Fans Forum - Wednesday 30th September

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

didn't go tonight, but think John Milton has been mentioned to help with scouting.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Bleeper wrote: Anyone able to elaborate more on what was meant by help from those three mentioned?

I asked if Kev had any contacts at clubs that he'd be looking to explore a partnership with and also if he could confirm the John Milton rumour.

He said that eunan had rang him the morning he got the job to wish him well and let him know that Eddie Howe had said he'd be willing to help him out with loanees. He also said he had Colin lee who has links with Chelsea now to call on.
He confirmed that John Milton had also been in touch as he's a good friend of Nicho's and offered to help out too. So sounding positive!

I also liked his desire to build bridges with the community rather than just begging more people to come to plainmoor he wants to give them a reason to come to plainmoor and I think that's crucial!
RichyMills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: the 12th man

Post by RichyMills »

DaveysBarTab wrote:Eunan prob not gonna offer the help we need.... him on the pitch. I think nico has to be looking at players asap. We dont have many half decent ones but hes gonna give the lads a chance... yeh for now.

A centre mid and striker have to b signed as we create nothing except from butler/hurst.

Wonder if nico can inspire briscoe with fitness regimes.... hes wasting his career away
Briscoe is a class act but lose a bit of weight and he would be streets ahead of most players in the league
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Probably the most interesting thing to come out of last night, in my opinion, was the revelation that the boards original investment remains untouched. Presumably to cover for a dip in average gates below the 1800 needed.

Good news, and shows the newer posters spreading doom of impending administration and closure are either a) completely clueless or b) being nefarious in their actions. Indeed, Dave Philips, when asked if there was any further investment waiting in the wings, categorically said no - but that he was sure there were asset strippers out there who would love to do them down and 'buy the club for a song' .

So George, wbw, mushroom etc - please go away, frauds.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

RichyMills wrote: Briscoe is a class act, but lose a bit of weight and he would be streets ahead of most players in the league.
Most of these lads just need a little time to prove themselves. It's hardly surprising, given all the events at the club this year and their late start pre-season, that they have not yet done so. It's up to Nico now to restore stability, self-confidence, and desire to win, in the team, and up to us to get up to Plainmoor and support them on match days.

But when it comes to losing weight, a proper dietary regime is even more important than exercise. You can have loads of exercise without losing any weight if you don't stick to an appropriate diet. But you will shed the pounds much more easily and with minimum exercise if you have the willpower and self-discipline to stick to your diet and not over-eat. Over to you, Mr. B.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 01 Oct 2015, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Great Gesture from O'kane to contact Kev and make a point to Eddie Howe that TUFC might need help.

O'kane could even come back himself if he likes.... :)
To the dotted line, We're on our way
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

DJ Gull wrote:Great Gesture from O'kane to contact Kev and make a point to Eddie Howe that TUFC might need help.

O'kane could even come back himself if he likes.... :)
He could go one better and request a transfer so we can cash in on that sell-on fee. Would certainly boost Nicho's playing budget ;-)
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

there's an hour long video up of the forum on YouTube. Having watched most of it, I think he speaks very well, my opinion of him has improved immensely, well worth watching. One bit that struck me was the way he speaks of how he wants the club to be proactive in the community, and how he wants to reinvigorate the match day experience, sounds spot on!
The gulls are going up
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Did anyone enquire about the rumour of a Chris Hargreaves settlement at all last night? Paying effectively for two managers and potentially two coaches is obviously crippling and accounts I think for our league position and the threat of further relegation. I have every respect for the new regime at Plainmoor and for their clear bravery but I do think we are entitled to know as much as is legally possible about the situation.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I'm not sure why. I just watched every minute that video, the board clearly stated their original investment remains untouched, the money in players fund is untouched, and the NL board excpeted their financial plan for the season.

That's all we need to know, and suggests our recent scaremongering new posters, were clearly talking right out from where the sun does not shine. Our football club is not going bust next week, or the week after.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I am a long time supporter and I therefore don't take too kindly to being branded with Mushroom and co. The garden leave situation is contributing to the restricted playing budget and our poor league position. Surely I am entitled to ask what is rumour and what is fact in relation to this matter.? If I have to be categorised as said I am generally supportive of the new board.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Apologies Dazza, should have made my post a bit clearer. I certainly was not accusing you of anything, and didn't mean it to come across that way, was merely suggesting with the board saying their original investment is untouched, and NL board happy with the clubs finances, the Hargreaves situation isn't having a fatal effect clubs budgets (not sure I have my wording right there, hopefully you'll understand what I mean)

Second part of my post was a message meant for mushroom and his friends.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Dazza wrote:I am a long time supporter and I therefore don't take too kindly to being branded with Mushroom and co. The garden leave situation is contributing to the restricted playing budget and our poor league position. Surely I am entitled to ask what is rumour and what is fact in relation to this matter.? If I have to be categorised as said I am generally supportive of the new board.

I thought Steve Breed said last week that a settlement had been agreed with Chris Hargreaves? There was so much said last week that I may be imagining it. Can anyone else confirm what I thought I heard ??
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Yes, that's right tomo; confirmed in the Herald podcast that negotiations are nearing completion in this matter.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Georg

Post by Georg »

Kit_robin wrote:Probably the most interesting thing to come out of last night, in my opinion, was the revelation that the boards original investment remains untouched. Presumably to cover for a dip in average gates below the 1800 needed.

Good news, and shows the newer posters spreading doom of impending administration and closure are either a) completely clueless or b) being nefarious in their actions. Indeed, Dave Philips, when asked if there was any further investment waiting in the wings, categorically said no - but that he was sure there were asset strippers out there who would love to do them down and 'buy the club for a song' .

So George, wbw, mushroom etc - please go away, frauds.
Exactly what i expected got said then.