Leyton Orient v Torquay United 13/3/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 23:26 That was an attempt at humour, sorry, bit harsh was it ? Ooops
if that was an attempt then.... well....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Bumgina?

What are you, 3?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

Post by ministander »

saw Orient v Gateshead two weeks ago when we were supposed to be playing them, they are a fairly good side, physically strong, with some good players. The crowd were strangely quiet, and very quickly turned on their players when Gateshead came from 3 down to draw the match.
always like going to Orient, nice ground, humorous fans, i will miss these decent grounds next year.
cant see anything but a spanking for us!! :whip:
Orient 4 tufc 1. :'(
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

I'd been looking forward to this fixture all season. United up in mid table without a care. Orient gunning for the title. Entertainment a-plenty. No pressure on us against the big boys in the division. We win.... we're all happy. We draw... we're still happy. We lose... oh well, that was expected. Move on. Nothing to see here.

But.... after what I saw on Saturday (and the result) what the **** is the point. Do I spend an hour trying to find a parking space in Leytonstone? Do I spend 15-18 quid to get in. Do I get laughed at by all and sundry regarding our plight. Do I then spend an hour or so getting out of poxy London and back to my cosy little cottage in rural Kent? Do I drive in silence with a passenger who was so down-hearted after Saturday that I thought I'd better stop off at the nearest Samaritans to get us both some leaflets on how NOT to keep driving past our idyl in Kent and head down to Beachy Head.

Do I ****.

I love this club to death. My wife still cannot believe that (at my age) I got the old United badge tatoo'd on my leg. It hurts when they lose, of course it does. But it hurts so much more when the 'team' you follow all over the country through rain and shine cannot even be bothered to put in 100% in our current plight. Only one player showed any passion on Saturday and I am not paying out my hard earned cash to watch that shower of shite (Dorel excluded) on a cold Tuesday night in East London.

So, cue the best ever performance from United on Tuesday and we romp to a 4-0 away win.

I'll check the score on teletext (google it) and smile when I see that result. But, inside I'll know in my heart of hearts that it is all too little, too late. And I'll head off to bed planning in my head all the lovely trips to look forward to next season.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 00:18 Bumgina?

What are you, 3?
:rofl:

Must admit. Never heard that term before. :O

About tomorrow.

Barrow's game has been postponed so they will have 3 games in hand after tomorrow. If Torquay lose at Orient and Barrow pick up at least one win from their 3 in hand then that's them out of the relegation picture. Hartlepool are currently on 38 points which is effectively 39 due to the goal difference so in all likelihood it's Hartlepool that need to be caught.

Lose at Orient and not only will Hartlepool be effectively 12 points clear but they will also have a game in hand too.

I think we all know it's already over but i think a defeat tomorrow puts it beyond all reasonable doubt unless this crock of shit that we call the TUFC squad manage to defy huge bookies odds and the losing trend of the season thus far by pretty much win most of the remaining games.

Who is mad enough to even be going to Orient anyway?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Can't fault you.
Fans like us need a reason to turn up and spend money and valuable time travelling.

Can't just be expected and the owner manager and players are giving us no reason
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

When we beat them 3-0 in November they were managerless and looked the worst side seen at Plainmoor
so far and nailed on for relegation. Only 4 points clear of us then - now 16 and pretty much safe . Just shows
how a new manager can come in and turn things around. Owers has made what ? 22 signings and we are
further adrift than when he arrived
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 00:18 Bumgina?

What are you, 3?
Yep mental age of a 3-5 yr old which qualifies me to converse with you :rofl:
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

We will start the game set up to defend as we always do, will keep a clean sheet for 89 minutes (although we will not create anything meaningful at the other end) and concede a soft goal to all but seal relegation.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Modgull wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 19:59 We will start the game set up to defend as we always do, will keep a clean sheet for 89 minutes (although we will not create anything meaningful at the other end) and concede a soft goal to all but seal relegation.
You're optimistic
Lucy
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Modgull wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 19:59 We will start the game set up to defend as we always do, will keep a clean sheet for 89 minutes (although we will not create anything meaningful at the other end) and concede a soft goal to all but seal relegation.
Here's a radical thought - maybe Owers should not bother with any "tactics" tonight and just say to the players "get out there and play the game as you see it". Surely, the players know who is best in which position and if not restricted by the manager's tactics board can organise themselves - they call themselves "professional footballers" after all!! :whistle:

Surely that can't be any worse than the current style.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

It's a poor side in Orient taking on a pub side.

It's a ridiculous rip off price of £20 walk up.

It's a guaranteed defeat.

It's certain to be a stinker of a match.

It's in London.

5 reasons not to bother.

On the positive side, there is a TUST meet at the Leyton Technical pub (see TUST updates thread) before the game and it's open to all, not just members.

If you are attending tonight then maybe get some benefit from your evening and pop along to the meeting and see what it's about.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Yeah I just can't face the effort and expense tonight. Hope they prove me wrong.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

If people are saying this about a conference game, I hope the prices drop next season in the conference south.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

all the best to those travelling to the game tonight.... hope its worth it...

looking forward to seeing all the away crew at Chester in a few weeks.

Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468