat Gateshead and Dagenham and Dorking keep losing, yes there's a chance, but we don't look like a team about to go on the winning run that's needed.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I called it the other evening, I said if we were beaten by Solihull and Wealdstone it was "good night Vienna" and I kinda stand by that, it's not over mathematically, but to win 6 in 10 would be some going, a lot of fans now stating the "what if" scenario.....what if we hadn't let in last min goals, had numerous players not sent off,not had a dodgy ref.....the thing is, every team in the league would or could tell you exactly the same,if you spin it around, you could say we were lucky to get the wins at Southend and Halifax away, and I remember Dorking at home/Altrincham, that's a fair amount of points when to be blunt, we probably deserved nothing, the season is the season, not individual one offs, or because of this or that, it's over the 46games, and you end up in the table where you deserve to. ..It's not yet over, as Stuart Morgan said many years ago,to paraphrase him, untill your 4 points adrift with one game to go, it's not over....Just going to take a huge effort to do this.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: