Who stays? Who goes?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

:goodpost:
PhilGull wrote: 09 May 2018, 13:39 I would disagree. With better players around him and better refereeing I think he will actually find it easier (as perverse as that sounds). He is a good footballer but that has a tendancy to get lost in the hurly burly of non-league football.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Young has a lot going for him but it's got to be channeled properly for the team.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gawd - mention on here of Ben Harding and Josh McQuoid as possible signings re-inforces my decision to ditch TUFC ..... at least whilst Gary Owers, Martin Kuhl, Geoff Harrop and Clarke Osborne have anything to do with the club.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why don't you wait until who we sign before making that decision?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

brucie wrote: 10 May 2018, 11:36 Why don't you wait until who we sign before making that decision?
I also havent seen Owers, Kuhl, Harrop or Osbourne mention these players?? Just people on here punting names!!

I'll chuck Neymar in to the ring- maybe that will help
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

sgf wrote: 10 May 2018, 12:42 I also havent seen Owers, Kuhl, Harrop or Osbourne mention these players?? Just people on here punting names!!

Exactly.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

sgf wrote: 10 May 2018, 12:42 I also havent seen Owers, Kuhl, Harrop or Osbourne mention these players?? Just people on here punting names!!

Just bought my Popside season ticket using the new online service. Very simple and quick. :)

It was the Neymar signing that clinched it for me. ;-)
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Just to show I'm not lying.....
Just to show I'm not lying.....
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If Neymar isn't in the side for the first home match of the season there's going to be a riot in the pop side now.
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

Jerry wrote: 10 May 2018, 15:04

It was the Neymar signing that clinched it for me. ;-)
It could be true ... after all he is injured!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: 10 May 2018, 11:36 Why don't you wait until who we sign before making that decision?
It's not the players who will be brought in (I accept that Harding & McQuoid are only names bandied about on here), Brucie. The reason I have decided 'enough is enough' is that we have an owner with no interest in football by his own admission (I think I am correct that he didn't attend one match this season), a CEO who is not fit for purpose and a manager and assistant who, in my opinion, have done nothing to show that they are capable of getting us back into the National League at least.

Nobody lasts for ever, even though Osborne says he is here for five years. When those four have gone as they will eventually, I hope the pendulum will swing back the other way for the club. That is, if we still have a football club.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

tomogull wrote: 11 May 2018, 00:22 It's not the players who will be brought in (I accept that Harding & McQuoid are only names bandied about on here), Brucie. The reason I have decided 'enough is enough' is that we have an owner with no interest in football by his own admission (I think I am correct that he didn't attend one match this season), a CEO who is not fit for purpose and a manager and assistant who, in my opinion, have done nothing to show that they are capable of getting us back into the National League at least.

Nobody lasts for ever, even though Osborne says he is here for five years. When those four have gone as they will eventually, I hope the pendulum will swing back the other way for the club. That is, if we still have a football club.
So Neymar hasn't swung you??
Bae gull

Post by Bae gull »

Jerry, can you tell me if there was any "service" charge for using the on-line season ticket purchase system?
Thanks
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Bae gull wrote: 11 May 2018, 08:37 Jerry, can you tell me if there was any "service" charge for using the on-line season ticket purchase system?
Thanks
No there weren't any extra charges :)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

tomogull wrote: 09 May 2018, 22:56 Gawd - mention on here of Ben Harding and Josh McQuoid as possible signings re-inforces my decision to ditch TUFC .....
Thing is you haven't ditched TUFC Tomo or you wouldn't be posting on here. Over the last 4 years I have attended far fewer games than I have in the past and when I have it has rarely been a pleasant experience. I have found other things to do including other spectator sports and other random activities......BUT, although attending fewer matches I still every day check out all 3 fans forums to keep up to date and I do that more than once a day. Whilst I cannot say I am looking forward to the experience I will see National League South games at Plainmoor - although most definitely not all of them! You have been attending far more than me in recent years, and I think you will find "ditching" TUFC is as difficult as anybody trying to give up any addition like tobacco, alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, or facebook!! ;-)