Players fund

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I think these last 2 signings could have something to do with the pledges made?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33822182
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The club could see an increase in contributions at the end of August when more new monthly standing orders kick in.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Paid my second £20 today, anybody got an idea what we have raised so far?
To the dotted line, We're on our way
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

seeing as they've folded the membership scheme, i think they can keep the £25 i contributed to that, even though i am disgruntled about not even having the decency to tell someone who's giving £300 a year of their hard earned that its ending? surely they should have also stopped the DD when that decision was made?? did they stop anyones?? poor show!
still keeping the faith
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

bixieupnorth wrote:seeing as they've folded the membership scheme, i think they can keep the £25 i contributed to that, even though i am disgruntled about not even having the decency to tell someone who's giving £300 a year of their hard earned that its ending? surely they should have also stopped the DD when that decision was made?? did they stop anyones?? poor show!
That is pretty poor form, although I can understand that they probably had other big issues to deal with.

I would perhaps write to the club and state that although you're happy to let them keep the £25, the least they could do is offer you a free ticket to a game or something.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

cambgull wrote: That is pretty poor form, although I can understand that they probably had other big issues to deal with.

I would perhaps write to the club and state that although you're happy to let them keep the £25, the least they could do is offer you a free ticket to a game or something.

I would say the club are damn lucky. Less charitable fans would have had them through the courts by now. Taking money in this way is just wrong.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

PhilGull wrote:
I would say the club are damn lucky. Less charitable fans would have had them through the courts by now. Taking money in this way is just wrong.

Can we not escalate this up to the Courts ? We're a small friendly Club with overworked staff trying to cope with an horrendous mess left behind by the previous incumbents. I know it's frustrating with this sort of situation, but I've drawn the attention of our CEO to the problem, & he's going to talk directly to Bixie about it. COYYs. TTID
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

taxilady wrote:
Can we not escalate this up to the Courts ? We're a small friendly Club with overworked staff trying to cope with an horrendous mess left behind by the previous incumbents. I know it's frustrating with this sort of situation, but I've drawn the attention of our CEO to the problem, & he's going to talk directly to Bixie about it. COYYs. TTID
I don't think anyone has suggested or indicated they will be doing that so I don't think there is any need to exaggerate this
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

I meant suggesting the courts Richenns; trying to calm the situation, not exaggerate it !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'm honestly not bothered about it, i'd have much rather kept the membership going and had the opportunity to get a cheap ticket on the off chance that i'm back in devon and theres a match on, only used the offer twice in the three years i've had the card

i certainly wont be chasing the matter thru the courts, and am not interested in a chat with steve, apart from about the team on some northern terrace as i have done on several occasions in the past. they certainly did have a lot on their plate, so for me its over and done with, they can keep my donation and i'm happy to continue it, would love to keep my number 0001 membership card, so if it does reoccur then that would be my only wish!!

cheers for all the interest and replies anyway, let the whole team focus on the next games over the bank holiday!
still keeping the faith
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Seems there is not sufficient regular commitment or cash in this fund ?

From today's WMN : Cox is keen to add some valuable experience to his National League squad, but said he had met with director of football Dean Edwards this week and had been told there is no more money to spend.

As the Players Fund monies have been donated by the fans and are, the Board said, ring fenced specifically to be spent on players and nothing else, now is a good time for the Board to let us know how much is available and how much more is required to be able to assist Paul.

Perhaps if we know how much we are short per month, that might provide a boost to this initiative.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gloomy Gull wrote:Seems there is not sufficient regular commitment or cash in this fund ?

From today's WMN : Cox is keen to add some valuable experience to his National League squad, but said he had met with director of football Dean Edwards this week and had been told there is no more money to spend.

As the Players Fund monies have been donated by the fans and are, the Board said, ring fenced specifically to be spent on players and nothing else, now is a good time for the Board to let us know how much is available and how much more is required to be able to assist Paul.

Perhaps if we know how much we are short per month, that might provide a boost to this initiative.
I think it is likely the recruitments of Fisher and Heslop have been helped by the fund
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

It would be impossible for the board to know how much money is going to be in the fund from one day to the next. They can hope that each and every payment has been set up as a standing order for the same amount every month but they cannot use it to plan very far ahead.
They can either say to Cox there was x amount paid in last month so you can sign someone on a one month contract for that next month or wait until the seasons end and say there was x amount paid in last season you can use that to sign a player on a one year contract next season.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

PhilGull wrote:It would be impossible for the board to know how much money is going to be in the fund from one day to the next. They can hope that each and every payment has been set up as a standing order for the same amount every month but they cannot use it to plan very far ahead.
They can either say to Cox there was x amount paid in last month so you can sign someone on a one month contract for that next month or wait until the seasons end and say there was x amount paid in last season you can use that to sign a player on a one year contract next season.
I agree that it is too early to be making expansive plans for player recruitment right now, but Dean's comments seemed very closed, with no suggestion that any funds were expected to assist in the future

Option 2 (wait to see how much is in the pot at the end of the season) is not quite how I understood the sell by the Board. I believed it was to help during the season.

Perhaps we need to wait until the end of Sept/mid Oct before the Board can establish how much of the income appears to be regular (by identifying the repeat payments) and plan forward from that?

Is it my imagination or did Steve Breed suggest a figure of £2k per month as a target? If that is correct I would like to know how close we are to achieving that - maybe not today, but soon.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It would make sense if the money donated was to be saved in order to sign players over the winter, as back-up for players injured or suspended, as these are bound to mount up halfway through the season.